Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, and you should want the government to do every last damn thing it can to keep items and people with intent to harm us off of our planes and out of our country - and preferably to kill them wherever they are. Those same guys who failed in this bombing attempt will learn from their failures and they will try again. And these people have resources and connections; maybe soon it might be a nuclear device they're working with instead of an explosive-laden toner cartridge. Why are you in favor of increasing the weaknesses and gaps in our defenses that they will try to exploit?
Hey..if you think Joe Rent-A-Cop groping your genitals will save this country then "May the Force be with you" is all I can say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 12:06 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,645 times
I just wanted to say that I had the opportunity to see how the imaging machine works. If you chose to opt out, they will pat you down. The pat down is a lot worse. They use the back of their hands for your privates, but feel ALL the way up your legs. On the flip side, the control room is away from the TSA screener, and the operator never sees the passengers. The image isnt even that bad. I would personally take the image machine over the pat down. I hope this helps.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:22 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
I just wanted to say that I had the opportunity to see how the imaging machine works. If you chose to opt out, they will pat you down. The pat down is a lot worse. They use the back of their hands for your privates, but feel ALL the way up your legs. On the flip side, the control room is away from the TSA screener, and the operator never sees the passengers. The image isnt even that bad. I would personally take the image machine over the pat down. I hope this helps.
You are wrong. They now use the palms of their hands to grab, lift, and shift your genitals or breast to probe those areas at their leisure.
National Opt-Out Day

Watch the videos in the above link.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Pilots, passengers, parents rail at new pat downs - Travel - News - msnbc.com

I think that we have become a nation of sheeple who never argue or protest when our rights are being trampled upon by an increasingly obtrusive Federal government. If they do this to me, I will protest loudly and defend my right to be free of harassment as a citizen of this pitiful country. Would any of you do the same or join in some sort of protest against this treatment?

You probably have two choices:

1. protest/resist/raise a ruckus and remain grounded

2. submit to the inspection and proceed with the flights you've paid for

This nation has been fed a steady diet of fear for the past decade. The public (and government) is unlikely to wean itself anytime soon.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, and you should want the government to do every last damn thing it can to keep items and people with intent to harm us off of our planes and out of our country - and preferably to kill them wherever they are. Those same guys who failed in this bombing attempt will learn from their failures and they will try again. And these people have resources and connections; maybe soon it might be a nuclear device they're working with instead of an explosive-laden toner cartridge. Why are you in favor of increasing the weaknesses and gaps in our defenses that they will try to exploit?
Well then, how about some common sense when it comes to screening passengers? Granny and her grandkids should not be harassed, intimidated and groped by TSA workers.

But there is a profile on file of the people who are intent on bringing planes down and attacking this country.

Unfortunately, the Left has made sure we can't identify those people through their PC BS.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:30 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
If you don't like living in a "pitiful country," you're free to leave.
I agree with you completely. Someone should come up with an official list of pitiful countries, so at least people who want to leave the United States don't wind up someplace even worse!

Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
LOL, you don't happen to work for the TSA do you? If only a small percentage of passengers chose to opt out, it would bring the air transportation system to a grinding halt. Only some type of organized resistance is going to get rid of the useless security theater that we have been subjected to.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well then, how about some common sense when it comes to screening passengers? Granny and her grandkids should not be harassed, intimidated and groped by TSA workers.

But there is a profile on file of the people who are intent on bringing planes down and attacking this country.

Unfortunately, the Left has made sure we can't identify those people through their PC BS.
Are you really naive enough to think that terrorists won't change tactics and begin using the elderly and children to get past security?

Also, what profile are you talking about? Most of the recent incidents have not involved people that would fit some type of anti Arab, anti Muslim profile. Statements that we have to use some type of profiling in order to be secure are based more on bigotry than fact.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:58 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,201,780 times
I love how some posters are using the outrage at our country's submission to terrorism to suppress our rights as a vehicle to argue for the suppression of others rights, and that they don't see how this also is a submission to terrorism.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:59 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,404 times
I find the following article rather distubing because it is advising Muslim women to refuse the full-body scans and to tell the "pat-down" thugs that they may only pat around the head and neck. First of all, it is because of Muslim extremists that we have all this "security" in the first place. But then to tell Muslim women that they are exempt from having the intrusive pat downs that the rest of us will be subjected to is just plain ridiculous. My suggestion is to install booths at airports that each of us would pass through and if you are hiding explosives, it will detonate them. That way, only the "baddies" will be affected and it will make another seat available on a crowded flight. It is cheaper (no team of TSA thugs required), much fairer, and certainly faster. How can it be wrong...?

Muslim Group Advises Women Wearing Hijabs to Allow TSA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies