Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:39 AM

202 posts, read 353,114 times

Advertisements

what makes homosexuality different from someone diagnosed as bipolar or with schizophrenia? is there a difference? and who in the world wrote it in stone this idea that homosexuality is a sexual orientation and cannot be change. there are all kinds of things we are supposedly born with that manifest in our behaviors, ie addictions, rapists, pedophilia, etc....so if pedophelia is what someone is born with, therefore it can't be changed, therefore it should be embraced and celebrated??

Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,218,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
what makes homosexuality different from someone diagnosed as bipolar or with schizophrenia? is there a difference? and who in the world wrote it in stone this idea that homosexuality is a sexual orientation and cannot be change. there are all kinds of things we are supposedly born with that manifest in our behaviors, ie addictions, rapists, pedophilia, etc....so if pedophelia is what someone is born with, therefore it can't be changed, therefore it should be embraced and celebrated??
Homosexual sex is a voluntary consensual act. Rape and Pedophilia are the complete opposite, trying to equate the two is ridiculous and warped.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:07 AM

202 posts, read 353,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Homosexual sex is a voluntary consensual act. Rape and Pedophilia are the complete opposite, trying to equate the two is ridiculous and warped.
Ummmm but aren't you all claiming that homosexuality is a born trait like blue eyes and fair skin and can't really be changed. It is a sexual deviance from the norm as is the compulsion to rape and the compulsion towards pedophelia. Honestly how is homosexuality and acting upon any homosexual tendencies different from those of pedophiles?

Old 04-27-2011, 01:30 AM

30,899 posts, read 36,980,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Hum, so subsequent male children are seemingly more likely to be homosexual than previous ones - especially when the female starts popping out high numbers??

Sounds like a great biological, evolutionarily beneficial, mechanism to control the threat of overpopulation, doesn't it?
I'd say the answer is "yes" to both questions.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:30 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,218,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
Ummmm but aren't you all claiming that homosexuality is a born trait like blue eyes and fair skin and can't really be changed. It is a sexual deviance from the norm as is the compulsion to rape and the compulsion towards pedophelia. Honestly how is homosexuality and acting upon any homosexual tendencies different from those of pedophiles?
A compulsion (as you say) that involves force and violence is wrong, this includes murder, rape, certain forms of power, pedophilia etc.

You do understand that their is a difference between consensual acts and force right?

Old 04-27-2011, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post

Thank you for the link. I actually know Ernie Horstmanshoff (one of the people in the family featured in the video)!!! What a small world!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
There is something here. Im gay and Im an only child and I was about 22 before I ever met another gay man who also was an only child (I came out at 17).
Well it's like anything. It isn't an absolute rule. I have an older sister but not an older brother. I have another gay friend who also has an older sister but no older brothers. But my friend and I are the exeption to the general rule, as you and your friend are.

It's definitely an odds/probability thing and not an absolute thing.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Seriously? I watched Latter Days in college with my roommate. When the movie ended, without speaking, I got up, removed the DVD from the player, walked into the kitchen, and threw it in the trash. My roommate looked at me and gave me the thumbs up.

Latter Days is quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen.
I didn't think it was that bad. Sheesh!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Very interesting.

Do gay men see themselves as feminized? I know that the majority of gay men that I encounter seem to have feminine attributes, but do they see themselves that way? This study may be a tad bit disturbing to homosexuals if being "effiminate" is considered bad.
I'm not sure what you mean by your question.

However, have you ever considered that the reson why you know "effeminate" gay men is that the ones who aren't effeminate don't stand out???? The gay men who can "pass" for straight tend to stay in the closet longer.

I'd say at least 50% of gay men pass for straight.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:54 AM

Quote:
I'm a big film buff. Gay cinema can be particularly bad at times, and of all the "gay movies" I've seen, Latter Days is far and away the worst. It's just a horribly written, directed, acted, edited, etc movie. Even Joseph Gordon-Levitt (one of my favorite actors) couldn't save it.
Oh, there are lots worse gay films than Latter Days....lots and lots of 'em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies