Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:49 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
thats why its pointless to even debate guys like oz.

a documented case of institutional racism. guys on fox news even admitting it was institutional racism, and oz still doesn't believe it.

if you cant believe what has proven to be institutional racism, then surely oz will never believe anything else i or anybody brings up.
Was it ever proven to be actually the case?

By that I mean was evidence presented and it ruled that the USDA did indeed discriminate against black farmers?

I haven't found anything so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 09:52 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Ummm,no the government wasn't.The plaintiffs settled for some money.
No-one was proven guilty in court.

You could have used the Boston desegregation issue however,that happened after the CRA.

Thing is,black people aren't segregated and aren't suffering from institutional racism,they DO however like to think they are and try to get something for it,either politically OR monetarily.

But that time is passing,fewer and fewer people really care anymore about the professional black whiners.
thats what I mean. you already are programmed to deny anything brought up.

and why the they they they crap all of a sudden. that is annoying.

I agree about institutional racism not being a major part in society in 2011. Companies can simply not afford to be caught with those practices. To pretend that it never goes on though because of a bill passed in 64 is 3rd grade rhetoric.

You know, they also passed a bill making English the official language in Florida years ago. Go down to Miami and see how that law is working.

I know you have an agenda, and I know your mind is already made up, which is why its pointless even debating posters like you.

If you want people to take you seriously in the future and not label you like many have as a race baiter, you should have a more open mind if it is debate you are interested in.

When you debate somebody, you listen to what other people say. You don't just shut them off when you are challenged. That is what you do to often.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:04 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

I agree about institutional racism not being a major part in society in 2011. Companies can simply not afford to be caught with those practices. To pretend that it never goes on though because of a bill passed in 64 is 3rd grade rhetoric.
Yes it by and large doesn't exist,yet people still whine on and on about it as if there are cross burnings on the street corner every Tuesday and twice on Saturdays...it gets old.

Quote:
I know you have an agenda, and I know your mind is already made up, which is why its pointless even debating posters like you.
My agenda?
Hmm,you mean to stir up the perpetually whiny and thin skinned?

Quote:
If you want people to take you seriously in the future and not label you like many have as a race baiter, you should have a more open mind if it is debate you are interested in.
Thats the thing,almost no-one has an open mind about anything,you have your mindset and refuse to budge,I have mine.You just disagree with me.

Quote:
When you debate somebody, you listen to what other people say. You don't just shut them off when you are challenged. That is what you do to often.
Actually what you do in a debate is defeat your opponent and show their position to be weak and unfounded...

But you do not resort to name calling.
Something that is lost on many nowadays.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
[quote=oz in SC;19167487]Yes it by and large doesn't exist,yet people still whine on and on about it as if there are cross burnings on the street corner every Tuesday and twice on Saturdays...it gets old.

Do you really want to know why? Because blacks and other minorities are not afraid of the tactics of yesteryear. Today if someone attempted to burn a cross in most urban palces they would get shot very quickly. So what the powers to be is become more discreet about their disdain for people that they don't like through hosing, education, and employment. Lets not forget the legal system

Old 05-17-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Yes it by and large doesn't exist,yet people still whine on and on about it as if there are cross burnings on the street corner every Tuesday and twice on Saturdays...it gets old.

My agenda?
Hmm,you mean to stir up the perpetually whiny and thin skinned?

Thats the thing,almost no-one has an open mind about anything,you have your mindset and refuse to budge,I have mine.You just disagree with me.

Actually what you do in a debate is defeat your opponent and show their position to be weak and unfounded...

But you do not resort to name calling.
Something that is lost on many nowadays.
Quote:
Ummm,no the government wasn't.The plaintiffs settled for some money.
No-one was proven guilty in court.

You could have used the Boston desegregation issue however,that happened after the CRA.

Thing is,black people aren't segregated and aren't suffering from institutional racism,they DO however like to think they are and try to get something for it,either politically OR monetarily.

But that time is passing,fewer and fewer people really care anymore about the professional black whiners.

Is this in direct opposition to "professional white whinners" that scream of reverse racism?

Old 05-17-2011, 01:41 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,768 times
Quote:
And as long as people decide that almost everything is racial and racist,people such as yourself will never be satisfied and always complaining.

You are American first and foremost,to think you are anything else first shows a lot to me about someone.

That is the insanest thing that I continually hear; from certain people.

I will always be the genetic makeup that my ancestors are; I can change countries, religions and everything else at the drop of a hat and numerous times might I add.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:51 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,768 times
Black people cannot win for winning. Black guy makes history and becomes President and they want to say "he's not really black, he's multi-racial". Multi-racial guy does something off the wall; he's black.

Damn near every black person, and some whites, are multi-racial. But it just so happens that blacks possess melanin - really just a higher concentration of carbon - which absorbs and will tend to become the more dominant trait, unless it is continually diluted.

Everyone on this planet is racist or exhibits some racial bias or tendency. The problem is not focusing on race, but being too afraid to focus on it. That has been America's problem and will continue to be that way until it is confronted and people can learn to appreciate each other's differences.

The racial issue is only when it comes to black and white (in this country). Whites and Asians can joke and blacks can joke with other races, but when it comes to black and white, that is where the problem lies because whites feel uncomfortable talking about the past and the new generation feels exempt because they weren't "there" when the drama was at it's zenith. White americans can openly acknowledge and discuss the Jewish/German holocaust because they are removed from the situation. Talking about america's precious history - which still is pervasive even by the very nature and title of this thread - is a horse of a different color.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
2011....1964...47 years.

Try again.
Wow! a actual clueless counter! So now since you have figured out how old I am, you should be smart enough to know that within 5 years of my birth what happened in this country at that time. Deaths of MLK, Malcolm X, the Kennedys, marches lynchings, and boycotts. Oh yeah I guess my parents neverless grandparents have no knowledge of this either. I think that your stupidity (ignorance means one does not know) only surpasses your lack of research and common sense.

Well, being that you are a foreigner and gained citizenship through graciousness of our legal system I guess you can be excuse for your lack of actual american history.

I think that you would have been better off in South Africa during the Apartheid but instead you were back chasing dingos off your property and ignoring the aborigines next door

Old 05-17-2011, 01:54 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Before President Obama became wildly successful as president, obliterating all efforts by the GOP to discredit him and make him a failure, the GOP focused on him being "black." This was the function of the tea party branch of the GOP. If your obstructionist tactics and smear campaign had been successful, you'd be calling him "black" for sure.

Now that it is obvious that he is a great President, an extraordinary man of intelligence, character, depth, poise, and versatility, you want to claim he's "multiracial"? Absolutely pathetic.

The GOP continues to stink up the joint.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:57 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Before President Obama became wildly successful as president, obliterating all efforts by the GOP to discredit him and make him a failure, the GOP focused on him being "black." This was the function of the tea party branch of the GOP. If your obstructionist tactics and smear campaign had been successful, you'd be calling him "black" for sure.

Now that it is obvious that he is a great President, an extraordinary man of intelligence, character, depth, poise, and versatility, you want to claim he's "multiracial"? Absolutely pathetic.

The GOP continues to stink up the joint.
Anyone want to deny the FACT that some people simply aren't smart enough to vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies