Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 01:31 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
People that truly need help? Of course we should help them. Mentally ILL? Sure, help them too. Mentally challenged? Um, not so much. As we see from the current disability labeling, pretty soon everybody would be mentally challenged.
But there's no talk about retraining mentally challenged people for the work they're suited for in USA. Perhaps shipping their jobs overseas was a mistake???

Quote:
I'm talking about the complete wastes of human life. Won't take care of themselves, and instead prefer to do drugs and suck off of the tax dollar's teat.
WHY are addicts = children on welfare? WHY won't you take those who refuse or are incapable of taking responsibility for themselves and deal with them as a SEPARATE issue? Why are YOU aiding and abetting addicts using their own children as human shields? Your own myopic considerations of justice are your enemy, not WIC and food stamp programs.

Quote:
Perfectly willing to steal from ME to give to the undeserving and ungrateful.
You're perfectly willing to punish children for the sins of the parents, even if no 'sin' was actually involved. Being born poor or in an economically depressed region is not a sin. Nothing was stolen from you. It was provided to you when you were a child and when it's your turn to man up you declare you owe your fellow countrymen nothing in your "nation of one" self aggrandizement. You've renounced your own citizenship in deference to a pile of money in your hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
So you're just for murder in all shapes and sizes, huh?
Capital punishment is not murder.

Abortion is.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Mind your manners before you lecture others about responsibility and 'snark'. IF you were properly leading by example and fully embracing your own responsibility no one would be taking issue with you.

This is not an abortion thread. Take your own post and start a new one, I'd be more than happy to attend.

If you're unwilling to do that, here's the sound bite answer legislation pertaining to root causes that for some strange reason is a sacred cow. Vasectomy Costs, Cost of Male Sterilization, Insurance Coverage for Vasectomy
Womans health adversely affected through chemicals, abandoned children & unborn be damned. The sheer volume of hypocrisy, narcissism & willful ignorance knows no limit. When men (do a headcount in your locker room) decide to willfully abandon the concept of honor, how is that the fault of womankind?
I understand your point.

Liberal/progressive policies have made the man of the house unnecessary.

If people would live by some code of decent conduct, many of the problems of society would disappear.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:34 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Well I think some mean testing should be in place. We have friends up north who have an adult daughter giving birth to her second welfare baby in less than three years. The first baby she lost and went ahead and got pregnant right away before even getting married. Her baby was ill and cost the taxpayers over a million dollars. No big deal. Well now she is having baby number two (third pregnancy) on the taxpayers dime. Husband works, she just graduated from a university. Dont you think this is a bit much folks? Her mother and father contribute to their income under the table. I think I a going to skip the baby shower.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:36 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
So you're just for murder in all shapes and sizes, huh?
Well, I happen to think some people should die. Like the two men that broke into that home and beat the husband, killed the wife and two daughters {after raping the little girls and their mother} then setting the house on fire.

There is no mistake or doubt that those two men did it........and I think they deserve to die for it.

If your heart bleeds for men like that, and you think they have the right to life after what they did, then more power to you.

As far as abortion goes, that is not murder, a fetus is not a person, it is nothing more than an organism.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Those aren't audits. Those are reports based on information given to them from PP. Audits are done on a state level. But no federal audit that I can find.
Regardles of who does the audit, the tax payer's money is not spent on abortions.

They are audited by a government agency that makes sure the laws are followed and the law is that taxpayer's money is not used to fund abortions.

So, why would anyone want to defund an organization that helps prevent unwanted children from ending up on the tax payer's dole by providing birth control services?

Birth control helps stop abortions, doesn't it? Why would pro-lifers want to stop an organization that helps stop abortions?

Old 04-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And why are liberals all for birth control, tubal ligations, vasectomies and so on EXCEPT when it comes to their beloved government dependent welfare class?
Where are you getting that from?

Liberals are the ones in favor of sex education and low cost birth control for the poor. It is the conservatives who are against those things. Conservatives are the ones who think preaching abstinence, just say no, is the solution.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
As I said before, and this is also COMMON SENSE, with rights come responsibilities. If you're not up for the responsibilities, then don't do whatever the right is, in this case, have sex. Your thought process is disgusting.
It is really pitiful that delusional people think telling someone to "just not have sex" is going to work. Has that ever worked before?
Did it work with Bristol Palin?

Your solution might work in Mother Goose Land, but it is NOT going to work in the REAL world.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:10 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Capital punishment is not murder.

Abortion is.
Taking of an actual human life =/= murder.
Removal of a clump of cells=murder. Got it.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:15 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It is really pitiful that delusional people think telling someone to "just not have sex" is going to work. Has that ever worked before?
Did it work with Bristol Palin?

Your solution might work in Mother Goose Land, but it is NOT going to work in the REAL world.
So, you are saying that these people are just animals and cannot control their animal sexual urges? I thought people were different from animals in that they possessed intelligence, common sense and free will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies