Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 07:53 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times

Advertisements

I mean, wouldn't it be funny if they planted a drug lookalike in your baggage?

TSA workers pulled drug prank twice with air passengers | Philadelphia Daily News | 11/04/2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 07:26 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times
Default What would you do if this happened to you at the Airport?

Pilots, passengers, parents rail at new pat downs - Travel - News - msnbc.com

I think that we have become a nation of sheeple who never argue or protest when our rights are being trampled upon by an increasingly obtrusive Federal government. If they do this to me, I will protest loudly and defend my right to be free of harassment as a citizen of this pitiful country. Would any of you do the same or join in some sort of protest against this treatment?

Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

I think that we have become a nation of sheeple who never argue or protest when our rights are being trampled upon by an increasingly obtrusive Federal government. If they do this to me, I will protest loudly and defend my right to be free of harassment as a citizen of this pitiful country. Would any of you do the same or join in some sort of protest against this treatment?
Keep the citizens scared. Rule numero uno in keeping their minds off important matters such as their family's well being. The rich elite in this country just love what they can get away with when the middle class is distracted with "National Security".

Old 11-11-2010, 07:37 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
I don't like it either and get very irritated by it when I fly, which is often. However, we are on federally regulated airlines, and TSA is accountable for maintaining security, so there is a fine line. I would prefer to be patted down than take a bus or drive so I do it.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Keep the citizens scared. Rule numero uno in keeping their minds off important matters such as their family's well being. The rich elite in this country just love what they can get away with when the middle class is distracted with "National Security".
I was hoping that Obama would at least rid of us that ridiculous "color warning" system that they invented after 9-11 "the color for the day is now YELLOW"- who cares? The airport experience now feels like scenes from "1984" or "V for Vendetta". I mostly drive when I can just to avoid the crappy treatment that we receive at the airports. The 9-11 terrorists have WON. We are the least FREE that we have ever been in this country.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:41 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times
I think those who are considering changing jobs or not flying should be writing hotel chains, travel agents, theme parks and airlines snail mail letters (businesses ALWAYS read snail mail letters) explaining personally that they may not take that vacation or will take a shorter one because they do not plan to fly. Make it a handwritten or at least personal letter to a person. Let them see the stack of letter pile up and this will be even more impressive than the phone calls or emails.

An 8 year old will NOT understand that its not okay for anyone to touch them but if its a tsa agent its okay. If they do then mom and dad didn't get through. This is utterly uncalled for.

We are becoming sheeple who will go baaaa for the call of Danger Will Robinson and yet I think they may have discovered some things may go too far. Or at least I hope.

All I know is that I will be getting my train ticket WAY early for the spring trip I plan since I assume the train will be full. No way would I submit to either.

And I like that someone else says that at this point maybe the terrorists won. Because they have and if we let this slip by they have solidified their victory even more.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I think those who are considering changing jobs or not flying should be writing hotel chains, travel agents, theme parks and airlines snail mail letters (businesses ALWAYS read snail mail letters) explaining personally that they may not take that vacation or will take a shorter one because they do not plan to fly. Make it a handwritten or at least personal letter to a person. Let them see the stack of letter pile up and this will be even more impressive than the phone calls or emails.

An 8 year old will NOT understand that its not okay for anyone to touch them but if its a tsa agent its okay. If they do then mom and dad didn't get through. This is utterly uncalled for.

We are becoming sheeple who will go baaaa for the call of Danger Will Robinson and yet I think they may have discovered some things may go too far. Or at least I hope.

All I know is that I will be getting my train ticket WAY early for the spring trip I plan since I assume the train will be full. No way would I submit to either.

And I like that someone else says that at this point maybe the terrorists won. Because if we let this slip by they have.
Great point on the 8 year old. That's a problem based in the security reaction and also in political correctness.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
What is the goal of terrorism ?
Yes, terrorism IS winning in America.

Here's one snippet that has proven true here in America with our intensified screenings:

"designed to have far-reaching psychological repercussions beyond the immediate victim or target"

Terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope Amtrak gets a big boost from this. They could use the money.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

I strip down naked as the day I was brought into this world and then proceed to put my clothes back on.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbow View Post
i strip down naked as the day i was brought into this world and then proceed to put my clothes back on.
lol. :0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies