Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 04:13 PM

10 posts, read 13,837 times

Advertisements

my benefit year ended on july 27 2010 and i have reapply for a new year, but have'nt work since my first year. will i get the retro pay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 04:23 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,977,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2224u View Post
my benefit year ended on july 27 2010 and i have reapply for a new year, but have'nt work since my first year. will i get the retro pay?
I don't know what you mean by "retro pay."

You don't mention where you are collecting UI. Normally, when you reach the one-year anniversary of your benefit year, you re-certify. If you don't qualify for a new claim, you continue collecting UI benefits on your original claim.

From what you have posted, it seems that you have re-certified and that you would not be eligible for a new claim based on the fact that you have not been employed in the last year.

That means that if you were collecting UI benefits at the time you re-certified (which was just in the last week), you will resume collecting benefits on your original claim. If you have previously exhausted all the UI benefits available on your original claim, there will be no "retro pay."

Old 08-01-2010, 04:48 PM

348 posts, read 707,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
When questioned about recent comments made by Senators Schumer and Stabenow about plans to draft Tier V legislation, Senate aides are warning 99ers not to get their hopes up for extended federal unemployment benefits.

Instead, it is reported that Democratic legislators are hoping to craft bills that expand job-subsidy or job-training programs for 99ers. To facilitate passage, the lawmakers will look for offsets to make the funding for the programs deficit-neutral.

That jobs legislation would likely come after the November midterm elections -- but could come before.

What Legislation Is Coming for the 99ers? « The Washington Independent
I would have to train for 3 years just to start out where I started 20 years ago. We all are in for one hell of a terrible winter.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:02 PM

i was on my 2nd tier, just wanted to know if i qualfy for the back pay from june 2

Old 08-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
i was on my 2nd tier, just wanted to know if i qualfy for the back pay from june 2
If you were on Tier II at the time of the May 30 eligibility cut-off date, you would have continued on Tier II until you exhausted that level of benefits. If you have since exhausted Tier II, you would have been unable to go on to Tier III until the eligibility cut-off dates were extended.

Legislation recently passed did extend those dates into November 2010.

Depending upon when you exhausted Tier II, you will collect Tier III retroactively to that date.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
If you were on Tier II at the time of the May 30 eligibility cut-off date, you would have continued on Tier II until you exhausted that level of benefits. If you have since exhausted Tier II, you would have been unable to go on to Tier III until the eligibility cut-off dates were extended.

Legislation recently passed did extend those dates into November 2010.

Depending upon when you exhausted Tier II, you will collect Tier III retroactively to that date.
tier 2 expired on may 30

Old 08-02-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
tier 2 expired on may 30
Unemployment weeks run from Sunday through Saturday -- not the day you certify on the subsequent week.

So you had to have exhausted Tier II on Saturday, May 29, or on Saturday, June 5.

(1) If you exhausted Tier II on Saturday, May 29, you would have automatically started Tier III on Sunday, May 30.
(2) If you exhausted Tier II on Saturday, June 5, you would have been unable to start Tier III on Sunday, June 6.

If you are in category #2 above, you will collect Tier III retroactively to Sunday, June 6.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:55 PM

thank you

Old 08-02-2010, 11:29 PM

Default "See You In September!"

Without taking any further action on federal unemployment extensions, the House started its summer recess last Friday, and the U.S. Senate is set to leave this Friday.

The House will be in recess until September 10, with the Senate returning 2 days later on September 12.

No Unemployment Extensions for 99er

Old 08-04-2010, 05:41 PM

Default S.3706: Tier V as Proposed by Stabenow

Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) has posted on her website an outline of the bill she will propose to provide additional federal unemployment benefits for the 99ers -- 20 weeks in a Tier V.

Entitled The Americans Want to Work Act (S.3706), the bill would:
(1) Create an additional tier of benefits for those who have exhausted their unemployment insurance: 20 weeks in a Tier V, available to states with unemployment rates of at least 7.5%; this Tier of benefits would begin on the date the law in enacted, and would not be retroactive to when a person exhausted his/her last UI benefits.
(2) Extend the successful HIRE Act payroll tax exemption through the end of 2011.
(3) Double the general business tax credit to encourage businesses to hire the hardest hit Americans.

The full text of the bill is not yet available, so several details are not yet known, including:
• How Tier V (7.5% trigger) would work with Tier IV (current 8.5% three-month average unemployment rate trigger).
• How the bill would be funded (emergency spending or pay-go).
• If this bill (S.3706) would also include extensions for the eligibility cut-off dates for Tiers I, II, III, and IV past November 30, 2010 -- or whether that would be enacted separately
• What timeline Stabenow is considering for the next steps in passage of the bill.

http://stabenow.senate.gov/infocus/AmericansWanttoWork.html (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies