Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
<snip>
You think YOU'RE tired of it? I was only thrown into my first AA meeting 34 years ago. Tell ME about being tired of it. Of course, according to AA mythology, I should be either jailed, institutionalized or dead, right? And I am none of the above. If anything, I have just mellowed over the years.
The highlighted point says everything.

What your post says to me is that you're an unrecovered alcoholic/addict.
People don't get forced into a recovery program by mistake.
From your posts, don't discount institutions!

Knock yourself out, spend all the money that you want.

I'll stay clean/sober from what I've learned in AA, for free.

Last edited by chielgirl; 01-29-2011 at 06:35 PM..

Old 01-29-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Typical misty...knows everything about everything and no one but misty can decide what's best for other people.

If you're such an authority, misty, why is your life such an obvious mess?

For the others...since misty thankfully has me on ignore...is it the truth that AA is often used in conjunction with other therapies?

And isn't it also helpful when an alcoholic is trying to establish a social life other than the one they had when they were drinking? My friend who has been sober for a long time told me that that was one of the best things about AA...social interaction was important to her and it wasn't possible for her to hang out with her old crowd.
Well, I use therapy here and there when I have issues I can't deal with by myself, like how to get from here to there in my life. I don't and won't see an "addictions" counselor, or anyone who has a lot of addicts as clients. My problem is living, not alcohol/drugs.

I was such a party girl that I started my recovery in NA because it was much more social, once I felt comfortable in my sobriety, I moved over to AA.

I do move around the world with my job every now and then. It's nice to move into a new continent, country, town and have a support group to start out with. I find sober people with whom I share interests in much less time than most people. It's really very convenient.

Now, I hardly ever go, but know that there's always a meeting somewhere if I need one.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:34 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

If you know anything about 34 years ago, I think you'll agree they didn't know much. 'Nuff said.

Look, I am happy that you found something that works for you so well.

My mission is to spread the word and to hopefully do something for those in need who do NOT fit into the square pegs of AA. Also, I am passionate about adddiction science and what can come of it. I really am.

I'd rather spend all the money in China (or tea in China) on meds than to sit through those dreary hour meetings of my life I will never get back. Guaranteed.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:37 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This forum has a fair amount of posts by you stating that your life is a mess, that you can't find work or make friends. I haven't said anything that you haven't said yourself. And this entire thread is full of personal attacks that you have made towards others...such as calling people who don't agree with you ignorant and uninformed.
This is my all time favorite.

//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...rson-what.html

How cool is being on ignore???

Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:

I have to spread the love, then I can rep ya.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
If you know anything about 34 years ago, I think you'll agree they didn't know much. 'Nuff said.

Look, I am happy that you found something that works for you so well.

My mission is to spread the word and to hopefully do something for those in need who do NOT fit into the square pegs of AA. Also, I am passionate about adddiction science and what can come of it. I really am.

I'd rather spend all the money in China (or tea in China) on meds than to sit through those dreary hour meetings of my life I will never get back. Guaranteed.
I managed to get clean/sober a long time ago.
What word are you spreading?
No one has stated that AA works for everyone or that everyone should go to AA.
Do you really think that people don't know that there are other programs out there?
Why are you being a "missionary" to let people know what they already know?
You're complaining that people choose to go to AA. How ridiculous is that?

Seriously, get a grip.
Go take your drugs and look for whatever it is you're looking for.
As I said, no one cares if you get sober or not.
It's entirely up to you.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:42 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,984 times
Quote:
I managed to get clean/sober a long time ago.
What word are you spreading.
No one has stated that AA works for everyone or that everyone should go to AA.
Do you really think that people don't know that there are other programs out there?
Why are you being a "missionary" to let people know what they already know?

Seriously, get a grip.
Go take your drugs and look for whatever it is you're looking for.
As I said, no one cares if you get sober or not.
It's entirely up to you.
Well, just in this one thread alone one person said he did not know SMART existed. That's worth it for me. Little by little...

Don't discount the power of this forum or the Net. For every link I posted, there is ONE more piece of info out there, or do you not consider this?

BTW, great AA attitude!

Old 01-29-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Well, just in this one thread alone one person said he did not know SMART existed. That's worth it for me. Little by little...

Don't discount the power of this forum or the Net. For every link I posted, there is ONE more piece of info out there, or do you not consider this?

BTW, great AA attitude!
You did not post the link.

I did.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:

I have no interest.
I've checked out other programs, I'm comfortable with AA.
I find meetings all over the world, sometimes in the strangest places.

But you said you'd rather spend a lot of money than to sit through a meeting.
What does it matter what other programs are out there if you're not going to go anyway, because you want to spend money and get drugs to take care of your problems.

I just don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You did not post the link.

I did.
Pwned.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
This is my all time favorite.

//www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...rson-what.html

How cool is being on ignore???
Can't give you any more rep just now but it's a pretty cool club to be in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies