Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:48 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You are well aware that causes of death are listed as physiological causes, such as cardiac failure, or cardiomyopathy, which would be secondary to steroid use, that is why you are pushing the point. Nice attempt at a "gotcha", but please don't bother. If you want to use steroids, then feel free, but to delude yourself that there are no serious side-effects is, well, it's deady-delusional.
I'm still waiting for your statistics in regards to the calims you made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There is not a drug in this world that can make you smarter.
Well, I do know certain chemicals can help increase your cognitive capabilities.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:55 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Oh, do I need to find ANOTHER drug that KILLED thousands of people? Will you say that was an "accident" too?

So what about the Gardasil vaccine, is that another "accident"?

Records Document 3,589 Adverse Reactions Related to Gardasil between May 2009 and September 2010, Including 213 Cases Resulting in Permanent Disability

Judicial Watch Uncovers FDA Records Detailing 16 New Deaths Tied to Gardasil | Judicial Watch

Judicial Watch Investigates Side-Effects of HPV Vaccine | Judicial Watch

RE: Gardasil:

CDC - Health Concerns Following HPV - Vaccine Safety

As of September 30, 2010, there have been 56 U.S. reports of death among females who have received Gardasil. Thirty of these reports have been confirmed and 26 remain unconfirmed due to no identifiable patient information in the report such as a name and contact information to confirm the report. Confirmed reports are those that scientists have followed up on and have verified the claim. In the 30 reports confirmed, there was no unusual pattern or clustering to the deaths that would suggest that they were caused by the vaccine.

Mod note: government site

Quote:
Well, I do know certain chemicals can help increase your cognitive capabilities.
Do tell.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Quote:
That is not the point. If you you want to go around making claims that steroids are dangerous, and that the usage of steroids has killed many people, you should post information to support your claim regardless if people want to read it or not. Otherwise, just let us know that your information is nothing more than theory and conjecture.
Does steroids have to kill someone to be bad? So if it leads to cardiomyopathies, infertility, cirrhosis, diabetes, adrenal insufficiency, chronic pancreatitis, Cushings syndrome, mood instability, polycythemia, and osteoporosis...that's okay?

Ever heard of quality of life?

Furthermore, when a person dies of heart failure secondary to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, it's not going to be listed as the person dying due to anabolic steroids. We really have no idea how many deaths are attributed to chronic steroid use. If an anabolic steroid user dies of hepatoangiosarcoma (liver cancer), the CDC is not going to list that death as a result of steroids. There is a difference between steroid related deaths and death as a direct result of steroid use as in the young athletes who died of sudden cardiopulomary failure due to anabolic steroid use.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:06 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Furthermore, when a person dies of heart failure secondary to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, it's not going to be listed as the person dying due to anabolic steroids. We really have no idea how many deaths are attributed to chronic steroid use. If an anabolic steroid user dies of hepatoangiosarcoma (liver cancer), the CDC is not going to list that death as a result of steroids. There is a difference between steroid related deaths and death as a direct result of steroid use as in the young athletes who died of sudden cardiopulomary failure due to anabolic steroid use.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say, but you are more eloquent!

Old 11-14-2010, 11:07 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Quote:
Oh, do I need to find ANOTHER drug that KILLED thousands of people? Will you say that was an "accident" too?

So what about the Gardasil vaccine, is that another "accident"?

Records Document 3,589 Adverse Reactions Related to Gardasil between May 2009 and September 2010, Including 213 Cases Resulting in Permanent Disability

Judicial Watch Uncovers FDA Records Detailing 16 New Deaths Tied to Gardasil | Judicial Watch

Judicial Watch Investigates Side-Effects of HPV Vaccine | Judicial Watch
Well considering your source is "Judicial Watch" I think I will take those statistics with a grain of salt considering Katiana trumped your stats with evidence from a reputable source...the CDC. Here it is again

"As of September 30, 2010, there have been 56 U.S. reports of death among females who have received Gardasil. Thirty of these reports have been confirmed and 26 remain unconfirmed due to no identifiable patient information in the report such as a name and contact information to confirm the report. Confirmed reports are those that scientists have followed up on and have verified the claim. In the 30 reports confirmed, there was no unusual pattern or clustering to the deaths that would suggest that they were caused by the vaccine."

Old 11-14-2010, 01:39 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,794,529 times
Quote:
You do realize that everyone's body has the same physiological processes. We all require oxygen to breathe. You don't breathe underwater do you? You still require food and oxygen to survive correct? Are you really that ignorant to think someone's body doesn't convert testosterone to estrogen when that is a basic human physiological function? Seriously talk about an assinine argument!

Yes, but it doesn't change the fact that nicotine increases vasoconstriction and leads to hypertension. That even happened in your grandma whether or not she suffered consequences from it. That is a fact in all humans. It doesn't change the fact that smoking increases one's risk of developing lung cancer and a host of other diseases, that doesn't mean someone is for sure going to contract that disease but you can't know that in advance because "you know your body" Your body is not going to tell you now whether you will develop pulmonary fibrosis or lung cancer later

Where did you learn this....at GNC or from one of your friends in the weight room? You think you can just conveniently take some pills that will offset this. Seriously, you need to see a endocrinologist before it's too late because you've received a lot of bad advice.

How long have you been doing it...5 years? How old are you 29? Talk to me when you are 60

Really, so you saw their lipid profiles? Did you come to this conclusion based on them not having the words "liver damage" written on their forehead? Do you know their glucose levels? I've seen patients on chronic steroid use develop pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer let alone diabetes, cirrhosis and cardiomyopathies.
I'm 38 years old and why you continue to argue my point is beyond me, I said steroids are dangerous but I tell you what, I'll find 15 guys between the ages of 65 and 70 and we'll cycle steroids and HGH for 16 out of 24 weeks and you can have 15 guys ages 18-24 and you can stack Big Macs with french fries and any other fast food crap that fat asses eat today and after the approx 6 months my guys will be better, stronger, faster, with more libido than they had in years and will never have boobies, lets compare cholestorol as well. Your guys will be fat out of shape slobs on their way to having heart attacks. Typical. Game over jackass, no matter what you say, how ignorant and demeaning your attacks might be I still win. I'll out live you, sorry. Here endeth the lesson.

Last edited by James420; 11-14-2010 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: f

Old 11-14-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Does steroids have to kill someone to be bad? So if it leads to cardiomyopathies, infertility, cirrhosis, diabetes, adrenal insufficiency, chronic pancreatitis, Cushings syndrome, mood instability, polycythemia, and osteoporosis...that's okay?

Ever heard of quality of life?

Azriverfan, being that you're such a big fan of western medicine, you have some nerve to tell me about quality of life.

Have you ever seen what cancer patients have to endure as they go through treatments.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do tell.

Katina, that's not the point of this thread. Look it up if you want to know. But I know you already know, being that you are familiar with health care, so why are you even asking me?

Old 11-14-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I'm 38 years old and why you continue to argue my point is beyond me, I said steroids are dangerous but I tell you what, I'll find 15 guys between the ages of 65 and 70 and we'll cycle steroids and HGH for 16 out of 24 weeks and you can have 15 guys ages 18-24 and you can stack Big Macs with french fries and any other fast food crap that fat asses eat today and after the approx 6 months my guys will be better, stronger, faster, with more libido than they had in years and will never have boobies, lets compare cholestorol as well. Your guys will be fat out of shape slobs on their way to having heart attacks. Typical. Game over jackass, no matter what you say, how ignorant and demeaning your attacks might be I still win. I'll out live you, sorry. Here endeth the lesson.
To me HGH is such a waste of money. The real stuff will cost you about 30k a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies