Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Let's improve it further and say:

Push this button if you don't like Islam, there's only a 10% chance that some innocent person will be killed. You will suffer no legal sanction for your actions.

What kind of person would choose to push the button?

Certainly not a "Christian."
It looks like you are painting me as someone who agrees with what he did. I cannot say this any stronger, I do not agree with his actions but I agree that it is his right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
It seems that he may have been trying to point out a difference between Christians and Muslims.
Nobody really disputes that difference.

It's not really relevant to the pastor's personal ethics,except to make him more culpable since he had to have known what would happen.

Quote:
Like I said in an earlier post, he got his message out weather anyone likes it or not. That message being that extreme Muslims will kill.
Evidently he was more than willing to sacrifice innocent people he would never have to look in the face to do it.

Like I said, he had choices.

WWJD?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
It looks like you are painting me as someone who agrees with what he did. I cannot say this any stronger, I do not agree with his actions but I agree that it is his right.
I'm proposing a hypothetical that illustrates the ethical choice involved.

It is basically what he did.

Again, what kind of person would push that button?

Not saying you would, but who would?

I'm not disputing he had the right, because what he did doesn't meet the "clear and present danger" test.

The danger (to others) was clear, but it wasn't present. Either way, his choice reflects his ethics.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:19 PM

175 posts, read 302,591 times
Quote:
It seems that he may have been trying to point out a difference between Christians and Muslims.

Like I said in an earlier post, he got his message out weather anyone likes it or not. That message being that extreme Muslims will kill.
Yeah pretty sure we've already learned a thousand times over that Extremist Muslims will kill and in fact he was warned of that fact before he did this.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Nobody really disputes that difference.

It's not really relevant to the pastor's personal ethics,except to make him more culpable since he had to have known what would happen.

Evidently he was more than willing to sacrifice innocent people he would never have to look in the face to do it.

Like I said, he had choices.

WWJD?
I do not think that it can be unequivocally said that he knew 100% what would come of his actions. I also do not pretend to know what is in his mind like so many do.

I wonder if Jones had been a Muslim denouncing the extremists in his religion what the reaction would be.

WWJD? Ask him...

Old 04-05-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I do not think that it can be unequivocally said that he knew 100% what would come of his actions. I also do not pretend to know what is in his mind like so many do.

I wonder if Jones had been a Muslim denouncing the extremists in his religion what the reaction would be.

WWJD? Ask him...
OK, 10% then, he's still a scumbag.

Jesus told me He's going to break his sandal off in this guy's ass, then cast him into Hell.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:22 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
So, do you support a man's right to burn a cross as an expression of free speech?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_double_d View Post
Yeah pretty sure we've already learned a thousand times over that Extremist Muslims will kill and in fact he was warned of that fact before he did this.
Another know it all. You know exactly what he was told, you know exactly what he was thinking, you know exactly everything.

Did you know it was his constitutional right?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, do you support a man's right to burn a cross as an expression of free speech?
Like I said, this thread is not about me.

Can someone be excommunicated for drunkenness or any of a multitude of sins that all of us break like you say this Pastor should be?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:

Jesus told me He's going to break his sandal off in this guy's ass, then cast him into Hell.
I don't care who you are, that was funny right there.

You actually have me in tears I am laughing so hard...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies