Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times

Advertisements

We are a nation of free people that have created a government untainted by any religion. I like it that way.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:06 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me

Why do people continue to post threads like this?

It's stupid, it's boring, and it enlightens no one.

And, yes, I'm a Christian.
And, yes, I hate radical Islam.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:31 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Because it's so much fun to bash the stupid Christians and watch them seethe in the anger and hatred that is so characteristic of their blind narcissistic faith. The Muslims, well, if you insult them, some Islamic Fred Phelps just puts a fatwah on a crappy video and post it where Fox News will find it, but the rest of the Muslims just ignore it and get on their lives.

Last edited by jtur88; 06-14-2010 at 09:40 AM..

Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Because it's so much fun to bash the stupid Christians and watch them seethe in the anger and hatred that is so characteristic of their blind narcissistic faith. The Muslims, well, if you insult them, some Islamic Fred Phelps just puts a fatwah on a crappy video and post it where Fox News will find it, but the rest of the Muslims just ignore it and get on their lives.
Muslims ignore insults huh? I could go to great lengths to prove your assertion wrong, but then again that would be assuming that you never noticed the cataclysm that was September 11, 2001.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:35 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
How the people who founded this country felt about god or anything else does NOT mean you christians can shove your religion down everyone's throat. Maybe if you backed off and just worshipped your god in a dignified , quiet, non-offensive way you wouldn't get picked on so much....oh, and you could try LIVING your religion instead of just slamming other beliefs....try THAT for a change!

This is NOT a christian nation....it is a FREE nation.

All you have to do is read the religions threads here. Take some time and do so.

No one is shoving anything here but you. I never said it was a Christian nation, I said the men and woman that founded it WERE Christian. That is a FACT! Like it or not.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:44 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,322,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me
It happens for two reasons.

1. A completely misguided sense of political correctness.

2. A double standard driven by COWARDICE.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
Religious "cramming" is what most people object to. No one enjoys obtrusive "in yer face" activities, etc. Religion shouldn't ever be used to make people miserable.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times
Oh wow. This thread is still going on?

As an atheist liberal, I hate all religions. I do not discriminate, I just hate them all. They are all false and equally pathetic. Not just Christianity. Feel better now? God Damn. *rolls eyes*

Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
All you have to do is read the religions threads here.""

the Religion thread is MEANT for debate! and just as many christians are in their slinging the mud and the lies as any other group.

"""Take some time and do so.

No one is shoving anything here but you.""""

WHAT! I never tried to shove atheism on anyone...so another blatant lie.

"""I never said it was a Christian nation, I said the men and woman that founded it WERE Christian. That is a FACT! Like it or not.
I'll try again.......
How the people who founded this country felt about god or anything else has NO bearing on how this country is. or should be, run AND does NOT mean you christians can shove your religion down everyone's throat. Maybe if you backed off and just worshipped your god in a dignified , quiet, non-offensive way you wouldn't get picked on so much....oh, and you could try LIVING your religion instead of just slamming other beliefs....try THAT for a change!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:55 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I'll try again.......
How the people who founded this country felt about god or anything else has NO bearing on how this country is. or should be, run AND does NOT mean you christians can shove your religion down everyone's throat. Maybe if you backed off and just worshipped your god in a dignified , quiet, non-offensive way you wouldn't get picked on so much....oh, and you could try LIVING your religion instead of just slamming other beliefs....try THAT for a change!

And I will say it again. I NEVER said this was a Christian nation I said it was FOUNDED by men and woman that WERE Christian. You keep confusing the difference.

No one is shoving anything down your throat. You do not have to go into a Church if you don't want to. There is no religion in public schools, no religion in government, no one making you worship anything. You make these outrageous claims that are false. You are in no way forced to be Christian!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies