Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 07:20 PM

565 posts, read 486,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Pit bulls are animal aggressive.
Not human aggressive.

They where bred to be human friendly.

Dogfighters back in the day didn't want their dogs biting them in the middle of a fight.

You can get right up to their faces during a fight.

They where bred NOT to bite humans.
This is wishful thinking. The minute it will attack someone, there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop him, absolutely nothing. I have been in one of those situations. You just have no idea.
To me a Pitbull is a loaded gun. I would not tolerate one in my environment if I had kids, even if I had pets. There are some risks you don’t take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 07:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Why don't some of you just inform yourselves by googling APTB. Use the preface AKC or whatever.

Hopefully you'll see the folly in using genetics as some sort of precursor for abolishing something living (absolutely appalling).

Old 11-11-2010, 07:33 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
A mother described as very loving killed her children....so should we ban mothers too because I think that would cause a problem.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:38 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
I am no huge fan, nor defender of the breed. However, I can assure you that there are dog attacks every day of the week and for some reason, it is only stories of pitbulls that make it into print.

I wonder why that is.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-11-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
it is only stories of pitbulls that make it into print.

I wonder why that is.
You don't get it. If your dog is a German Shepherd, would he attack someone, he does not lose all senses, Pitbulls do. I repeat myself, if something happen there is nothing you can do. Nothing will make them open their jaws. They will fight to death. People just have no idea of what it can be. This is not a game. What will you say the day your dog destroys someone's life. "I am sorry".

Last edited by henrjam; 11-11-2010 at 08:05 PM..

Old 11-11-2010, 08:02 PM

There's not a on/off switch that pitbulls lose control of. They're very protective of the "pack" and its property. The fact that humans manipulate that says more about humans than it does about the pitbull.

They're loyal, smart and very obedient. They're not prone to random attacks that end fatally and require children to be involved.

Mircea's post was dead on point in spelling out how they think and what happens in the thought process of a PB.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:04 PM

The loyalty of a PB is like equating a loyal spouse who you abuse. In that abuse you prostitute them out for your own gain, monetarily or otherwise.

Do you blame the spouse because they were loyal or the manipulator who used them for their own gain?

Old 11-11-2010, 08:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
You don't get it. If your dog is a German Shepherd, would he attack someone, he does not loose all senses, Pitbulls do. I repeat myself, if something happen there is nothing you can do. Nothing will make them open their jaws. They will fight to death. People just have no idea of what it can be. This is not a game. What will you say the day your dog destroys someone's life. "I am sorry".
No, I totally understand what you are saying. I know that they are "different" in that they are tenacious beyond all understanding. I KNOW there is nothing you can do. I am just saying that other types of dogs do kill and maim people and for whatever reason you never hear about it.

I used to do insurance inspections and one day I met up with a VERY, VERY large pitbull who was standing in the doorway of a kitchen. The owner of the dog cautioned me to "not move" or make any quick actions. There was something in that dog's face - in her eyes - that I will NEVER forget. I would not have been more afraid if I had been staring down the barrel of a .45. The dog had a look I cannot describe other than I could see that it wanted to hurt me. It was not growling, or acting ferocious in any way. Not aggressive, not threatening. It just looked at me and I was terrified.

Believe me. Know exactly what you mean.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-11-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
There's not a on/off switch that pitbulls lose control of. They're very protective of the "pack" and its property. The fact that humans manipulate that says more about humans than it does about the pitbull.

They're loyal, smart and very obedient. They're not prone to random attacks that end fatally and require children to be involved.

Mircea's post was dead on point in spelling out how they think and what happens in the thought process of a PB.
Most Europeans countries are banning PB. There might be some reasons.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:13 PM

Because they're utterly incompetent? I'm willing to go with that in light of their political turmoils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies