Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2010, 08:07 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
again, republicans DO NOT WANT TO RAISE TAXES. in fact they want the bush era tax cuts to remain in place FOR EVERYBODY. what part of that do you not understand? the democrats had a golden opportunity to put up the tax bill they wanted, which would have maintain the bush era tax cuts for all but the top 2%, AND THEY NEVER DID!!! they choose to wait until after the election to handle that piece of legislation. the republicans wanted an up or down vote on it, BUT THERE WAS NEVER A BILL WRITTEN UP TO VOTE ON. perhaps someday you will get over your hatred for republicans, and your undying love for democrats, and start to see things as they really are.
A bill was proposed by the Republicans... The Economic Freedom Act of 2010... Tax cuts for the rich while increasing taxes for the middle class... Again, I never said I was a Democrat... I have voted Republican before... but not lately... registered Independent...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 08:10 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,624 times
Quote:
again, republicans DO NOT WANT TO RAISE TAXES. in fact they want the bush era tax cuts to remain in place FOR EVERYBODY. what part of that do you not understand? the democrats had a golden opportunity to put up the tax bill they wanted, which would have maintain the bush era tax cuts for all but the top 2%, AND THEY NEVER DID!!! they choose to wait until after the election to handle that piece of legislation. the republicans wanted an up or down vote on it, BUT THERE WAS NEVER A BILL WRITTEN UP TO VOTE ON. perhaps someday you will get over your hatred for republicans, and your undying love for democrats, and start to see things as they really are.
Perhaps YOU will do the same with the hate you carry for democrats.

If you can't see that BOTH parties are responsible for the mess this country is in then why even debate?
What do republicans wish to do to change this mess?
Cut all social programs which effect the poorest in this country & then call them names like deadbeats or lazy bums.
The answers have to lie somewhere in between & Everybody should have to bear burdens.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
A bill was proposed by the Republicans... The Economic Freedom Act of 2010... Tax cuts for the rich while increasing taxes for the middle class... Again, I never said I was a Democrat... I have voted Republican before... but not lately... registered Independent...
you may be a registered independent, but you are a lefty. you just dont want to admit that you are biased in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Perhaps YOU will do the same with the hate you carry for democrats.

If you can't see that BOTH parties are responsible for the mess this country is in then why even debate?
What do republicans wish to do to change this mess?
Cut all social programs which effect the poorest in this country & then call them names like deadbeats or lazy bums.
The answers have to lie somewhere in between & Everybody should have to bear burdens.
you apparently dont read the things i have written in the past on this very forum. i recognize the fact that the bush era spending was too high, but i also recognize that the obama era spending is TRIPLE the bush era spending. it took the bush administration 8 years and two ways to push the national debt to $10.5 trillion, but it took the obama adminstration 20 months to push the national debt to $13.7 trillion. and you are going to tell me that somehow the democrats are being fiscally responsible??

republicans want to cut spending, and regulations, and let business grow this country out of our economic issues. the democrats want to collapse the system and replace it. we cannot sustain the spending that obama and the democrats want to do.

by the way, i dont hate democrats, i gave up hating people years ago, but i do hate the policies they put forth that do nothing but waste huge amounts of money, and then make the claim that somehow the economy is turning around when it isnt.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
you may be a registered independent, but you are a lefty. you just dont want to admit that you are biased in that direction.
I don't have to admit anything... I'm not left or right... I'm calling out the Republican Party which has become the elitist party... There's no denying it...

Old 10-22-2010, 08:21 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,378 times
Oh, yes, another thread from liberals, who despise anything about the American majority, claiming that Republicans don't care for Americans.

Yawn.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I don't have to admit anything... I'm not left or right... I'm calling out the Republican Party which has become the elitist party... There's no denying it...
the republican party has become the elitist party, and doesnt care about the people? then why is it that two of the last three republican president cut taxes for EVERYONE? and why is it that clinton and carter raised taxes on everyone that had a job? and obamas health care law is going to raise taxes next year on everyone?

Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
the republican party has become the elitist party, and doesnt care about the people? then why is it that two of the last three republican president cut taxes for EVERYONE? and why is it that clinton and carter raised taxes on everyone that had a job? and obamas health care law is going to raise taxes next year on everyone?
The Reagan and Clinton taxes actually grew the economy during the 80's and 90's... I'm not for raising taxes... but tax cuts create deficits...

Old 10-22-2010, 08:33 PM

What was the famous quote from George H. W. Bush?... "Read My Lips... No New Taxes"... He ultimately had to renege...

Old 10-22-2010, 08:33 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,536 times
Here, I think this is what you are looking for.

Find a Nanny - Nannies | Nanny Services | Nanny Jobs | Nanny Agency

Old 10-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
The Reagan and Clinton taxes actually grew the economy during the 80's and 90's... I'm not for raising taxes... but tax cuts create deficits...
Quote:
What was the famous quote from George H. W. Bush?... "Read My Lips... No New Taxes"... He ultimately had to renege...
tax cut do not create deficits, spending does. reagan cut taxes, clinton raised them. as for bush his pledge of no new taxes got him elected, but when he raised taxes the people did not forget and cut him loose after one term. clinton was promising a middle income tax cut, but then turned around said that we could not afford it when he raised taxes. had the dotcom bubble not appeared when it did, and saved clintons backside, revenues would have gone down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies