Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM

87 posts, read 282,707 times

Advertisements

What is ABT? I've never heard that term before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 05:48 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
ABT-Additional Benefits through Training

They usually expect you to claim any EUC you're entitled to before you can be paid the ABT, not sure about state EB and ABT though.

Last edited by Opyelie; 07-22-2010 at 05:58 PM..

Old 07-22-2010, 05:51 PM

225 posts, read 546,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
The question posed by goyeanks57 was about eligibility for EUC Tiers (see above). All the EUC Tiers are 100% federally funded in all states -- so that has nothing to do with whether this poster will be getting Tier II or Tier III.

goyeanks57, spawn026 answered your question correctly (see reprint below).
Really, diorgirl? I actually seen the question as to whether or not if new legislation wasn't passed by the end of his tier 1 claim (which he said ends in December - passed the end of November extension bill that was just signed) would he be able to get tier 2.. If it's anything like the phase out we all just went through.. they will cut it off and only let people finish the current tier they're on .. correct? UNLESS you're in a state like NJ, which isn't 100% federally funded.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:57 PM

225 posts, read 546,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lQQkin4fulltime View Post
Depends on your state. If you're in a state that isn't 100% federally funded and as long as they're TUR is high enough, you're ok. Most states are 100% federally funded for EUC and EB so I hope you get a job by then cuz you'll be SOL if they don't extend again.

ON ANOTHER NOTE..

WHEN will OBAMA sign this bill????????????

Obama signs unemployment benefits extension, blasts Republicans - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

It said 5:15!

and I meant to say "is" not "isn't" ..

Old 07-22-2010, 06:00 PM

407 posts, read 660,986 times
I am really dismayed at some of the states.... I live in NC and a ESC spokesperson said today that it might be 2-6 weeks until they get retro claims paid... WTF???? How can they be so backwards??? I mean, EVERYONE knew this day was coming for months... WHY ARENT THE STATES READY AND WAITING??? Why havent they been working on this programming all along??? So they just have to punch in a date and run it and have it fixed?? I mean this is just incompetence!

Old 07-22-2010, 06:38 PM

87 posts, read 282,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
I am really dismayed at some of the states.... I live in NC and a ESC spokesperson said today that it might be 2-6 weeks until they get retro claims paid... WTF???? How can they be so backwards??? I mean, EVERYONE knew this day was coming for months... WHY ARENT THE STATES READY AND WAITING??? Why havent they been working on this programming all along??? So they just have to punch in a date and run it and have it fixed?? I mean this is just incompetence!
Did N.C. have you guys still filing claims after the June cut off date or did they cease?

Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 PM

77 posts, read 490,420 times
I loved Pelosi's Speech today. Very well said. about time to boot the Republicans this November. The hypocrisy is infuriating!

Pelosi Floor Speech on Extension of Unemployment Benefits -- WASHINGTON, July 22 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Old 07-22-2010, 07:06 PM

407 posts, read 660,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochran View Post
Did N.C. have you guys still filing claims after the June cut off date or did they cease?
NO! I dont know why? Since my last Tier ended a few months ago, it would not allow me to keep filig. I get the FUNDS EXHAUSED FOR THE BENEFIT YEAR- CONTACT LOCAL OFFICE Message and it wont let me start to file for Tier 3. I know Im not a genius--- but why cant NC do what so many other states can?

Old 07-22-2010, 07:24 PM

7 posts, read 9,365 times
Can someone answer my question. I hope it's not too confusing:
I used to drive a school bus and work part time in the office:
I was laid off in the office on November 3, 2008 and was given very minimum hours driving the bus
I called the unemployment office to open a claim but was told that there was a claim already opened.
(Now my question is: Will EB be available to me because I started off with an old claim, and not a brand new claim)?
(I was laid off totally in January 2009)
The weekly amount of my claim was $279. I had to file for a new claim sometime between January to March of 2009 and the weekly benefit rate changed to $266.00. My anviersary date was Feb. 21, 2010.

I am now on Tier #4 and collect $266. a week.

I am wondering if I have only 6 weeks left (tier 4) or if I have 26 weeks (Tier 4 plus EB).

So basically I am wondering if because they had me go with the OLD claim - does that prevent me from getting EB? ?
(I have not yet used EB...I am now on Tier 4)

Thanks alot

Old 07-22-2010, 08:13 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
NO! I dont know why? Since my last Tier ended a few months ago, it would not allow me to keep filig. I get the FUNDS EXHAUSED FOR THE BENEFIT YEAR- CONTACT LOCAL OFFICE Message and it wont let me start to file for Tier 3. I know Im not a genius--- but why cant NC do what so many other states can?
Was it the end of your first benefit year? Have you called to recertify?

Have you actually done as instructed and contacted your local office?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies