Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 11:29 AM

87 posts, read 282,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregster79 View Post
I live in PA. I just exausted my teir 3 level. I do not know if I move on to teir 4 since it appears PA does have that. I do not know if I go to teir 4 or to the EB portion, or if my teir 3 will be extended. I am to confused with the website. I have not got anything in the mail yet. The call volume is to high and my call cannot be accepted right now. Anyone have any ideas?
How many weeks were you in to Tier 3?

If you've exhausted all 14 weeks, then you would move on to Tier 4 now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 11:41 AM

9 posts, read 16,455 times
I filed my biweekley claim this morning. It said that the week ending July 17 my balance was reduced to zero. I have been on it since mid April. It was 14 weeks. Im just hoping since that since the balance was reduced to zero, I would be receiving a payment the week ending the 17th of July. I also claimed for the week ending the 24th of July. I do not know if I will receive money for that week. Im hoping that if I go to teir 4, I will get my normal payment in a few days. I am more in panic mode becuase my rent money is due at the end of the week. Im also hoping to have a job fianally real soon. Anyway, sorry if this is confusing. I think I may be in panic mode to much.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I filed my biweekley claim this morning. It said that the week ending July 17 my balance was reduced to zero. I have been on it since mid April. It was 14 weeks. Im just hoping since that since the balance was reduced to zero, I would be receiving a payment the week ending the 17th of July. I also claimed for the week ending the 24th of July. I do not know if I will receive money for that week. Im hoping that if I go to teir 4, I will get my normal payment in a few days. I am more in panic mode becuase my rent money is due at the end of the week. Im also hoping to have a job fianally real soon. Anyway, sorry if this is confusing. I think I may be in panic mode to much.
Well, your balance would be zero, because it sounds like you had gone from Tier 3 on to Tier 4, during the time when federal funding had been cut off. Probably what will happen is, you'll get a letter in the mail, letting you know that you have been reinstated and to keep filing.

The best you can do is just continue to file as you have been. If I were you, if I didn't see anything through by the end of this week, I'd head up to the DOL or call them and find out what's going on.

But in short, you should move on to Tier 4, if your state is triggered for Tier 4.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:17 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,977,338 times
Quote:
I live in PA. I just exausted my teir 3 level. I do not know if I move on to teir 4 since it appears PA does have that. I do not know if I go to teir 4 or to the EB portion, or if my teir 3 will be extended. I am to confused with the website. I have not got anything in the mail yet. The call volume is to high and my call cannot be accepted right now. Anyone have any ideas?
You will automatically move on to Tier IV -- which PA has triggered.

A three-month average unemployment rate of at least 8.5% is required to trigger Tier IV. PA's three-month average rate is 9.1% (April - 9.0%, May - 9.1%, June - 9.2%).

It usually takes about a week or two to receive written notification about your next Tier -- so since you just filed your last Tier III claim on the 24th, I'd give it about a week or so.

If you don't receive anything, just give your local UI office a call -- or stop by to doublecheck the status of your account.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:50 PM

407 posts, read 660,986 times
did ANYONE Get Retro pay yet? Curious as to what states did/ didnt?

I am in NC and it STILL wont let me file, I get the BENEFITS EXHAUSTED... PLEASE CALL YOUR LOCAL OFFICE B.S. message----
u would think they would have the system ready to go and just run it once the bill passed?

Old 07-25-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
did ANYONE Get Retro pay yet? Curious as to what states did/ didnt?

I am in NC and it STILL wont let me file, I get the BENEFITS EXHAUSTED... PLEASE CALL YOUR LOCAL OFFICE B.S. message----
u would think they would have the system ready to go and just run it once the bill passed?

We were told here in Ga that payments would be processed by July 30th.

I don't understand why some states didn't let people continue to certify during the lapse in the law. That's just asking for a headache once a new bill passes.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:30 PM

407 posts, read 660,986 times
Yeah, it would be nice if NC told us something... anything... all we have gotten are vague statements that say "hopefully we will get most of the claims done in the next week or so", and then another person quotes 2-6 weeks, and on and on......

Old 07-25-2010, 08:31 PM

79 posts, read 231,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochran View Post
We were told here in Ga that payments would be processed by July 30th.

I don't understand why some states didn't let people continue to certify during the lapse in the law. That's just asking for a headache once a new bill passes.
Exactly. If states like Florida let us continue certifying then it'd be a snap just to start getting the checks out, but now they have to send letters out, update their computer programs etc

Old 07-25-2010, 09:07 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
In Wisconsin everyone was told to continue to file claims. Here is a link to a truncated article that appeared in our local paper two days ago.

State rushes to process unemployment checks - JSOnline

Not included in this article is a paragraph which appeared in our local paper wherein the DOL said it is processing the claims on a schedule - i.e., regular claims Sunday, Extended Benefits Monday, the various tiers on other days of the week. I was not one of those whose benefits had expired so expect my direct deposit as usual.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:18 PM

382 posts, read 1,922,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
You will automatically move on to Tier IV -- which PA has triggered.

A three-month average unemployment rate of at least 8.5% is required to trigger Tier IV. PA's three-month average rate is 9.1% (April - 9.0%, May - 9.1%, June - 9.2%).

It usually takes about a week or two to receive written notification about your next Tier -- so since you just filed your last Tier III claim on the 24th, I'd give it about a week or so.

If you don't receive anything, just give your local UI office a call -- or stop by to doublecheck the status of your account.

Could you please tell me where you get % by months? All I found was 3 months average TUR for PA; I could not find percentages by individual months. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies