Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 07:47 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I even changed my status!!!
Mine honors the OPs description of me!
Sister!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:48 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Mine honors the OPs description of me!
Sister!!!
Good one!!!!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:05 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,510,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post

Like hell it doesn't. Addictionologists are telling people to go to AA. And I mean MDs who specialize in addiction. And whether alcoholISM is a disease or not is quite open to debate. According to AAers: your disease is out in the parking lot doing pushups. According to the AMA: It is. According to others like Stanton Peele: It's not.

You think YOU'RE tired of it? I was only thrown into my first AA meeting 34 years ago. Tell ME about being tired of it. Of course, according to AA mythology, I should be either jailed, institutionalized or dead, right? And I am none of the above. If anything, I have just mellowed over the years.

My only "problem" is dealing with misinformed people such as yourself who don't have the history and knowledge I do with the subject matter at hand.
AA doesn't tell those people to not do research and send folks to AA. If they choose to do that it is their business. The MD is free to do all the research he/she wants. AA is not stopping them. Anyone that says differently is a big fat liar.

Wrong again. AA does not say you will be jailed, institutionalized or dead. NA does. And you call me misinformed. LOLs.

Good day miss.

P.S. AA says they know only but a little. And that they could be wrong on some things. So all this nonsense your spout about AA acting like they say they are the only answer and stop other people from finding a solution to alcoholism is just plain ignorant.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:11 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,510,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
That 5% cannot be confirmed or denied.
And if my area is any indication, about 50% of those who I got sober with are still sober.
The 50% number is true of the people I got sober with also. And my home group has 30 members. 16 of them never took another drink after their first meeting.

I think the success rate is closer to 50% than all these numbers I always hear. And the 50% that don't stay sober after meeting one? About 25% of them end up getting sober after a few relapses.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:27 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
AA doesn't tell those people to not do research and send folks to AA. If they choose to do that it is their business. The MD is free to do all the research he/she wants. AA is not stopping them. Anyone that says differently is a big fat liar.

Wrong again. AA does not say you will be jailed, institutionalized or dead. NA does. And you call me misinformed. LOLs.

Good day miss.

P.S. AA says they know only but a little. And that they could be wrong on some things. So all this nonsense your spout about AA acting like they say they are the only answer and stop other people from finding a solution to alcoholism is just plain ignorant.
Good informative post.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:07 AM

5,342 posts, read 4,432,624 times
It's about time to close this thread.

When one posts so much personal information about their life they must be ready for others to comment on that info. People are different. Their experiences are different. What works for one may, or may not, work for others.

Please, posters, if you are not willing to discuss matters in a non-confrontational way, skip the thread.

Again, I point to my signature. Read it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies