Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:33 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,636,074 times

Advertisements

I wonder how a modern day All in the Family episode would deal with this garbage.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 09-16-2010 at 11:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 10:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Maybe it's that the parents were not told exactly what the field trip would entail. It sounds like a bait and switch.
And maybe they knew exactly what was going to occur.
I know many people have tremendous fear of learning and being exposed to other information; but really, information is information.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
As a parent, most want to control where their kids worship.

Do you think Muslim parents would be pleased if they went to a Christian church and worshiped Jesus Christ without their permission?
Since there's no proof of any god-thing to begin with...

Your fear-based comment has not been shown to have any credibility.
You are assuming something because that's how you want it to be.
Where's the link stating that parents were mad?

Why would anyone mind their kids being exposed to other religions? Seriously, what's the fear?
From exposure comes understanding.
Understanding defeats ignorance and fear.
Win - Win.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-17-2010 at 03:59 AM..

Old 09-16-2010, 10:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
More Islamophobia.
Aren't you the one who started a poll and thread defending a gay Saudi diplomat wanting assylum in the USA because his life was at risk? Did you call him an Islamophobe? Think not. Your hypocrisy is transparent.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:59 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Muzzies would already be murdering people if this had happened to their children.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
Left = pro-Islam and anti-Judeo-Christian. Hell of a mindset.
Interesting delusional post.
I have never seen any proof of any god thingy.
Have you?

Old 09-16-2010, 11:03 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,201,191 times
I find the fact that they took a field trip to a mosque pretty objectionable, that doesn't quite sound like it should be something a public school should be doing..

In addition, what kid WOULDN'T want to go on a field trip? there were a few field trips that I didn't really want to go on, but it was better than sitting in class and falling asleep during math time.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:29 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,863,665 times
It sounds like a Cultural Trip which is common in the Northeastern part of the US , you go places and learn about different cultures for a day. It seems that ppl are once again bringing up the childish its a left thing. You do realize that we operate differently in this region? Socially left and Financially Right as possible although corruption often ruins that. They were forced , no one is converted anyone........sheesh you ppl who bring up these silly issues need to get a life and a GF.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:49 PM

70 posts, read 40,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
It sounds like a Cultural Trip which is common in the Northeastern part of the US , you go places and learn about different cultures for a day. It seems that ppl are once again bringing up the childish its a left thing. You do realize that we operate differently in this region? Socially left and Financially Right as possible although corruption often ruins that. They were forced , no one is converted anyone........sheesh you ppl who bring up these silly issues need to get a life and a GF.
lol....thanks for the laugh. I grew up in MA and it far from being financially right.

Socially left? Helmet laws, little to no gambling, no booze on Sundays for awhile, no booze in grocery stores, illegal marijuana, no wind farms since they destroyed Teddy's view, god awful drivers who have no respect for pedestrains and bikers, and some of the biggest a-holes in the country. I guess that is considered socially left nowadays; restrictions and loss of freedoms.

Gays can get married, school officials can talk about fisting, and you go on field trips where you prayed.

I was never brought into a temple of worship for a field trip. We walked on the freedom trail in Boston, visited NYC once, and visited Old Sturbridge Village one too many times.

But...financially right..hahaha. MA is always in debt and its not called Taxachusetts for nothing. When I left, my quality of life increased. I have little to no stress, more economic freedom, and more personal freedoms. I am not the only one who has left that sate and doesn't plan to return. There is a reason MA recently lost population. And a Boston Globe poll found that those who left the state are happy with their choice.

Last edited by Moog666; 09-16-2010 at 11:59 PM..

Old 09-17-2010, 12:04 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,863,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moog666 View Post
lol....thanks for the laugh. I grew up in MA and it far from being financially right.

Socially left? Helmet laws, little to no gambling, no booze on Sundays for awhile, no booze in grocery stores, illegal marijuana, no wind farms since they destroyed Teddy's view, god awful drivers who have no respect for pedestrains and bikers, and some of the biggest a-holes in the country. I guess that is considered socially left nowadays; restrictions and loss of freedoms.

Gays can get married, school officials can talk about fisting, and you go on field trips where you prayed.

I was never brought into a temple of worship for a field trip. We walked on the freedom trail in Boston, visited NYC once, and visited Old Sturbridge Village one too many times.

But...financially right..hahaha. MA is always in debt and its not called Taxachusetts for nothing. When I left, my quality of life increased. I have little to no stress, more economic freedom, and more personal freedoms.
Like i said Corruption has ruined both parties and spending in this region. But the Social freedoms allowed this region to bond better. The Economy is actually stronger in the Northeast ,more then any other region atm. LOL , its a fast pace region , you have to be fast to live here or be left behind. As for visiting houses of Worship , alot schools due it. But you have to be invited. Ive been to Churches , Temples , a Muslim cultural center its all about learning about the different religions we live with. Its really education ,with the Muslim thing it was more of a Cultural thing than Religion. You were allowed to opt out.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:37 AM

70 posts, read 40,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Like i said Corruption has ruined both parties and spending in this region. But the Social freedoms allowed this region to bond better.
There are very little social freedoms outside of gay marriage. MA is one of the least free states; both economically and personally.

Quote:
The Economy is actually stronger in the Northeast ,more then any other region atm.
Nope. MA doesn't even break the top 10. North Dakota and Alaska have the strongest economies.
States That Boomed In Real Estate Bubble Now Lag All Other States - Special Reports - Portfolio.com (http://www.portfolio.com/special-reports/2010/07/26/states-that-boomed-in-real-estate-bubble-now-lag-all-other-states - broken link)

Again, people are leaving the state for a better life. You can have all the economic growth you want, but it doesn't matter if you are not happy. Additionally, you need to factor in the cost of living. When you do this, your dollar doesn't go as far in MA as it does elsewhere around the country. As a state, MA has one of the highest cost of livings.
Cost of Living by State

Quote:
LOL , its a fast pace region , you have to be fast to live here or be left behind.
Its not the pace, but the culture of fighting. You have to fight the people, fight the traffic, fight for parking, fight the weather, etc.

Quote:
As for visiting houses of Worship , alot schools due it. But you have to be invited. Ive been to Churches , Temples , a Muslim cultural center its all about learning about the different religions we live with. Its really education ,with the Muslim thing it was more of a Cultural thing than Religion. You were allowed to opt out.
We never went on field trips to houses of worships. There is a lot of culture in MA. There are so many more options for cultural field trips in MA than visiting houses of worship. I find that reason rather absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies