Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 06:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Chupy View Post
I'll give my two cents here. i live in small town Canada and we have few blacks but many Indians(native Indians). There exists a huge racial double standard. Natives have a very open hostility and distaste towards whites, despite the fact that their lives are heavily subsidized. We give them everything! Indians have the most opportunities but they don't use them at all, and yet whites are not hostile towards them. All factors considered it's astounding they are as tolerant as they are.
Wow. You give them everything. Considering you're dwelling on stolen land, it's the least you can do.

That's like me breaking into your home, taking your stash of money, clothes and food and ladling it out to you and your family in a piecemeal fashion as I see fit.

Last edited by Lucario; 11-12-2010 at 07:11 PM..

Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 PM

10 posts, read 11,966 times
[quote=Dr.Chupy;16633097]I'll give my two cents here. i live in small town Canada and we have few blacks but many Indians(native Indians). There exists a huge racial double standard. Natives have a very open hostility and distaste towards whites, despite the fact that their lives are heavily subsidized. We give them everything! Indians have the most opportunities but they don't use them at all, and yet whites are not hostile towards them. All factors considered it's astounding they are as tolerant as they are.

Okay I don't know where in Canada you are from, I am from Toronto, and I can tell you Canadian First Nations are not heavily subsidized. We took thier land, put their kids into residential schools where they were abused, discriminated against their language and beliefs and discriminated against them in the work force. The treatment of First Nations is one of Canada's great shames, along with Japanese internment during the war, the chinese head tax and treatment of the railway workers, and our contributions to the African Slave trade to name a few.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:08 PM

My city has 99% black ghettos, 99% Spanish ghettos and probably a white ghetto I haven't found yet. I've been here less than three weeks. But I can tell you I don't see any other white people on foot in those black and Spanish ghettos, and very very few driving through those areas of town. So yeah, most ghettos are predominantly confined to one race, or to people who sympathize and lead the same cultural lifestyle as that race, like the so-called wiggers.

By definition, minority culture is different than the mainstream culture.

I have asked you numerous times to stop cursing. I will have no problem flagging you for doing so from here on out. It has nothing to do with desperation, I have held my ground on this post and many others when black people refuse to stop whining about how they're the lesser race. Ya know what? How's this? If you want to whine about how you're discriminated against and how you're owed something, maybe you are a lesser race since you can't hold your own in life. Obviously you perceive something wrong with yourself and/or other blacks if you can't just say that you're not a part of the "bad blacks" and just let it go. If it has nothing to do with you, then why are you fighting tooth and nail for whites to stop believing the truth about the poor black community?[/quote]

What? Are you for real? I cannot believe what people are willing to say when they think they are anonymous. Do you really belive that racist drivel? Black people are a lesser race? I dare say Obama has accomplished more through sheer intelligence and hard work in his life than most white families will in several generations. Oh yea, I am white and don't think I am inferior or superior. People's skills and abilities aren't race based. However, systemic discrimination can result in generations of poverty due to inequality in access to resources and support. I was just plain lucky to be born into a fmilay that had education and money enough to allow me to pursue a PhD which has given my own children a security that others aren't lucky to be born into. My kids aren't anymore gifted or hardworking than other people, but they are lucky to have everything they needs and most of what they want to.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Former slaves were NOT given free food and housing. The share cropping system for Southern Black Americans was basically economic slavery. These people PAID rent on land they have to PAY for food, clothing, seed, mules, plows and any other implement they needed. If they could not pay for these things they were forced to go into debt, further assuring that they could not be economically free. The money they earned for whatever crops they harvested was strictly controlled by White land owners. The system was specifically set up to stop the economic advancement of Black Americans.

The share cropping system, a persistent and organized campaign of domestic terrorism, voter intimidation, segregation, housing and business loan discrimination and an entire political, social and economic system dedicated to keeping Black Americans subservient is what drove many Black Americans out of the South. To deny this is to deny history and it also insults your intelligence.

Oh and by the way I lived in Texas for over 20 years I been to Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Birmingham, Mobile, Jackson, Memphis, Little Rock, Shreveport, Monroe, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbia, Charlotte, Richmond, Norfolk and numerous smaller towns. The South is still segregated as hell. It's so ingrained in the culture of some places people literally don't know of any other way to live. In fact a couple of years ago Morgan Freeman did a documentary about a small town Mississippi where they still held segregated senior proms. He actually put up the money to have the local high school’s first integrated prom. SOME WHITE AMERICANS STILL WANTED AND IN FACT HAD A WHITE ONLY SENIOR PROM.

The share cropping systems was a joke. The centralised sharecropping found on cotton plantations was really a continuation of slavery under the guise of emancipation.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:33 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Everybody with a brain knows that women are discriminated against in the job world. Thanks for broadening our minds on that doozy.

And maybe, just maybe, those "other" white people you speak of actually aren't qualified. I'm talking about minorities who are trying to attain these jobs AT THIS MINUTE who are not getting the jobs for x number of reasons, one of which likely being job discrimination. Does it amaze you that minorities can be looked over for being minorities when gays can and are being fired for being gay in some states? Seriously?
What exactly does discrimination against gays have to do with the topic of this thread? or are you saying now that discrimation against gays is racist?

Seriously?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:52 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,762,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
What exactly does discrimination against gays have to do with the topic of this thread? or are you saying now that discrimation against gays is racist?

Seriously?

... I'm going to pretend you didn't just make this comment.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:00 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,314 times
Quote:
You are incapable of reading.

Do poor American white people have to deal with institutionalized racism that's designed to keep them poor? NO. Do poor white people get discriminated against? YES. Do they get discriminated against even remotely to the same extent that blacks as a whole do? NO. When did I speak of handouts once? Again, this is you doing the talking... you're bringing your own prejudices into the discussion. Do you think all poor black people take handouts and are on welfare? Newsflash: NO.

And no, I'm referring to this part of the sentence:

"You have a problem with your own kind who decide to get out of the ghetto and make something of themselves."

Do you see it now???
There is absolutely no conspiracy designed to keep black people poor. The very idea is crazy at best, and a poor excuse for personal failure related to an individual's shortcomings and poor decision making at worst.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:14 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadarocks View Post
I am white but also Canadian so maybe that changes things but I can tell you that in our country the one thing we have proven is that companies run exclusively by white people are not as successfull as those that have a more diverse group of leaders. (And you only have to compare Bush with Obama to know that white people are not more qualified and thus our "cultural commonsense knoweldge" is more about power than accuracy.
Wow you're comparing Bush, ONE man, to Obama, another SINGLE person? Bus is not representative of the White race, and neither is Obama representative of the Black race. They are both singular people But hey, with your logic, we can be good and successful like Zimbabwe is after all, a black guy is running the country and he's running it good, because he's black

Quote:
... I'm going to pretend you didn't just make this comment.
Obama caught your tongue?

Old 11-12-2010, 08:17 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:

And no, I'm referring to this part of the sentence:

"You have a problem with your own kind who decide to get out of the ghetto and make something of themselves."

Do you see it now???
What are you talking about??? What is wrong with that statement?

Old 11-12-2010, 08:24 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadarocks View Post

What? Are you for real? I cannot believe what people are willing to say when they think they are anonymous. Do you really belive that racist drivel? Black people are a lesser race? I dare say Obama has accomplished more through sheer intelligence and hard work in his life than most white families will in several generations. Oh yea, I am white and don't think I am inferior or superior. People's skills and abilities aren't race based. However, systemic discrimination can result in generations of poverty due to inequality in access to resources and support. I was just plain lucky to be born into a fmilay that had education and money enough to allow me to pursue a PhD which has given my own children a security that others aren't lucky to be born into. My kids aren't anymore gifted or hardworking than other people, but they are lucky to have everything they needs and most of what they want to.
No, I do not believe that, I was being facetious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies