Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 06:06 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
About what? Being sensitive to those asswipes?

YES, dammit, if it serves our purposes.

This isn't croquet. Sun Tzu would stroke his beard and laugh at you.

Quote:
I couldn't care any less about any of them if they think they can just demand respect while they kill innocent people.
Because it's all about you, innit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Let me put it in terms that even a moral caveman can understand.
Strel, I am not going to spend a bunch of time looking but, have you had some rather unflattering things to say about Christians, Jesus or God?

I think you know where I am going with this so I eagerly await your reply.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Strel, I am not going to spend a bunch of time looking but, have you had some rather unflattering things to say about Christians, Jesus or God?

I think you know where I am going with this so I eagerly await your reply.

I despise fundamentalists of any stripe. This is not exactly a secret.

This is about the personal ethics of this opportunistic piece of human waste that dares to speak for God.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I despise fundamentalists of any stripe. This is not exactly a secret.
I take that as a yes and if your actions caused some loose cannon Christians to murder a couple dozen people, would it be your fault.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I take that as a yes and if your actions caused some loose cannon Christians to murder a couple dozen people, would it be your fault.
No, only if I knew that it was imminently possible that someone would be killed.

There is a logical proximity here that the pastor cannot avoid. He knew, FOR SURE, what the results of his actions would be.

I think they are the results he wanted, so he could point yet more flabby fingers at the Muslim world and claim vindication.

As right as he may be about that, he's still a piece of ****.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
I learned from my cousin Robert while we were growing up, watching the Circus unloading the animals.....you don't poke at a lion with a stick even though the lion was caged. (Sorry cuz, but the world needs to know you pissed yourself - AKA actions have consequences).

I learned today from a youtube video......don't hold a shark in your hands thinking it was safe - even though it's a baby.

For those who will undoubtedly think I just compared muslims (islamic jihadists) to wild animals.....well yeah, so what? My apologies to animals everywhere.

This stupid preacher guy has no idea of the consequences other people are experiencing related to his actions. Sure it's his right to do it. But the innocent people also had their right to life.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
No, only if I knew that it was imminently possible that someone would be killed.
Probably because Christians are peaceful unlike Muslims or should I say extremist Muslims. Let's say some extremist Christians would go on a rampage and you knew about it but took advantage of your rights anyway?

Quote:
There is a logical proximity here that the pastor cannot avoid. He knew, FOR SURE, what the results of his actions would be.
Most likely but, not FOR SURE.

Quote:
I think they are the results he wanted, so he could point yet more flabby fingers at the Muslim world and claim vindication.
So, you are a mind reader now?

Quote:
As right as he may be about that, he's still a piece of ****.
Isn't it nice to be able to take advantage of your freedom of speech rights?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Probably because Christians are peaceful unlike Muslims or should I say extremist Muslims. Let's say some extremist Christians would go on a rampage and you knew about it but took advantage of your rights anyway?

Most likely but, not FOR SURE.

So, you are a mind reader now?

Isn't it nice to be able to take advantage of your freedom of speech rights?
Not in this instance, it isn't. But we have to take the good with the bad.

Let's not forget that this poltroon had a range of choices on how to express his displeasure with Islam, and of all those choices, he chose the one that he knew would get innocent people killed.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I learned from my cousin Robert while we were growing up, watching the Circus unloading the animals.....you don't poke at a lion with a stick even though the lion was caged. (Sorry cuz, but the world needs to know you pissed yourself - AKA actions have consequences).

I learned today from a youtube video......don't hold a shark in your hands thinking it was safe - even though it's a baby.

For those who will undoubtedly think I just compared muslims (islamic jihadists) to wild animals.....well yeah, so what? My apologies to animals everywhere.

This stupid preacher guy has no idea of the consequences other people are experiencing related to his actions. Sure it's his right to do it. But the innocent people also had their right to life.
If something were to happen to Jones I would totally agree with this analogy but, how about poking a lion here and a lion on the other side of the world attacks and kills someone else?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
If something were to happen to Jones I would totally agree with this analogy but, how about poking a lion here and a lion on the other side of the world attacks and kills someone else?
How about if you gave someone a button, and told them that if they press it, it would send out a radio signal across the world that would result in some innocent person's head to come off.

What kind of person would push the button, no matter what the means of decapitation happened to be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies