Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Here is one of the main problems with conservatives. They live in some type of fairyland where they actually think people are going to STOP HAVING SEX.

The fact that conservatives are so totally out of touch with REALITY, is the reason they cannot come up with VIABLE solutions to a problem.
Who's living in a fantasy world?

Let's see....

You can't afford children or contraceptives, but you have sex anyway?

Viable solution.....

Abstain. If you can't take responsibility for your actions, why should someone else have to?

Next you'll be saying that it is a persons right to have sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Who's living in a fantasy world?

Let's see....

You can't afford children or contraceptives, but you have sex anyway?

Viable solution.....

Abstain. If you can't take responsibility for your actions, why should someone else have to?

Next you'll be saying that it is a persons right to have sex.

Not much different than the vast majority of people who believe that it is a person's "God given" right to have as many children as they want, is it?

And then you have the evangelicals {Republican conservatives} who believe that "God" put them on this earth to procreate......it is their DUTY.

Myself........I have NO PROBLEM with employing some sort of forced sterilization when people cannot support the children they already do have. Men and women.

Now, as far as expecting people to refrain from sex. I am realistic enough to realize that people are NEVER going to stop having sex, no matter what. Preaching abstinence is NEVER, EVER going to solve the problem.

Have you ever noticed, in some third world countries, that no matter the fact that children and people are starving.........they still keep having sex and making more babies? As they watch their children with bloated bellies, covered with flies, starving to death.......they still have sex and make more babies. Gee, I wonder why they just don't stop having sex?

I am realistic enough to realize that the only way to attack the problem, is to make contraception as easy and cheap as possible {even free} for that segment of society that does not act responsibly. Yes, we shouldn't have to, but we need to.

I will repeat: It is better to spend a little now {to try and prevent irresponsible people from having children}, than it is to pay a lot later {paying to raise, educate and provide for their children}. It is basic COMMON SENSE.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:34 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Viable solution.....

Women have been saying that for centuries. To men. Heck it was even declared by Papal decree and still you know better with selective attention legislation.

Won't you abstain?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 04-03-2011 at 06:14 AM..

Old 04-01-2011, 09:45 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I am not sure of the prices..but I know a nailjob WAS 20..and I see it all the time, pleople getting cash from their EBT or check (usually buying one thing and getting the rest in cash back) and then going right into the nailsalon in walmart.

you mean you have NEVER seen it
No, I don't go to nail salons. I don't know the prices. I've never seen a nail station in a walmart btw.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Not much different than the vast majority of people who believe that it is a person's "God given" right to have as many children as they want, is it?

And then you have the evangelicals {Republican conservatives} who believe that "God" put them on this earth to procreate......it is their DUTY.

Myself........I have NO PROBLEM with employing some sort of forced sterilization when people cannot support the children they already do have. Men and women.

Now, as far as expecting people to refrain from sex. I am realistic enough to realize that people are NEVER going to stop having sex, no matter what. Preaching abstinence is NEVER, EVER going to solve the problem.

Have you ever noticed, in some third world countries, that no matter the fact that children and people are starving.........they still keep having sex and making more babies? As they watch their children with bloated bellies, covered with flies, starving to death.......they still have sex and make more babies. Gee, I wonder why they just don't stop having sex?

I am realistic enough to realize that the only way to attack the problem, is to make contraception as easy and cheap as possible {even free} for that segment of society that does not act responsibly. Yes, we shouldn't have to, but we need to.

I will repeat: It is better to spend a little now {to try and prevent irresponsible people from having children}, than it is to pay a lot later {paying to raise, educate and provide for their children}. It is basic COMMON SENSE.
I would have liked to have 10 children, but I knew that I could not handle it.

As long as one can support their OWN family, why should they not have as many children as they want?

This is a basic flaw in liberal/progressive thinking.

Common sense would dictate that you cannot force people to be sterilized (that's barbaric), you also cannot force people to have children.

But we can force people to support their own children by changing the way we treat people.

The system is obviously broken and there are no easy answers.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Women have been saying that for centuries. To men. Heck it was even declared by Papal decree and still you know better with selective attention legislation.

Won't you abstain, or are you too obsessed with blaming women for your <apparently> miserable life?
There's no need to get snarky.

I do blame the women.

They control their own bodies.

Are you saying that most women are assaulted?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:22 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Standard business practices for accounting and reporting.

For an example look at:
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d10533r.pdf

Quote:
Page 25

"Table 16: The Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Affiliates’ Reported Expenditures of Federal Funds by Top 10 HHS Programs and Awarding Agency or Office, Fiscal Years 2002-2009
They required to report their expenses to the government."

And not only that, the federal government is required to audit.

Quote:
"Organizations based in the United States with expenditures of federal funds of $500,000 or more annually are required to have either a single audit or program-specific audit in accordance with the Single Audit Act, as amended, 31 U.S.C. §§ 7501-7507."

So, for all of these years, the government has been giving PP money for things like Family Planning (title X). For all these years of oversight, sub committees, many of which are seated by pro-lifers, never once have challeneged where the money has been going, since accounting standards are quite clear and satisfactory.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Including the disabled with no one else to support them? The mentally challenged? Orphaned children? The unemployed looking for jobs when there aren't any jobs to be had? I'm not a big supporter of social programs, but your attitude disturbs me. Paper and ink is not more valuable than human life.
People that truly need help? Of course we should help them. Mentally ILL? Sure, help them too. Mentally challenged? Um, not so much. As we see from the current disability labeling, pretty soon everybody would be mentally challenged. The unemployed paid for insurance to carry them through their unemployment, so that argument holds no water.

I'm talking about the complete wastes of human life. Won't take care of themselves, and instead prefer to do drugs and suck off of the tax dollar's teat.

You attitude disturbs me, as well. Perfectly willing to steal from ME to give to the undeserving and ungrateful.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Being lucky had nothing to do with it. It takes discipline and hard work.

As far as taking care of each other, don't you understand that it is one's duty as a human being to help others?

It is NOT a function of the federal government to redistribute wealth.
I see more and more of this "people succeed because of luck" mentality from the Libs. Another way to ease any responsibility for their own actions. And so easy to do, since you always have the govt there to catch you if you decide you aren't lucky enough to work.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Tell the parents to GET A JOB and pay for their childs needs.

It is the full responsibility of a parent to house, feed and cloth their OWN CHILD.

I do for mine and they should also.

You cannot steal something that is not yours because you NEVER PAID FOR IT to begin with.

30% of our kids in high school at our school get free lunch, why?

Why should I pay for a 16 year olds free lunch?

Time to EARN your keep. The message is clear, no more handouts. Force the bums to earn their child's needs.

No more STEALING FROM US TAXPAYERS to feed loser parents who wont earn the money to feed their own kids.
I have a different point of view.

We provide assistance to people who are poverty stricken because we live - or pretend to - in a CIVILIZED society.

If you don't like the American system, maybe you should move to a place like Somalia where there are no "entitlement" programs like unemployment compensation, social security disability programs, food stamps, etc. You might like it there ... your taxes will be lower!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies