Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 01:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Now you're just making numbers up. Ignoring that there is just as much fraud going on with private insurance, Medicare fraud is only about $60B a year.
You were making figures up as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 01:54 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You were making figures up as well...
No. I wasn't.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you are mistaken. I am in health care. You have no idea what you are talking about.
no I'm not.. the HCFA established EDI standards decades ago which moved into the FHCPS system.. the Federal Health Claims Processing System..

Old 11-16-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
No. I wasn't.
Then back them up...
Quote:
The issue is not how profitable they are. The issue is that they add too much cost to the system. About 16 cents of every health care dollar is accounted for by the incremental administrative costs of private health insurance companies.

That's almost about $400 billion wasted dollars a year.

You can treat a lot of diabetics for $400 billion.
Btw, the governent NOW contracts out these services to private industries because they know private industries do a much better job and cheaper than the government ever could. if you were truly in the healthcare industry, you would know this..

Here is one such RFP sent out to private industries to provide Medicare payments on behalf of the government.
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...6c15d&_cview=0

Old 11-16-2010, 01:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
no I'm not.. the HCFA established EDI standards decades ago which moved into the FHCPS system.. the Federal Health Claims Processing System..
Which has nothing to do with private insurance claims.

Let no irony go unsmelted.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
PGH, you can't argue with these people. No matter what the topic is, they are ALWAYS right. It's part of the mental disorder that elitists share and pass around to each other. The one lie that they like to repeat over and over again is, if you don't have insurance you will die or go bankrupt. That is such a lie it is funny. Go to ANY inner city trauma center and see how many UNINSURED and BROKE people are getting surgery and other treatments for life threatening bullet wounds. I also experienced this. I slipped on some ice and got knocked out. I woke up in the hospital going through a CAT scan machine and other tests. The bill was almost 10k. I didn't have any insurance or any money. I got treated and the bill payed under charity care. They even came to my house so I could fill out the paper work.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:06 PM

996 posts, read 1,056,905 times
Quote:
Now you're just making numbers up. Ignoring that there is just as much fraud going on with private insurance, Medicare fraud is only about $60B a year.
Wanna bet?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Which has nothing to do with private insurance claims.

Let no irony go unsmelted.
here are the federal standards setup that all insurance companies must comply with
http://aspe.hhs.gov/admnsimp/final/txfinal.pdf

§ 162.1102 Standards for health care
claims or equivalent encounter information.
The Secretary adopts the following
standards for the health care claims or

§ 162.1602 Standards for health care
payment and remittance advice.

etc..
There have been federal standards for a VERY long time.. its what helped make Ross Perot a billionaire..

Old 11-16-2010, 02:10 PM

277 posts, read 228,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I mean seriously folks, WHAT? I have had to fight my corporate insurance that I PAY for, doctors have had to refile my corporate insurance that I PAY for. Why are there so many Republicans, Tea Partiers and Conservatives against nationalized healthcare insurance, and yet we never hear them defend their private for-profit corporate health insurance - WHY IS THAT

What's so great about private health insurance? - Los Angeles Times

'...The firms take billions of dollars out of the U.S. healthcare wallet as profits, while imposing enormous administrative costs on doctors, hospitals, employers and patients. They've introduced complexity into the system at every level. Your doctor has to fight them to get approval for the treatment he or she thinks is best for you. Your hospital has to fight them for approval for every day you're laid up. Then they have to fight them to get their bills paid, and you do too....'
no different than government care

I have to fight the government all the time just for basic services

at least with the private companies I had choices

Old 11-16-2010, 02:13 PM

For example, here is Texas asking for private insurance companies to bid on medical insurace
Request for Proposal for Comprehensive Healthcare Program for Foster Care RFP # 529-06-0293 (http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/Contract/529060293/rfp_home.html - broken link)

Very few governments NOW manage healthcare for the citizens.. Its why you seen lobbiests increase under Obama for healthcare costs because they know dam well that if the government is managing healthcare, that these will then get contracted out to private businesses..

if you think a UHC will get rid of for profit corporations you are smoking dope...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies