Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 04:02 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,899,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't think you even looked at my links. Pizza is not the "bete noir" that many nutrition nazis think it is. These are all pdf, so I can't print a "snippet", but I can give you a synopsis.

Pizza Hut Pizza, 1 slice pepperoni and mushroom (1/8 of a 12" pizza):
260 calories; 110 from fat (20% of daily value), no trans fat, 7% of daily value of cholesterol, 23% of daily value of sodium, 9% daily value of carbs, 11% daily value of protein. Real trash there.

Nick "n Willy's sausage and mushroom: Similar but lower values around. Ditto the trash.

Tombstone:
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/5 pizza (130g)

Amount per Serving
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14g 22%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 640mg 27%
Total Carbohydrate 31g 10%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 5g
Protein 14g 28%
Vitamin A10%
Vitamin C0%
Calcium20%
Iron8%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 42.0% Carbs 41.3%
Protein 18.7%

Total trash, not!
Pizza = pizza. You can sit there and compare different pizza's, but they are still all pizza. I don't care if it's a veggie pizza from somewhere. It's still pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 04:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Pizza = pizza. You can sit there and compare different pizza's, but they are still all pizza. I don't care if it's a veggie pizza from somewhere. It's still pizza.
Tell me just what is wrong with it from a nutritional standpoint as an occasional meal. You can call it by another name if you think "pizza" is bad. How about "Catnip"?

Old 11-21-2010, 04:06 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Don't you live in one of the biggest, if not THE biggest nanny state in America?
Oh, I see.

Because I live in a nanny state (where I am confronted daily with the deleterious results of big government run amok) I should support more of the same?

No thanks.

Just because a large number of my fellow Californians have their collective heads up their collective ass*s doesn't mean I have to join them.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:07 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,762 times
Quote:
More power to ya if you can afford go to Pizza Hut. We still have to cook/ clean our dishes and it's much less expensive. No problem.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Oh, I see.

Because I live in a nanny state (where I am confronted daily with the deleterious results of big government run amok) I should support more of the same?

No thanks.

Just because a large number of my fellow Californians have their collective heads up their collective ass*s doesn't mean I have to join them.
Speaking of that, has the Happy Meal ban reached you yet?

Old 11-21-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
More power to ya if you can afford go to Pizza Hut. We still have to cook/ clean our dishes and it's much less expensive. No problem.
Pizza Hut does sound good right now.We may get that tonight...with OUR OWN money.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:15 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
One man's crap is another man's crème broulette. who are you to decide?
LOL tried to rep yah again but no go

It's a good thing I wasn't eating a fig newton (contraband according to some) - it'd be all over my screen.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
LOL tried to rep yah again but no go

It's a good thing I wasn't eating a fig newton (contraband according to some) - it'd be all over my screen.

Didn't you say almost the exact same thing earlier in the thread?

Old 11-21-2010, 04:17 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,762 times
Quote:
Pizza Hut does sound good right now.We may get that tonight...with OUR OWN money.
Good for you. I'm one of the fortunate ones that soon enough (Jan. 2011) will be able to work AGAIN as I had since I was fifteen. (25 years) Since I've EXPERIENCED 'hard times' I no longer have a problem with FS recipients buying whatever can be eaten. If one stays with a good discount store (Aldis is great - no frills - no neon - bag it yourself) people don't have to omit their snacks. And no one has the right to tell them they do. Fraud is a whole different wax ball.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:19 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Speaking of that, has the Happy Meal ban reached you yet?
No, and it won't.

Thankfully I live in San Diego county where our elected officials are too busy trying to do the jobs that they were elected to do, rather than play food nazi governess to the populace. Surprisingly enough, they believe that we, as parents, are intelligent enough to decide whether or not our kids can have the occasional Happy Meal without blowing up like Elvis on a PB&B binge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies