Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 04:10 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times

Advertisements

The Black Panthers don't represent all black americans any more than the tea party or the klan represents all white americans. Hate appears to be the focus of the conservative element suffering from sour grapes because of Obama's annihilation of their party candidate in 2008 and his continued success as president. Racism as spawned the conservative ideology, and that of the tea party movement and the klan.

If a group of angry black people respond, their expression is not intimidation. This is ridiculous and so is the idea of voter intimidation.

In the meantime, this president doing a fine job while the conservatives continue to chase their tails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 04:13 PM

9 posts, read 8,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The Black Panthers don't represent all black americans any more than the tea party or the klan represents all white americans. Hate appears to be the focus of the conservative element suffering from sour grapes because of Obama's annihilation of their party candidate in 2008 and his continued success as president. Racism as spawned the conservative ideology, and that of the tea party movement and the klan.

If a group of angry black people respond, their expression is not intimidation. This is ridiculous and so is the idea of voter intimidation.

In the meantime, this president doing a fine job while the conservatives continue to chase their tails.
Affirmative action for crack dealers!!! ****, yeah!!!
Quote:
No. 299: Eliminate disparity in sentencing for crack and cocaine

The Promise:

"Will work in a bipartisan way to eliminate disparities" between mandatory sentences for trafficking crack cocaine versus powder cocaine, which he believes has disproportionately filled our prison with young black and Latino drug users.
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Old 07-18-2010, 04:14 PM

880 posts, read 2,025,649 times
If someone felt intimidate by these guys how come nobody called the cops?It was plain to see one had a weapon.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:21 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
If you don't get it, then you don't want to get it. Voter intimidation is voter intimidation. And like another poster mentioned, I'd like to hear what you and Obama's DOJ would have to say if there was a Klansman standing there.
I think that white people tend to be intimidated by black people anyway. As much as you talk about black criminality and black violence....any black people standing in front of any establishment is intimidating to some white folks. Hell....Detroit went from a majority white city to a majority black city because whites were intimidated by blacks. The justice department needs something OBJECTIVE to go by....not the SUBJECTIVE fears of whites concerning blacks.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
If someone felt intimidate by these guys how come nobody called the cops?It was plain to see one had a weapon.
Right. I see someone talking on a cell phone behind them and a old guy with a cane walk up and it looks like they are not even paying attention to them. Where are the people who said that they went to vote......but did not vote because they felt intimidated?

Old 07-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
One should be able to vote without the FEAR of intimidation.
While that is very hard to prove, a guy in army fatigues standing 10 feet in front of the polling place branishing a nightstick would be unnerving to people going to vote.

What if a KKK member in full dress was there instead of the BP member. Just standing there doing nothing but holding a night stick.

Somehow I don't think the KKK scenario would get trivialized and dismissed like the BP scenario did.

In my mind, the Black Panthers are no better than the KKK.

If the polling places needed protection..then have the police come in. Heck, even have ACORN come in if it involves minorities, but not the Black Panthers for pete's sake.
Thats the thing though..... Intimidation is SUBJECTIVE. My wife is afraid of ALL animals.....puppies....kittens....whatever. If she went to vote and someone had their little dog with them outside of polling station.....does she have an argument that it was voter intimidation because she was scared of little dogs? Hell....I see people wearing desert army fatigues all the time....and it does not intimidate me. Many white people are intimidated by black youth with baggy pants and dew rags walking wide legged. They think they are "gangsters" up to no good. Some people look menacing simply by their facial expressions...making some people intimidated. However, without ACTIONS.....there is simply NO CASE to prosecute the BPP.

My advice to white folks....stop being so sceeerd!. Oh...by the way...black people are hardly intimidated by white sheets these days. That is not a good example. Maybe if there were white police officers in front of a polling station.....blacks might be intimidated that they would be shot or something....but not the Klan

Old 07-18-2010, 05:53 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
The police were called. Both members of the NBPP were wearing paramilitary clothing, and the one carrying the night stick was heckling voters, calling them "white devils" and "cracker." The one carrying the night stick was the NBPP's Minister King Shabazz. The other, Jerry Jackson, was an official poll watcher of the Democratic party. Shabazz was arrested by the Philadelphia police, but I don't know about Jackson. Jackson served as an official poll watcher four days later at a Philadelphia municipal election.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:14 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,536 times
Ummmm. The fact that Obama won exhonorates the Black Panther Thugs in front of the election site? Is that what you are saying? Well, I guess you could say, they were successful... Help me out. Cuz, I really don't get your post.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:16 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Thats the thing though..... Intimidation is SUBJECTIVE. My wife is afraid of ALL animals.....puppies....kittens....whatever. If she went to vote and someone had their little dog with them outside of polling station.....does she have an argument that it was voter intimidation because she was scared of little dogs? Hell....I see people wearing desert army fatigues all the time....and it does not intimidate me. Many white people are intimidated by black youth with baggy pants and dew rags walking wide legged. They think they are "gangsters" up to no good. Some people look menacing simply by their facial expressions...making some people intimidated. However, without ACTIONS.....there is simply NO CASE to prosecute the BPP.

My advice to white folks....stop being so sceeerd!. Oh...by the way...black people are hardly intimidated by white sheets these days. That is not a good example. Maybe if there were white police officers in front of a polling station.....blacks might be intimidated that they would be shot or something....but not the Klan
Ah, I don't think you can equate a kitten with a nightstick...

Old 07-18-2010, 06:20 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Really, I don't see how this story has any legs to go as far as it has. Granted, I think that the New Black Panther Party is a hate orginization plain and simple....or at least its members seem to be filled with hate. However, the video that Fox news keeps looping of two black panther members standing in front of a polling station with a club was aimed to be threatening to who?
I agree, they weren't really doing anything wrong. I think the KKK should have been there swinging a noose. As long as the Black Panthers or the KKK didn't used their little toys no harm right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies