Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 01:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think that white people tend to be intimidated by black people anyway. As much as you talk about black criminality and black violence....any black people standing in front of any establishment is intimidating to some white folks. Hell....Detroit went from a majority white city to a majority black city because whites were intimidated by blacks. The justice department needs something OBJECTIVE to go by....not the SUBJECTIVE fears of whites concerning blacks.
I don't disagree with you completely, but I do think that if a man in a para-military uniform with a billy in his hand yelled something like "Cracker you will soon find out what it is like being ruled by a black man" at any white voter in the area it might be intimidating to all in the vicinity. Especially if that very black man called a cell phone camera a weapon, as Shabazz did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 01:30 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't disagree with you completely, but I do think that if a man in a para-military uniform with a billy in his hand yelled something like "Cracker you will soon find out what it is like being ruled by a black man" at any white voter in the area it might be intimidating to all in the vicinity. Especially if that very black man called a cell phone camera a weapon, as Shabazz did.
Yea I won't lie. If I was to witness that I'd leave. ASAP. I wouldn't ask any questions, I wouldn't even look around. Just exit the scene.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:32 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Have you seen the white folks that dress as the blacks do and will mimic their mannerisms? Or visa versa....? We're not happy regardless of anything.

I shared a room once in a military hospital with a black woman. I was leaving that day and putting on my face make-up. I noticed how white my skin had become, "I said look at me, I am so white, no tan". (temporary amnesia)

Then it clicked, oops. I said, "we are always trying to be something we are not, never satisfied". She said, "you know I see it too. Black people wanting to be white, white people wanting to be black. I agree with you". She went on to talk about skin bleaching...

I'm just be-bopper through life. I just see people. Some I like and some I don't. And not one group will fit into a box.
And all that is cool.....my problem is that when people try to make their life a microcosm for everyone. Thus....a person feels that an argument can be discredited simply because THEY don't feel a certain way.....which they use to extrapolate that NO ONE FEELS THIS WAY or that not a significant number of people feels that way. A lot of white folks are intimidated by black people and if they are dressed in an intimidating manner....they become really scared....and ifs its a big black man who is not smiling....even more scared.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yeah....that is a BIG IF. The question is was the BPP member having a back and forth with the white person who was there video taping them. Did we get a chance to hear what the folks their video taping were saying? Were they aggitating the BPP looking to get a response? I watch FOX news sometimes and they will send out reporters to get into the faces of people asking them provocative questions that creates reactions that they then play back and loop on FOX news. I am not saying that this was a FOX reporter....just saying that this is a popular tactic. Someone made a good point about how they took the camera crew to Acorn with the fake Pimp and Prostitute setting the people up and then releasing the tape of the entrapment.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I think that your links establish the fact that the poll watchers knew and saw nothing since they couldn't see outside. HOwever, whoever the guy who took them down there, brought coffee and doughnuts and lunch did enter and leave and I think he was the man that was showed on Fox but then they obviously would stage anything they wanted to do. I think we need to outlaw the use of anything from TV unless it comes from ABC, NBC, or CBS since they don't seem to show the same things that Fox does.

Maybe we need to establish what a poll watcher is since only those on the inside are considered to be "poll watchers" since they move from place to place.

I always thought that poll watchers were supposed to represent their party but this woman seemed to be a Democrat and she says she represented the Republicans. I suppose that the early day reasons for appointing poll watchers must have gone by the wayside.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,730 times
Quote:
Yeah....that is a BIG IF. The question is was the BPP member having a back and forth with the white person who was there video taping them. Did we get a chance to hear what the folks their video taping were saying? Were they aggitating the BPP looking to get a response? I watch FOX news sometimes and they will send out reporters to get into the faces of people asking them provocative questions that creates reactions that they then play back and loop on FOX news. I am not saying that this was a FOX reporter....just saying that this is a popular tactic. Someone made a good point about how they took the camera crew to Acorn with the fake Pimp and Prostitute setting the people up and then releasing the tape of the entrapment.

These are very good questions - Questions that could/should have been thoroughly addressed by the DOJ in an unbiased manner. Too bad that's not the way it worked out.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
WHo are you to decide what? All I seen in the video was him having a back and forth with a camera crew that was not even there to vote.
Camera crew or a couple of students who were there to see what was happening? I guess camera crew would be anybody with a cell phone taking pictures to you.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
If these people were intimidating by their LOOKS and their LOOKS scared people.......well.....black people have EYES TOO! Is there a LOOK that is intimidating exclusively for whites? Why were not black people shaking in their boots too over army fatigues and night sticks? People keep using the terms "armed" and "weapons", as if they were like some tea party members who showed up at an OBama rally with assault rifles. These guys had a little billy club, which is not against the law and certainly all you people who are advocates of the right to bear arms are now suggesting that a person should not even be allowed to carry a stick....lol. You want the right to bear arms, as in hand guns and assult rifles, but a black guy with a stick should be arrested because he looks "dangerous"....lol. GIve me a freakin break already. You guys kill me. Again...this is simply an example of "white fear" of blacks. This is why whites have moved away from blacks for decades now. Whites fear being victimized by blacks. That is why all these white police officers end up killing black people.....FEAR and intimidation leads them to overreact. What did they say about Rodney King....he was a big black guy "growling" like an animal....which is intimidating for white guys so they tried to beat the hell out of him.
I suppose Samir Shabazz has cooled off since the second video of him spewing hatred for crackers but he still looks the same so, yes, now that we know about him the nightstick is more threatening than before. He said he hated every part of a cracker and that kind of hate would make him dangerous with a nightstick in his hands. I don't carry, or even own, a gun but I sure wouldn't mind having one handy if I met someone on the street yelling at "brothers" who were walking with "white hos". The man was completely irrational and a danger to blacks as well as whites.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:37 PM

[quote=carolac;15097779]Here is the link which shows someone called the police and the police confronting them.

Breitbart.tv » Update: Police Confront Night Stick-Wielding ‘Security’ Patrol at Philadelphia Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Meanwhile the Republicans filming the event claimed that they were afraid for their lives, yet they didn't call the police. Kind of strange.
I feel so sorry for black policemen who have to take part in things like that but that one really showed that he knew that neither of those people had any business at that place. After reading the transcript a few minutes ago in which it was determined that the Democrat poll watchers were inside with the GOP ones I find it strange that that big guy was needed outside. I believe that him being with Shabazz is reason enough to prosecute them together.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
These are very good questions - Questions that could/should have been thoroughly addressed by the DOJ in an unbiased manner. Too bad that's not the way it worked out.
I don't think that the DOJ is or should be the first stop. I think other agencies look at information to see if anything of substance is there and they pass their findings on to the DOJ. I think that these care HAS BEEN reviewed by a lower agency who conclude that there did not exist enough evidence to go forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies