Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
So you weren't home schooled, yet you claim that home schooled kids are better prepared. Speaking from experience?
Exactly, why are the home-schooled afraid to admit they were home-schooled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
Quote:
So you weren't home schooled, yet you claim that home schooled kids are better prepared. Speaking from experience?
oh yes, 2 nephews and 1 niece were homeschooled and went to college on mostly scholorships. my 2 daughters were as lucky

Old 09-08-2010, 11:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
Quote:
NAACP controls the schools now? Is this the latest conspiracy theory from the University of Beck.
no its called-- forced busing-- stemming from when the civil rights movement was highjacked by AA and womens lib.
busing brings hardened criminal JD's into the schools system making it actually dangerous to teach there and sheer terror for the kids that are there to learn.
highly disruptive. many of the "incidents" go unreported, swept under the admin rug.
ever wonder why the welfare department is full of credentialed teachers here?
like welfare is a fun place to work???

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 09-08-2010 at 11:20 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 11:04 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Exactly, why are the home-schooled afraid to admit they were home-schooled.
cause the attack dogs will come after them. who needs that when being better educated is better kept to ones successful self

Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I can agree with you here .They surly dont teach them nothing. my daughter was diagnosed with their stupid learning disorder.I immediately pulled her out of public school and into private school.no stupid drugs later she has her masters in physiology and criminal justice and is working on her doctorate. parents need to take back control. without me my daughter would have been and still be on drugs because of the lazy drug em gov school system
What does the public school system have to do with whether or not your daughter received medication? Your doctor and the parent decide whether or not a child should receive medication. Were you not her parent while she was attending public school? Why did they make the decision? I am confused.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 PM

Again, there are so many Evangelicals and proponents of home-schooling yet no one can admit they were home-schooled. LOL....the ultimate irony

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
According to Ian Slater, the spokesperson for the Home School Legal Defense Association, the

"The majority of home-schoolers self-identify as evangelical Christians," said Ian Slatter, a spokesman for the Home School Legal Defense Association. "Most home-schoolers will definitely have a sort of creationist component to their home-school program."

"And for most home-school parents, a Bible-based version of the Earth's creation is exactly what they want. Federal statistics from 2007 show 83 percent of home-schooling parents want to give their children "religious or moral instruction."

How does this reflect upon the education level of many Evangelicals?

Top home-school texts dismiss Darwin - U.S. news - Education - msnbc.com
I don't even give too much weight to test score results. I would like to see long-term studies regarding how successful home-schooled kids are, 20+ years or so.

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
guess I mesond up sorry I thought as we were discussing schooling I was on topic but still in a charter school parental participation is mandatory or your child was asked to leave. I spent many nites and weekends helping even painting and doing maintenance to keep my required hours up.AHH well worth it
I commend you on doing what so many parents fail to do and that is be a part of your children's education. It looks that in your daughter's case you may have saved her future by your actions.

A great part of schooling is that children learn how to interelate with the social experience, becomeing well adjusted adults in the process. Home schooling denies this experience for most in exchange for indoctrinating the kids in the parent's belief system. This may work in a close knit, exclusive social group of like-minded individuals, but does not give the child the broader perspective needed to thrive in general society.IMO

767 posts, read 489,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
What does the public school system have to do with whether or not your daughter received medication? Your doctor and the parent decide whether or not a child should receive medication. Were you not her parent while she was attending public school? Why did they make the decision? I am confused.
Them public schools force kids to take drugs, parents don't have a say in it. They do this so the kids are easier to brainwash when they are teaching them about homosexuals, science, Communism, art, and Obama, the 4 things I hate the most in life. Argggg.

Last edited by Sid2001; 09-08-2010 at 11:29 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
cause the attack dogs will come after them. who needs that when being better educated is better kept to ones successful self
But I thought the home-schooled feel their education was better so why would they care what others think? And if the "attack dogs come after them" can't they defend themselves? After all, they were home-schooled so shouldn't they be able to defend their position?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies