Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 06:42 AM

711 posts, read 1,144,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What does the Democratic Party offer to black voters?
No political party should cater to the needs of any particular race over another, because it is always at the expense of members of a different race. By offering special favors based on race, that is automatically creating a more racist atmosphere, because that action by its very nature creates separation and resentment.

So what does the Republican & Democratic party have to offer blacks an other minorities voters? The same thing it offers white voters...there are no special favors that they push for any race.

Both major parties have pulled the wool over EVERYBODY's eyes for many years. It's all political BS games with these folks and they don't give a damn about any of us. The only folks that are making this anything about race are the idiots in Washington and the main stream media. It is time to stop categorizing by race. We are all Americans--white, black, brown, etc.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,937,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde81 View Post
No political party should cater to the needs of any particular race over another, because it is always at the expense of members of a different race. By offering special favors based on race, that is automatically creating a more racist atmosphere, because that action by its very nature creates separation and resentment.
Both major parties have pulled the wool over EVERYBODY's eyes for many years. It's all political BS games with these folks and they don't give a damn about any of us. The only folks that are making this anything about race are the idiots in Washington and the main stream media. It is time to stop categorizing by race. We are all Americans--white, black, brown, etc.
Clyde I like your philosophy, but there are (small) differences in the parties right now. Both are beholden to big money for their survival. They both fear big money when they should fear the people! That's key, who does government fear?
In the smaller countries of Europe the governments actually fear the people! This is the way it should be.
But I said there are small differences in our two parties:
The Democrats are highly corporate-owned.
The Republicans are TOTALLY corporate-owned.
Keep this small fact in mind whenever you hear a media soundbite by our politicians. It's not race any longer, it's Money!
The liberal philosophy has always been that racism is abhorrent, even to the exclusion of profit.
The "pragmatic" conservative philosophy is that, as G. Bush said, "money trumps peace" which I take to mean it trumps just about anything.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:50 AM

711 posts, read 1,144,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Clyde I like your philosophy, but there are (small) differences in the parties right now. Both are beholden to big money for their survival. They both fear big money when they should fear the people! That's key, who does government fear?
In the smaller countries of Europe the governments actually fear the people! This is the way it should be.
But I said there are small differences in our two parties:
The Democrats are highly corporate-owned.
The Republicans are TOTALLY corporate-owned.
Keep this small fact in mind whenever you hear a media soundbite by our politicians. It's not race any longer, it's Money!
The liberal philosophy has always been that racism is abhorrent, even to the exclusion of profit.
The "pragmatic" conservative philosophy is that, as G. Bush said, "money trumps peace" which I take to mean it trumps just about anything.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:27 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times
I vote dem(sometimes) because they have minority outreach and representation in the government then republicans. republicans, up until recently, have had no interest in minority outreach. only when they saw the changing demos they realized they couldn't win with just whites anymore, which is why you saw the hip republican efffort and latino outreach now with jeb bush.

they could get by with whites in the past, which is why whites like oz in sc defend the party, since hes a republican. doesn't work in 2012, so they are attempting to open up the tent now *****.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:22 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,937,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
I vote dem(sometimes) because they have minority outreach and representation in the government then republicans. republicans, up until recently, have had no interest in minority outreach. only when they saw the changing demos they realized they couldn't win with just whites anymore, which is why you saw the hip republican efffort and latino outreach now with jeb bush.
they could get by with whites in the past, which is why whites like oz in sc defend the party, since hes a republican. doesn't work in 2012, so they are attempting to open up the tent now *****.
I was unaware of this "latino outreach" but it makes sense in states with growing latino populations. Same here in Michigan with a growing population of hispanic workers who settle in the area. This is why many in the city of Holland were shocked when it went to Obama. West Michigan is big time fruit and vegetable picking with the hispanic worker class settling in and expanding. They don't like democrats here but they like the cheap labor! What goes around....

Old 12-28-2010, 07:15 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
I was unaware of this "latino outreach" but it makes sense in states with growing latino populations. Same here in Michigan with a growing population of hispanic workers who settle in the area. This is why many in the city of Holland were shocked when it went to Obama. West Michigan is big time fruit and vegetable picking with the hispanic worker class settling in and expanding. They don't like democrats here but they like the cheap labor! What goes around....
Holland is still hardcore Republican? Even after what happened to one of my old clients, Lifesavers?

Old 12-28-2010, 07:24 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Why do minorities vote Democrat...Dems have a history of supporting slavery

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Did democrats support slavery?

Yes, very actively before and during the Civil War. After the war of course there was no slavery to support, but the Dixiecrats were solidly against equal rights for former slaves.

Moderator cut: Copyright violation -- please post a link and a "snippet" ONLY, per the Terms of Service.
Weren't all these people primarily "Christians"? So using your logic and using this laughable quantification fallacy of "proof by example", in which examples are offered as inductive proof for a universal proposition. ("This cat is black, therefore all cats are black.")

When you say it this way it doesn't sound nearly as good to you does it, but it is as equally true as your assumption.

Did you borrow Glenn Becks "Six degrees of insanity" chalk board that can show how peanut butter is the future of global energy and also can be used to kill by targeting specific genes among Arab people?

Old 12-28-2010, 07:25 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times
Quote:
I don't think its reaching out to "Latino's". Its more reaching out to illegals.
There are Latino Republicans as well as Democrats.
Democrats bend over backwards for illegals

Old 12-28-2010, 07:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I don't think its reaching out to "Latino's". Its more reaching out to illegals.
There are Latino Republicans as well as Democrats.
Democrats bend over backwards for illegals
Hey...lemme whisper something in your ear! Ready? ILLEGALS CAN'T VOTE! NO NEED TO REACH OUT TO THEM!

Got it?

Old 12-28-2010, 09:56 AM

560 posts, read 1,715,696 times
Half of my background is from a minority group, and both sides of my family traditionally vote Democrat... yet I vote Republican. I live a fairly conservative lifestyle, but I don't really give a damn about the Republican Party's conservative values. I vote Republican because I agree with them in principle fiscally and because I detest the Democratic Party's "special" treatment for minorities.

As I see it, it's pretty simple... If everyone is equal, then the notion of differentiating between races, even if your intentions are admirable, is wrong. Hurting someone or helping someone based on race IS racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies