Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 01:08 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,555,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Wow, I have never seen an individual who is so ignorant as to the facts keep hanging in there and coming back with the same incorrect response. At least he's persistent....
He's not ignorant of the facts. He just chooses to ignore them since they don't support his case. He's likely a believer in that if you repeat a falsehood enough times, it becomes true. At some point he'll start to refer/link to old posts of his as proof he's right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 01:13 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,771,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
He's not ignorant of the facts. He just chooses to ignore them since they don't support his case. He's likely a believer in that if you repeat a falsehood enough times, it becomes true. At some point he'll start to refer/link to old posts of his as proof he's right.

This guy has to be a put on. No one could be that consistently wrong. he doesn't even try to pretend to bring any thing to support him.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:33 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,052,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
You just don't see! Make the rich richer so they will not set up shop in some other country because they are god like, also it will allow the middle class to feast on the scraps these demigod like humans leave behind, you know, the trickle down effect thingy. Keep in mind they are not replaceable, every other walk in life is replaceable but not these genetically superior humans and their spawns. They must be appeased.
You are my base...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn4daYJzyls

Old 10-14-2010, 06:18 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,866,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Blame goes to the guilty party... The REPUBLICANS...
Really? Let's see in 2004, when Bush was in the presidency, I had multiple job offers in a very competitive field. I will add that I enjoyed middle class life while the republicans had control and now am in complete poverty. In 2009, right after the party of food stamps gained the presidency, I lost my job and can't even find a minimum wage job.

In 2001, also during the Bush presidency, I could easily find jobs to help me pay for college. Now, during the Obama administration, my nephew looked for a year and still could not find a minimum wage job.

The party of food stamps and liberals treat us all like we are a bunch of babies who can't make decisions and need Mommy and Daddy(a.k.a the government) to take care of us. I don't want to be treated like a little baby. I just want a job and the ability to dream again.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
Really? Let's see in 2004, when Bush was in the presidency, I had multiple job offers in a very competitive field. I will add that I enjoyed middle class life while the republicans had control and now am in complete poverty. In 2009, right after the party of food stamps gained the presidency, I lost my job and can't even find a minimum wage job.

In 2001, also during the Bush presidency, I could easily find jobs to help me pay for college. Now, during the Obama administration, my nephew looked for a year and still could not find a minimum wage job.

The party of food stamps and liberals treat us all like we are a bunch of babies who can't make decisions and need Mommy and Daddy(a.k.a the government) to take care of us. I don't want to be treated like a little baby. I just want a job and the ability to dream again.
Your points are justified but pointed in the wrong direction... You've got it backwards...

Old 10-14-2010, 08:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
If that were true the mortgage meltdown would have started a lot sooner... not 8 years...
Quote:
The subprime bubble burst of 2006 was from different kinds of loans... Bush enabled the subprime frenzy by not regulating the banks... a lot of no money down loans and such... Bush put us in this mess... undeniable...
you really enjoy being wrong dont you? the mortgage meltdown didnt happen until 2008 when oil prices spiked. the reason the meltdown did not occur earlier is because people were able to flip their houses as real estate prices kept rising, thus people would buy a house, hold it for two to three years, then sell it, and roll their loan over into the new house, hold onto that for a couple years, then flip it, and roll the mortgage over again.

and again bush tried to rein in the sub prime markets several times during his administration, but the democrats blocked it every time. the community reinvestment act was signed into law by president carter in the late 70's, and given a huge push in the late 90s by clinton, and rules that would have prevented the meltdown were blocked by the democrats like barney frank, chris dodd, and barrack obama.

before you respond again, i suggest you get a real education and stop listening to the radical left wing talking points that are complete fabrications.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:59 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,745,075 times
Lets just face the facts here.
NEITHER party cares about the average American worker.

It is only a matter of personal opinion which lying party one chooses to believe over the other.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you really enjoy being wrong dont you? the mortgage meltdown didnt happen until 2008 when oil prices spiked. the reason the meltdown did not occur earlier is because people were able to flip their houses as real estate prices kept rising, thus people would buy a house, hold it for two to three years, then sell it, and roll their loan over into the new house, hold onto that for a couple years, then flip it, and roll the mortgage over again.

and again bush tried to rein in the sub prime markets several times during his administration, but the democrats blocked it every time. the community reinvestment act was signed into law by president carter in the late 70's, and given a huge push in the late 90s by clinton, and rules that would have prevented the meltdown were blocked by the democrats like barney frank, chris dodd, and barrack obama.

before you respond again, i suggest you get a real education and stop listening to the radical left wing talking points that are complete fabrications.
The mortgage meltdown wasn't started by the spike in oil prices in 2008... That only accelerated it... The housing bubble spike began 2 years earlier in 2006 when people were defaulting on those subprime loans... Bush was encouraging home ownership...

Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 AM

30,087 posts, read 18,701,618 times
Quote:
The mortgage meltdown wasn't started by the spike in oil prices in 2008... That only accelerated it... The housing bubble spike began 2 years earlier in 2006 when people were defaulting on those subprime loans... Bush was encouraging home ownership...

Wow!

Again, I think you need to read the history of the subprime mortgage meltdown.

It started with the federal mandate during the Carter administration to Fannie and Freddie and was perpetuated to the collapse. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd, both heavily financed by Freddie and Fannie, turned a blind eye to the crisis.

Perhaps those who cannot afford to own homes should not own homes. Perhaps the meddling of the feds in free markets is ill advised.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:15 AM

38,026 posts, read 22,198,300 times
Quote:
Any middle class American who defends the Republican Party is setting themselves up for a letdown and betrayal...
Once you heard Rep. Grayson seclare on the house floor, that "Republicans want you to get sick and die" then the discussion is over.

Then again, Grayson did not use the Maxist vernacular of "middle class," but we should just assume that is what he meant to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies