Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 04:34 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Oh brother. First off lots of AIDs patients are taking steroids without the connsent fo their physician because most of the time their physician will not allow them or encourage them to take steroids. At not at the dose or level that really makes an AIDs patient reap the benefits of steroid use. Most infectious disease doctors have no clue as to the amount of steroid use and their practical use as far as building muscle is concerned. So you are with a straight face going to say that once a person is diagnosed with AIDS they don't live beyond 1-2 years? That is absolute nonsense and you know it. People are living longer with AIDS not just HIV than ever before.

And MANY guys are not prone to gynocomastia. In fact it's fairly rare among people that use moderate doses of steroids, even androgenic steroids. It's based on the individuals response. Plus that's what anti-estrogens are for. And nobody take steroids for 1-2 days. See you have absolutely no clue about how these drugs or used let alone what actual side effects most people are seeing.
+1

I wonder if he even knows what the difference is between a androgenic steroid, and a anabolic steroid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 04:36 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,746 times
The bottomline to this ENTIRE debate is that it's NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS least of all a doctor's or any government bureaucrat what a grown up adult does with his or her body. That's the point. We've got bureaucrats telling us what to eat, what to smoke, dictating every aspect of our lives. America imprisons more people than any nation on the planet. The medical community needs to worry more about the rise of cancer and other things than something as trivial as steroid use. I'm done with this topic as these arguments get nowhere. People's minds are already made up with bad science and lack of knowledge.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Every post of yours is filled with steroid hysteria and absolutely zero facts or medical studies backing them up. You know what the incidence is of liver cancer in steroid users? PRACTICALL NILL! There isn't a definitive correlation at all. Yes methylated steroids are hard on your liver. They can cause hepatic peliosis etc. But that does not mean steroids cause or lead to liver cancer. And many steroid users especially middle aged men don't even use oral steroids they use injectable testosterone. Come on doc you know how first pass drug metabolism works. You are being intellectually dishonest. Many bodybuilders that have died over the years it has been a result of their addiction to pain medications or recreational drugs. Case in point........Tom Prince was an IFBB pro that needed a kidney transplant. His cause of kidney failure? ABUSING ADVIL AND PAIN KILLERS! In fat NSAIDS are harder on your kidneys than steroids.

You probably can't even name ONE professional bodybuilder who's died of steroids. Lyle Alzado died of brain cancer. Are you going to tell me steroids cause brain cancer? Lyle was a closet homosexual who died of all the hallmarks of someone with AIDS> Bet you never knew that did you "doc"?
100% agree.^^

Old 11-14-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
The bottomline to this ENTIRE debate is that it's NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS least of all a doctor's or any government bureaucrat what a grown up adult does with his or her body. That's the point. We've got bureaucrats telling us what to eat, what to smoke, dictating every aspect of our lives. America imprisons more people than any nation on the planet. The medical community needs to worry more about the rise of cancer and other things than something as trivial as steroid use. I'm done with this topic as these arguments get nowhere. People's minds are already made up with bad science and lack of knowledge.
****Post of the year****

Old 11-14-2010, 04:42 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
I honestly could care less what adults do. But this does impact everyone as more and more teens are being encouraged to use steroids to improve performance. It is more often than not done without the knowledge/consent of parents, and I am not okay with that. There is always fall-out with this type of behavior, and the impact on teen sport is a direct result.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I truly have no clue what you're talking about. Here is a description of caffeine's effect on the body:

Caffeine: MedlinePlus

It has many effects on the body's metabolism, including stimulating the central nervous system. This can make you more alert and give you a boost of energy.

Note it does not say "increase intelligence".

I had never heard of nootropics until you posted the term today. Upon researching, I have heard of some of these drugs. Mostly they are used for Alzheimers Disease, Parkinson's and ADD.

Nootropic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These drugs have a variety of human enhancement applications as well, and are marketed heavily on the internet. Nevertheless, intense marketing may not correlate with efficacy; while scientific studies support some of the claimed benefits, it is worth noting that many of the claims attributed to most nootropics have not been formally tested.

I took smart drugs for about 12 years.

Got myself 10 U.S. utility patents during that time.

People have told me that that was cheating.

I've been off smart drugs for 5 years now.

I got nuthin' going on now.

All's I got to show for it now is a big pot brain.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I honestly could care less what adults do. But this does impact everyone as more and more teens are being encouraged to use steroids to improve performance. It is more often than not done without the knowledge/consent of parents, and I am not okay with that. There is always fall-out with this type of behavior, and the impact on teen sport is a direct result.
Well you're right anabolic steroids have no business in sports. And yes until the rules are changed they are a form of cheating. But what does any of that have to do with the legalities of anabolic steroids and the misinformation that surrounds them? You don't deny a majority of adults alcohol because of the binge drinking behavior of teenagers do you? Moreover, parents should be A LOT more worried about the alcoholic culture that is running rampant among youth in the USA. The point is American needs to get over it's paternalistic attitude towards everything. Kids need to be informed about the risks regarding steroid use. Just like the risks of alcohol, promiscuous sex etc. Are you saying because teenagers are going to go out and have unprotected sex risking STDs that you would deny us adults the right to have unprotected sex? I highly doubt it. And therein lies the problem with the ENTIRE steroid debate. You don't throw out the baby with the bath water or let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Liberty is liberty regardless of the potentia for other human beings to abuse that liberty. No one is saying steroids should be out and out legal as if you can walk into Walmart and buy them. But they most definitely should be decrminalized and doctors should not be shunned upon or black balled if some 35 year old white collar or working class family man wants a little boost in the gym or in his sex life.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
STD's/STI's is a bigger issue. 1 out of every 4 women, and 1 out of every 5 men are walking around with herpes.

Young kids are catching herpes at younger and younger ages because sexual promiscuity is on the rise, and marriage is being taken up at later ages if not at all.

Many young men and women are catching this virus after the FIRST time they had sex and they are upset because NOBODY TOLD THEM!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:04 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
Have you seen the people who use steroids? It's like it literally rots away their brain cells. They have that eerie 1,000 yard stare from the brain damage. Plus they look super weird.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Have you seen the people who use steroids? It's like it literally rots away their brain cells. They have that eerie 1,000 yard stare from the brain damage. Plus they look super weird.
Really, I only thought that happened to drug users.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies