Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:09 AM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Really. So you obviously know that the terrorists got through the security on 9-11 with just box cutters...and you want to go back to that exact same security process. And you think this will be safe for American passengers?
That wasn't some random event, it was known ahead of time something big was about to go down and it could have been stopped. There are more important things to worry about then men in turbans coming to get you. The real terrorism to be concerned about is of the financial kind and is ongoing here in the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 12:25 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Unfortunately racial profiling is not occuring at airports which is why the TSA is goosing little old ladies while young middle eastern males walk through security with no extra scutiny.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:35 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Pre 9-11 is fine with me. I'm thinking there isn't a whole lot of benefit for a terrorist to "terrorize" me on random flights and have more chance of being hurt in a car accident. Crazy people can blow folks up anywhere, not just on airplanes. I can't even imagine what we would do in the name of security if a couple restaurants got bombed or something. It's just silly to worry about it this much and our returns are diminishing with each passing day on this airport stuff. Someone, somewhere, is making a fortune though.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:39 AM

537 posts, read 1,035,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Unfortunately racial profiling is not occuring at airports which is why the TSA is goosing little old ladies while young middle eastern males walk through security with no extra scutiny.
Sadly this is true, what we should be doing is what El Al does and it's not so much racial profiling as passenger profiling. Asking passengers where they are going, reason for their trip, occupation, etc combined with noticing clear red alerts such as cash one way tickets would go a long way to increasing safety.

And of course it's about a billion times more likely an exchange student from Yemen is going to bomb a plae than a 90 year old grandmother from Des Moines, so these passengers which set off any alert from the above profiling should get the special treatment.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:00 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well if they pull you out of line then you have no choice.
You can't even say NO and return your ticket if you read about that other guy. He refused, returned his ticket and the TSA still plans to sue him for $10K. They pulled him out of line for their "special search".

YOU HAVE NO CHOICE..they pull you out of line..then you have no right to refuse.
I could be charged with assault...and I would be.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:11 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Everyone who flies now is seeing the results of the push to have the government keep them "safe" post-9/11.

All those who supported the so-called "Patriot Act" and keep asking what freedoms have been lost should be the strongest supporters of flying naked.

You reap what you sow.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:14 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,845,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
I'll use the scanner.

Can you use a word more inflammatory than grope? Becuase that word doesn't incite people enough.
How about "molest" or "sexually assault?"

Old 11-17-2010, 05:25 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Living in a free and open society will always come with risks. You can't protect your kids from the world in which they grow up in as many parents try to do nowadays. Government cannot protect the population from every threat either or we will find ourselves living in a police state. We have already traded enough liberty for the sake of "safety". Enough is enough.

And people think 9/11 was just 14 crazy muslim hijackers with box cutters taking over airplanes and flying them into buildings because they hate the way we live. LMAO! Either way the terrorists are winning. We are creating our own "house arrest" scenario if you will. Oh and it just so happens that two of the most expensive, largest government bureaucracies grew out of the events of 9/11.........TSA and Dept. of Homeland Security...........Oh whats' that I hear........the southern border is still wide open and one of the most dangerous places in the world? Pathetic.......America is such a joke nowadays because its people are clueless idiots. Look at all the morons in the other thread praising one of the worst Presidents the world has ever seen...........and look at all the morons who voted in what will become the second worst President the world has ever seen.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 AM

465 posts, read 463,873 times
I'm definitely not a racist person at all.

But if the terrorists are Muslems, we should profile Muslems for searches.

Johnny Smith. The blonde kid from Tennesse is probably not interested in terrorism..... It's basically a compete waste of time, resources and money to search people like him. The fact that we are searching every John, Jack and Jill for terrorism purposes is absolutely ludicrous. Let's focus on people who actually come from terrorist nations.

As for drug trafficking, I don't care. People can move drugs around as much as they want. As far as i'm concerned drugs shouldn't be illegal at all anyway. Some guy with a kilo of cocaine taped to his testicles on the same flight as me isn't gonna bother me.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:46 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
I'm definitely not a racist person at all.

But if the terrorists are Muslems, we should profile Muslems for searches.

Johnny Smith. The blonde kid from Tennesse is probably not interested in terrorism..... The fact that we are searching every John, Jack and Jill for terrorism purposes is absolutely ludicrous. Let's focus on people who actually come from terrorist nations.

As for drug trafficking, I don't care. People can move drugs around as much as they want. As far as i'm concerned drugs shouldn't be illegal at all anyway. Some guy with a kilo of cocaine taped to his testicles on the same flight as me isn't gonna bother me.

Yeah give it a few decades and that blonde kid from TN will be labeled a terrorist because he has a Ron Paul or End The Fed sticker on his pick up truck. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I'm not a racist I guess but I think we should profile every hispanic that lives on the border of AZ, TX and CA!!!!!! Why should hispanics be treated any differently than muslims? So a few muslims down a plane and kill a few hundred people. Hispanic gangs like MS-13 are killing more people than that every year. Illegal hispanics/mexicans kill more people than that every few months. In the past 30 years illegals have caused as much destruction and loss of life as any terrorist right? SEE MY POINT? It creates a slippery slope. You don't profile one group of people and not the other. That's called hypocrisy. There is no profiling in a true free and open society. You want the the freedom to go about your business as an American.....you take the risks. Maybe we should all be more worried about the havoc and wars we wage on the world and how others view us and our foreign policy than whether or not some ******* in sandals at the airport has a bomb underneath his dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies