Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
It's all a liberal Jewish banking conspiracy for one world government, right? I have the name of a couple of Christian identity militia groups you might be interested in...
He probably ALREADY knows them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 07:04 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I can make up stories all day too, that doesn't make them true.

I don't expect Republicans or Democrats to care about me, I want them to leave me alone and do their job.
If doing their job directly affects how much taxes you pay, what kinds of laws you have to abide by and what type of governemnt that you will have it's the ultimate contradiction to say "I want them to leave me alone".

Also why would you vote for a person that doesn't care about your interest and well being?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:58 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,049,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
what infrastructure spending? health care reform was about control not health care reform and making health care costs lower. you fail on these two points. try again.
New Jersey Republican Governor rejected $3 BILLION for a new tunnel project into NYC...

Old 10-19-2010, 10:13 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Any middle class American who defends the Republican Party is setting themselves up for a letdown and betrayal...
I had to come back to this first post.

the evidence suggests that it is the democrat party that doesn’t care about me.

case in point.

I recently received notice that due to Bammers healthcare fiasco bill I can no longer use my Health Savings Account to purchase over the counter medications. The funds in this account are pre-tax in and no-tax out and must be used for medical reasons. Until Bammer and his “(un)caring democrat allies changed the law with the new healthcare fiasco bill, I could purchase my children’s OTC allergy medications via my HSA. As of Jan. 1 2011, that will no longer be the case.

The jury is in folks. LIBERALS and DEMOCRATS DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU and they have proven it by passing laws that HURT you.

Contact your congressman to get this law changed!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I had to come back to this first post.

the evidence suggests that it is the democrat party that doesn’t care about me.

case in point.

I recently received notice that due to Bammers healthcare fiasco bill I can no longer use my Health Savings Account to purchase over the counter medications. The funds in this account are pre-tax in and no-tax out and must be used for medical reasons. Until Bammer and his “(un)caring democrat allies changed the law with the new healthcare fiasco bill, I could purchase my children’s OTC allergy medications via my HSA. As of Jan. 1 2011, that will no longer be the case.

The jury is in folks. LIBERALS and DEMOCRATS DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU and they have proven it by passing laws that HURT you.

Contact your congressman to get this law changed!
The Republicans are going to raise taxes for anyone making under $250,000... As far as over the counter meds go... that's another debate...

Old 10-19-2010, 10:38 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,307,757 times
Quote:
The Republicans are going to raise taxes for anyone making under $250,000...
Ease off the MSNBC cool-aid. The Republican MINORITY in congress proposed extending the Bush tax cuts for everyone. The Democrats never let it get to a vote because about 30 Democrats were in favor of it and Pelosi knew the bill would pass. Instead, she decided not to have a vote at all so she could campaign saying that Republicans want tax cuts for the rich, blah, blah, blah.

If Republicans had a majority (Like they will in January) they would extend the Bush tax cuts for everyone.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Ease off the MSNBC cool-aid. The Republican MINORITY in congress proposed extending the Bush tax cuts for everyone. The Democrats never let it get to a vote because about 30 Democrats were in favor of it and Pelosi knew the bill would pass. Instead, she decided not to have a vote at all so she could campaign saying that Republicans want tax cuts for the rich, blah, blah, blah.

If Republicans had a majority (Like they will in January) they would extend the Bush tax cuts for everyone.
No... the Republicans WILL RAISE YOUR TAXES... Too bad there's too much FOX news Kool-Aid out there...

Republican Jobs Plan: Bigger Tax Cuts For The Rich

"The tax cuts they want to give, as usual under Republican policies, will give 62 percent of the tax cuts to the top 1 percent of Americans," Hoyer said.

"Or said another way, an average $467 tax cut to working Americans in the middle of the income levels, and to the top 1 percent earners, an average of $157,000 tax cut...

and to Goldman Sachs, $2.6 billion in tax cuts. When you analyze that, you know what is happening is...

the same old Bush policies of advantaging the wealthy at the expense of the middle income working people and tax cuts which did not, as they were advertised to, grow the economy and grow jobs. In fact, they did just the opposite."

Michael Linden, associate director for tax and budget policy at the Center for American Progress Action Fund, said the Republican proposal is "unaffordable on a level we've never seen before."

"This is almost five times bigger than Bush tax cuts were," Linden said. "It really represents a doubling down on Bush's economic agenda. Where he skewed his tax policy heavily to the rich, this would skew it even further even to the exclusion of the middle class.

"$7 trillion in additional debt and deficit over next ten years would be calamitous," Linden added. "I think it's hard to understate the radicalism of this plan."

Old 10-19-2010, 12:23 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
The banks should have been allowed to fail... there should have been a reboot of the banking system...

Republican Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson had to bail out his old company Goldman Sachs... by giving AIG $50 BILLION...
I agree 200%, and Obama missed the boat now by doing nothing,deferring to big banks again as foreclosure fraud is rampant....I voted for him hoping for a change in big business as usual...not voting now til 2012, it almost seems like whats the point?

Old 10-19-2010, 12:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
one more time, the housing bubble started building under the clinton administration in the late 90s, bush tried several times to rein in the sub prime markets, but the DEMOCRATS in congress blocked all his efforts.

the housing bubble started declining in 2006, not building. you cant even keep your facts straight.
NO, there was no housing bubble in 1997. In 1999 banks were given free reign due to de-regulation. I sold real estate in late 90's, there was not a bubble then.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I agree 200%, and Obama missed the boat now by doing nothing,deferring to big banks again as foreclosure fraud is rampant....I voted for him hoping for a change in big business as usual...not voting now til 2012, it almost seems like whats the point?
Well... the mess was started before Obama took office... This is what he inherited... Obama did not bail out the banks... Bush did...

Obama started the stimulus... two different things...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies