Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 05:41 PM

870 posts, read 1,405,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
While there are been some reassuring signs about more federal unemployment benefits to come in November -- ......I ran across two historical points that are also encouraging:.......

For those that are without benefits now (99ers), this November projection spoken about is not encouraging nor reassuring. The 99ers aren't fascinated with 'additional' benefits 4 months from now and so this projection does not elevate many (current) 99ers interest when they're (99ers) trying to figure out how to make ends meet for the following week. Congress needs to know that there are 99ers falling off the wagon NOW and Congress must do whatever it takes to make something as immediate as possible happen, not in 4 months. Each week more and more 99ers are helplessly left without options. NOW is the time for Congress to know about the urgency, 4 months would be out of touch with the problem that's mounting on a DAILY basis. Let's do what we need to do to communicate URGENCY in the halls of Congress. Many (99ers) can not make it from here to 4 months. This is too serious to get complacent and to be encouraged by help 4 months from now. That may help those that are not 99ers YET and the complacency of speaking about 4 months may come from those who are pre-99ers, but MANY (99ers) are beyond that and that has to be addressed SOONER than later. We need a TIER V, but not in 4 months. Let's make that known to whomever in Congress needs to hear it.

Last edited by South Jersey Man; 07-23-2010 at 06:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 07:44 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,977,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
LOL can you imagine the SCREAMS if they decided to do that now, but hey, you wanted it PAID FOR, right?
Exactly -- and in 1991 it didn't take seven months and numerous cloture motions to get that bill passed!

Old 07-23-2010, 08:00 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
LOL can you imagine the SCREAMS if they decided to do that now, but hey, you wanted it PAID FOR, right?
Well, Bush the Elder didn't win reelection, either. So much for being fiscally responsible - especially when it comes to helping the disadvantaged. Some things never change.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:11 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well, Bush the Elder didn't win reelection, either. So much for being fiscally responsible - especially when it comes to helping the disadvantaged. Some things never change.

ahhh yes but Clinton promised to reduce the welfare rolls..........(talking of the disadvantaged)

Old 07-24-2010, 06:50 AM

Default Many (99ers) still in desperate situation let's be aware and look beyond our corner of the yard

YouTube - Unemployment Extension Thursday July 22 2010 HR4213. Bill signed.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:58 AM

Default Senator Schumer indicates that 99ers need to be 'next'

Schumer indicates the segment that have been left out of the recent bill are the 99ers and that they are 'next'

(Video)

WENY-TV News - Local News (http://www.weny.com/News-Local.asp?ARTICLE3864=9154921 - broken link)

Last edited by South Jersey Man; 07-24-2010 at 11:08 AM..

Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 AM

7 posts, read 9,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
Why are you posting the same story under different screen names?
I can't say why but it's the only possible way that I could have posted. Now having said that, I think you can understand the reason?

Old 07-24-2010, 01:14 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,046,999 times
You can check the stats --- your posts have been read - no one has the answer to your very specific problem. Reposting won't change that.

People love to help out. Heck, they even answer 6 month old posts! Some questions are just too case specific, depend on info left out or not given or the poster is confused about themselves, and are just too darn complicated to be answered on an online forum.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:25 PM

7 posts, read 9,365 times
Thanks for the help. I really can't give the reason why I posted it. I shouldn't be typing this either, too risky.

However, someone did answer my question and I believe the asnwer to my question is YES. Yes I can qualify for EB because the deadline is sometime in December and nowhere does it state that you are disqualified if your first opened claim is an old claim. How silly would that be? Very very wouldn't it? Well I surely think it would be.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:07 AM

9 posts, read 16,455 times
I live in PA. I just exausted my teir 3 level. I do not know if I move on to teir 4 since it appears PA does have that. I do not know if I go to teir 4 or to the EB portion, or if my teir 3 will be extended. I am to confused with the website. I have not got anything in the mail yet. The call volume is to high and my call cannot be accepted right now. Anyone have any ideas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies