Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 08:44 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Did you even bother to read the story in the link? SHE is NOT dressing him as a girl. HE is choosing those things for HIMSELF. The parents have simply decided there is nothing 'wrong' with it and are not therefore forcing him into boys clothes that he obviously doesn't care for.
how old is this kid 4 or 5? come on so because HE wants to do something we shouldnt stifle jrs little emotions we should encourage everything he does because its bad to explain to him what is right and what is wrong. that is what is wrong with the youth today let them do whatever they want and dont teach them right from wrong cause you'll hurt their individualism. such BS! so i suppose if your 5 yr old wants to tear wings off of flys, or abuse animals or stay up all night watch whatever, say whatever he wants basically do whatever he wants we should encourage and embrace it not teach him. such crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Apparently this NEVER occured to you>>>>> Transgender - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IF the boy is transgendered than he needs support NOT ridicule from Adults who should know better and get educated when they don't understand and/or have a clue about what they are talking about. The "mind" is a terrible thing to waste!.
he doesnt know if hes transgendered! holy @#@$! you people dont understand is that kids do not understand what that even means! he needs to be taught and this is something no one has done teach the boy right from wrong dont encourage!

Old 11-09-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
My point is he shouldn't be hassled for wearing a dress in school. Why should I be ridiculed and shamed if I decided to go out tomorrow morning, buy a dress, and then wear it the rest of the week? If that's who I was, why should have to closet that aspect of my individuality and personality?

I understand the practical situation. Much of our country is close-minded and intolerant and teaches its kids to be the same. I understand those kids will isolate and bully kids like this boy because he's different. I also think trying to suppress the nature of a "different" child is much worse in the long run than letting him express it - even if it does lead to some degree of isolation and bullying by others. I went into depth in post 111 if you care to read more of my thoughts on this particular aspect of the issue.

//www.city-data.com/forum/16580656-post111.html
please if you want to make a spectacle of yourselve thats your problem your grown but its not fair for this women to subject this boy just because shes too stupid or lazy to teach him right from wrong. i think she wants to money the media is giving her. there is nothing normal about a boy wearing a dress and believe me if your boyfriend or husband starts fighting you for your latest dress you just bought theres a problem. i would think most women would want her man to be a man not another version of their bff

Old 11-09-2010, 09:08 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
how old is this kid 4 or 5? come on so because HE wants to do something we shouldnt stifle jrs little emotions we should encourage everything he does because its bad to explain to him what is right and what is wrong. that is what is wrong with the youth today let them do whatever they want and dont teach them right from wrong cause you'll hurt their individualism. such BS! so i suppose if your 5 yr old wants to tear wings off of flys, or abuse animals or stay up all night watch whatever, say whatever he wants basically do whatever he wants we should encourage and embrace it not teach him. such crap
Your analogies are such BS. Tell me, if you can, just who or what is harmed by allowing a 5-year-old to wear clothes he finds comfortable and 'pretty'? Or even a 10-year-old or older? Who does it harm? and how does it harm them?

Old 11-09-2010, 09:17 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Your analogies are such BS. Tell me, if you can, just who or what is harmed by allowing a 5-year-old to wear clothes he finds comfortable and 'pretty'? Or even a 10-year-old or older? Who does it harm? and how does it harm them?
They COULD end up like Julie Annie.

DownWithTyranny!: McCAIN PLAYS THE CROSS DRESSER CARD ON GIULIANI

Old 11-09-2010, 09:20 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Exactly! In fact I'm going to work tomorrow in a *** costume. Why? Because I want to express my Yakness. Who is anyone to criticize me for this?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:24 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
come on so because HE wants to do something we shouldnt stifle jrs little emotions we should encourage everything he does because its bad to explain to him what is right and what is wrong.
Of course we shouldn't allow kids to do "everything" they want. We should stop and discourage them from destructive, anti-social, sociopathic, selfish, and just general bad behavior.

We should, however, absolutely accept and encourage expressions of self. The other option - to repress - is incredibly harmful and destructive. It leads to internalized shame and self-hatred and sets your child up for a slew of potential problems.

I can't think of a more positive and beautiful message to send a child than one of love and acceptance for who he or she is. I can't think of a more negative and damaging message to send a child than one saying he or she is wrong and incorrect and needs to suppress who he or she is.

Quote:
its not fair for this women to subject this boy just because shes too stupid or lazy to teach him right from wrong.
I don't share you bias that what he's doing is wrong. Can you please explain to my why it is wrong? (I've asked like 8 different posters in this thread that question, and not 1 has even attempted to answer it).

Quote:
there is nothing normal about a boy wearing a dress
I've never understood some people's need to equate normalcy to correctness. Normal does not mean good, correct, or right and abnormal does not mean bad, incorrect, or wrong. Conforming to the norm is not the only correct or right way to exist.

If close-minded, intolerant, preachy, judgmental people like you weren't constantly demonizing natural differences in people and teaching your kids to do the same, we'd see a few more princess boys (and tomboys, and eccentrics, and artistic kids) proudly expressing themselves instead of closeting that aspect of their personalities. I think that would be fantastic

Differences enrich our human existence. I don't know why people like you are so threatened by and fear them so much as to actually try and suppress them from society. It truly mystifies ms.

Quote:
that is what is wrong with the youth today let them do whatever they want and dont teach them right from wrong cause you'll hurt their individualism. such BS! so i suppose if your 5 yr old wants to tear wings off of flys, or abuse animals or stay up all night watch whatever, say whatever he wants basically do whatever he wants we should encourage and embrace it not teach him. such crap
Why the need for false comparisons? There have now been analogies comparing letting this boy choose to wear pretty clothing (pink things, purple things, dresses) to attempting to fly by jumping off the roof of his house, eating a diet entirely of junk food, torturing animals, and setting his own bedtime and TV watching schedule. If anything is crap, it's these outright stupid analogies.

Quote:
i think she wants to money the media is giving her.
We've debated her intentions to death. I very much disagree with you. She self-published a book in order to put it in her son's school. She was invited onto a local talk program to discuss it and accepted the invitation. A clip of that interview went viral (beyond her control), and she's now the subject of much debate. Her agenda to encourage a message of love and acceptance (for her son and for all "different" kid). I don't find her using the platform she was handed automatically makes her some media-hungry, money-grubbing *****.

Quote:
and believe me if your boyfriend or husband starts fighting you for your latest dress you just bought theres a problem. i would think most women would want her man to be a man not another version of their bff
There are millions of men who crossdress (most are heterosexual men, fewer are gay men, and even fewer are transexuals). Some women don't care if their husband or boyfriend crossdresses, and some even like that eccentricity. Hell, I linked to several books women have written about their crossdressing husbands in an earlier post.

I'll keep on making this point - just because something is the predominate way doesn't make a different way wrong or any less of a valid choice.

Last edited by hammertime33; 11-09-2010 at 10:51 AM..

Old 11-09-2010, 11:03 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
please if you want to make a spectacle of yourselve thats your problem your grown but its not fair for this women to subject this boy just because shes too stupid or lazy to teach him right from wrong. i think she wants to money the media is giving her. there is nothing normal about a boy wearing a dress and believe me if your boyfriend or husband starts fighting you for your latest dress you just bought theres a problem. i would think most women would want her man to be a man not another version of their bff
Isn’t it sad that a parent would subject their child to ridicule by encouraging him to dress as a girl? No small child just decides he wants to start wearing dresses unless someone put it in his head.

If a grown man puts on a dress and goes out in public he knows what to expect but a small innocent child does not, the emotional shock when he’s confronted on a daily basis could devastate him.

I’m surprised at the men who think little boy’s should dress like girls I would have never thought it.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:52 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
[quote]
Quote:
I don't share you bias that what he's doing is wrong. Can you please explain to my why it is wrong? (I've asked like 8 different posters in this thread that question, and not 1 has even attempted to answer it).
You haven't been able to explain, adequately, why what he's doing is right. Expressing himself is not a good enough reason to allow a young boy to go through life dressed in girl's clothing.

Quote:
Why the need for false comparisons? There have now been analogies comparing letting this boy choose to wear pretty clothing (pink things, purple things, dresses) to attempting to fly by jumping off the roof of his house, eating a diet entirely of junk food, torturing animals, and setting his own bedtime and TV watching schedule. If anything is crap, it's these outright stupid analogies.
They are stupid to you and to probably less than 1% of the population. To the more than 99% of the human race these analogies, well most of them anyway, make sense because they are differences between right and wrong.

Quote:
There are millions of men who crossdress (most are heterosexual men, fewer are gay men, and even fewer are transexuals). Some women don't care if their husband or boyfriend crossdresses, and some even like that eccentricity. Hell, I linked to several books women have written about their crossdressing husbands in an earlier post.

I'll keep on making this point - just because something is the predominate way doesn't make a different way wrong or any less of a valid choice.
This little boy is going to suffer exponentially greater harm both physically and emotionally at the hands of his peers than he ever would have being forced to adhere to a gender appropriate dress code.
When he is an adult let him make the change. Millions of transvestites have apparently done just fine going that route.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:14 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
The only thing this post shows is that you didn't read the article or watch the interview. Perhaps you should do so before you "contribute".
I did read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies