Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 02:04 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,756,094 times

Advertisements

It's pretty simple to me. Food stamps are for purchase of (hold on to your hat) .... food. If it is classified as a food item, then it is rightfully allowed. Who has the right to determine "junk-food" baked tortilla chips are less healthy than frozen pepperoni pizza that is high sodium, high fat, & nitrate-rich LOL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 02:08 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,903,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
It's pretty simple to me. Food stamps are for purchase of (hold on to your hat) .... food. If it is classified as a food item, then it is rightfully allowed. Who has the right to determine "junk-food" baked tortilla chips are less healthy than frozen pepperoni pizza that is high sodium, high fat, & nitrate-rich LOL?
The taxpayers.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:11 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
We seniors live on Tuna Surprise. We call it tuna surprise because you're surprised if you find any tuna in it. Ribbon Noodles, 1, small can of tuna, 1 can of campbells mushroom soup, 1 small can of peas. Bake at 350 for 1 hr. Sprinkle some dried bread crumbs on it 10 mins before taking it out of the oven. Feed 2 ppl for 2 days. When we have a pot luck dinner at the senior center there will be 5 different tuna surprises on the table. D)

Old 11-21-2010, 02:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
The taxpayers.
If it's anybody's place to determine what food is "healthy" and what food isn't, it's a nutritionist's, not a random group of rabid taxpayers.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordian Knot View Post
Yeah, all our parents were the Cosby's online. I'm not jealous of your uncle just feel sorry for him that he bilked millions of taxpayers out of billions to keep his insidious company afloat. Oh the irony.

I am sure he is so worried about it.

Funny how two of my threads merge together.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If it's anybody's place to determine what food is "healthy" and what food isn't, it's a nutritionist's, not a random group of rabid taxpayers.
They do that for food stamp recipients? Yeah...they sure are paying attention.

Don't you have fridges to worry about? LOL

Old 11-21-2010, 02:17 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I am sure he is so worried about it.

Funny how two of my threads merge together.
I'm not surprised. Gordian Knot just showed up and his agenda perfectly dovetails yours. Kindred spirits or joined at the hip, if you will.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:20 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,369,252 times
Quote:
I tried to rep you but I gotta spread it around.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:21 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times
Quote:
So bring in the nutritionists to decide what the FS people can and cannot buy.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:23 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
We seniors live on Tuna Surprise. We call it tuna surprise because you're surprised if you find any tuna in it. Ribbon Noodles, 1, small can of tuna, 1 can of campbells mushroom soup, 1 small can of peas. Bake at 350 for 1 hr. Sprinkle some dried bread crumbs on it 10 mins before taking it out of the oven. Feed 2 ppl for 2 days. When we have a pot luck dinner at the senior center there will be 5 different tuna surprises on the table. D)
Hey, where I come from, we do the same thing, except use elbow macaroni instead. And we put saltines on top instead of bread crumbs. It's awesome and aside from probably being high in sodium (which could be corrected by buying the low sodium version of the cream of mushroom), it's not a bad food choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies