Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 07:59 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,674,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No matter how facitious you choose to be....the fact remains that it does not make sense to attempt to intimidate white voters when Obama needed white voters to win and white voters generally split nearly 50/50 between the two parties. If you want to try to reduce votes for democrats than it would make sense to stand out in front of a polling place or make efforts to reduce the black vote because 90% of the black vote goes to democrats.

Thus....the first question one has to ask is did the BPP want Obama to win. If they did then they realized that the white vote was needed for Obama to win and moreover, the more integrated the polling site the more likely that the majority of people showing up will be voting liberal. Now...if the wante to suppresse the white republican vote they could have driven out to a polling station in a district that votes heavily Republican. Now....granted......that one guy probably simply hates white people to a degree that his hatred is working against his own interest to get Obama elected....by saying racist things. However....I did not hear any of those things in the video. I mean....they were not carrying signs like the some elements of the Tea Party does.

It does not make sense, but fascism and totalitarianism rarely makes sense.

Voter intimidation with weapons or threat of violence crosses the line of a rational society and puts the whole politcal process into a force of arms.

Again, I can gaurantee you that if the Black Panthers show up again at polling places in an attempt to influence an election, that there will be gun battles at polling places.

Only an insane man, or an abject Obama partisan, would not understand the significance of the failure of the justice department to prosecute these criminals.

I am an educated man. I am a wealthy man. I can say, however, that I will be carrying a firearm to every election from this point forward, given the fact the federal government seems comfortable with allowing armed voter intimidation. This precedent sets the stage for violence (and I assume there will be some), as when the federal government fails to preserve free elections, anarchy erupts.

This is the "hope" and "change" of Obama- needing weapons to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 08:00 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,782,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Liberals would probably notify their next of kin.

Probably so....

Old 07-18-2010, 08:01 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You are not serious, right?

When in the existence of sane people, has it EVER been acceptable to stand out in front of a polling place and intimidate potential voters. Those guys looked intimidating and carried WEAPONS;older people who valued thier lives, would have run away. That is not a republic, that is a fascist state. God help you if you can condone this affront to our right to unmolested voting.

Having concealed carry, had I confronted these guys with weapons, I would have pulled out my .40 cal Sig (which is my preferred carry), told them to get thier MF asses on the ground with thier hands on the back of thier heads, or I would have shot them dead. Why? They were brandishing weapons and I do not condone imbeciles trying to threaten me. They were committing ASSUALT, as that is the CREDIBLE THREAT to cause harm. Battery would have been the use of thier weapon.

Had they asked me if I was voting Republican, I would have said "yes", and drawn the weapon at the same instant. I can tell you damn straight that I will make sure to carry whenever I vote. If I confront Black Panthers, there will be a gun fight, and I will win, as I am trained in handguns and they are not. I am old enough and have cancer, so do I do not value my life as much as my liberty. There are many, many more people like me who will face these violent thugs down (as we have nothing to lose) if the government will not protect the freedom to vote. I am a professional and wealthy. When you have wealthy, law abiding citizens who have to think about killing people to vote, perhaps the current administration has gone WAY TO FAR in thier radical agenda. Most people are realizing that Obama is the president of certain groups, but not everyone, and does not give a damn about half of the US population. He is not our president, as the Black Panther decision verifies.

I VALUE LIBERTY AND MY RIGHT TO VOTE. DO YOU WANT GUN BATTLES AT POLLING PLACES? ARE YOU INSANE? I AM QUITE SERIOUS ABOUT MY STATEMENTS AND WOULD CONTEST WITH VIOLENCE MY ABILITY TO VOTE. IF WE NO LONGER HAVE THAT RIGHT, THE REPUBLIC IS DEAD, SO WHO CARES.
If these people were intimidating by their LOOKS and their LOOKS scared people.......well.....black people have EYES TOO! Is there a LOOK that is intimidating exclusively for whites? Why were not black people shaking in their boots too over army fatigues and night sticks? People keep using the terms "armed" and "weapons", as if they were like some tea party members who showed up at an OBama rally with assault rifles. These guys had a little billy club, which is not against the law and certainly all you people who are advocates of the right to bear arms are now suggesting that a person should not even be allowed to carry a stick....lol. You want the right to bear arms, as in hand guns and assult rifles, but a black guy with a stick should be arrested because he looks "dangerous"....lol. GIve me a freakin break already. You guys kill me. Again...this is simply an example of "white fear" of blacks. This is why whites have moved away from blacks for decades now. Whites fear being victimized by blacks. That is why all these white police officers end up killing black people.....FEAR and intimidation leads them to overreact. What did they say about Rodney King....he was a big black guy "growling" like an animal....which is intimidating for white guys so they tried to beat the hell out of him.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:02 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
It does not make sense, but fascism and totalitarianism rarely makes sense.

Voter intimidation with weapons or threat of violence crosses the line of a rational society and puts the whole politcal process into a force of arms.

Again, I can gaurantee you that if the Black Panthers show up again at polling places in an attempt to influence an election, that there will be gun battles at polling places.

Only an insane man, or an abject Obama partisan, would not understand the significance of the failure of the justice department to prosecute these criminals.

I am an educated man. I am a wealthy man. I can say, however, that I will be carrying a firearm to every election from this point forward, given the fact the federal government seems comfortable with allowing armed voter intimidation. This precedent sets the stage for violence (and I assume there will be some), as when the federal government fails to preserve free elections, anarchy erupts.

This is the "hope" and "change" of Obama- needing weapons to vote.
So....if they are standing there with night sticks when you walk by are you going to shoot at them and then say you did so because you felt intimidated

Old 07-18-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
If these people were intimidating by their LOOKS and their LOOKS scared people.......well.....black people have EYES TOO! Is there a LOOK that is intimidating exclusively for whites? Why were not black people shaking in their boots too over army fatigues and night sticks? People keep using the terms "armed" and "weapons", as if they were like some tea party members who showed up at an OBama rally with assault rifles. These guys had a little billy club, which is not against the law and certainly all you people who are advocates of the right to bear arms are now suggesting that a person should not even be allowed to carry a stick....lol. You want the right to bear arms, as in hand guns and assult rifles, but a black guy with a stick should be arrested because he looks "dangerous"....lol. GIve me a freakin break already. You guys kill me. Again...this is simply an example of "white fear" of blacks. This is why whites have moved away from blacks for decades now. Whites fear being victimized by blacks. That is why all these white police officers end up killing black people.....FEAR and intimidation leads them to overreact.

Billy club is good enough for me. That is a weapon. That is a polling place.

I can say with 100% certainty that if I enconter one of these guys in front of a polling place with a billy club (and they ask anything about my voting or suggest that I not go in), that is assault. I will pull my weapon and shoot ALL OF THEM dead without hesitation. That is my right, as a citizen, to protect myself from the credible threat of violence.

Again, I ask you, sir- what sane individial would want a polling place to turn into a shooting gallery?

I care little about my personal life, but do value liberty. If confronted by these same thugs, I will shoot them dead. It is my right as a citizen.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Billy club is good enough for me. That is a weapon. That is a polling place.

I can say with 100% certainty that if I enconter one of these guys in front of a polling place with a billy club (and they ask anything about my voting or suggest that I not go in), that is assault. I will pull my weapon and shoot ALL OF THEM dead without hesitation. That is my right, as a citizen, to protect myself from the credible threat of violence.

Again, I ask you, sir- what sane individial would want a polling place to turn into a shooting gallery?

I care little about my personal life, but do value liberty. If confronted by these same thugs, I will shoot them dead. It is my right as a citizen.

Thugs get shot dead every day dude....and they have better weapons than you do. Thats the point. With the type of weapons out on the streets, 40 cal, AR 15, Ak's...ect....a night stick hardly ranks as a weapon. If you try to walk down the street at night and bring a night stick for protection....the only way it will help you is from the thugs ROTFLTAO giving you a chance to run away before they can get up and pull the chopper out on you. Get serioius....a night stick is not a weapon.

You will NEVER have liberty if you live your life SCARED. If these guys were intimidating.....its because you are cowards and if you are not cowards....then you are simply liars.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
So....if they are standing there with night sticks when you walk by are you going to shoot at them and then say you did so because you felt intimidated
Nope- only if they barred me from entering, or asked who I was voting for and restricted me from entering based on my answer. If that was the case, I would kill them without hesitation.

I am not afraid of black thugs, as I have dealt with them in my youth. I am not afraid of a black face or a uniform- that is for suburbanites. Blacks are afraid of Mexicans and white trash- they used to be, and should be, afraid of me if they are suggesting an act of violence. Unlike other people without the same background, I would not hesitate to act.

ANYONE STANDING IN FRONT OF A POLLING PLACE WITH A WEAPON IS COMMITTING A FEDERAL CRIME. If the Black Panthers want a voting place war, that is thier option. However-

1. In the next election, there will be citizens to meet them with greater firepower

2. The whole election and electoral process will be shut down, due to violence in the polling stations

3. Obama would be detained under military arrest for his allowing a terrorist group to subvert US elections.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:18 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Thugs get shot dead every day dude....and they have better weapons than you do. Thats the point. With the type of weapons out on the streets, 40 cal, AR 15, Ak's...ect....a night stick hardly ranks as a weapon. If you try to walk down the street at night and bring a night stick for protection....the only way it will help you is from the thugs ROTFLTAO giving you a chance to run away before they can get up and pull the chopper out on you.
LMAO I think the night stick was meant more for symbolism then actual violence

Old 07-18-2010, 08:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
This story reminds me of the faux-pimp/prostitute/ACORN story - which turned out to be a bunch of hot air.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Nope- only if they barred me from entering, or asked who I was voting for and restricted me from entering based on my answer. If that was the case, I would kill them without hesitation.

I am not afraid of black thugs, as I have dealt with them in my youth. I am not afraid of a black face or a uniform- that is for suburbanites. Blacks are afraid of Mexicans and white trash- they used to be, and should be, afraid of me if they are suggesting an act of violence. Unlike other people without the same background, I would not hesitate to act.

ANYONE STANDING IN FRONT OF A POLLING PLACE WITH A WEAPON IS COMMITTING A FEDERAL CRIME. If the Black Panthers want a voting place war, that is thier option. However-

1. In the next election, there will be citizens to meet them with greater firepower

2. The whole election and electoral process will be shut down, due to violence in the polling stations

3. Obama would be detained under military arrest for his allowing a terrorist group to subvert US elections.

LOL....dude...you kill me. What planet do you live on? There are cats out here that have killed MANY people. Who the hell and why the hell do you think anybody would be intimidated by YOU....given all the murders that take place in the hood? How many people have you killed to date? How many shoot outs have you been involved in? How many murders have you witnessed? Guns are every place dude and thugs deal with armed people like you all the time.....and it aint no thang for them. You sound like a wanna be gangster or something. Let me guess....you got a gangster rap video too...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies