Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
LMAO. I love how all of the mormon posters on the Utah forum that are so quick to jump all over any thread that even remotely shines a bright light on their falseness/negative aspects of Utah and/or mormon culture, but yet...now...they are nowhere to be found on this thread. LMAO. Guess it hits too close to home, eh?

Oh and love how they respond to the post Utahns are Not Friendly thread..."Oh my god, we are so like totally friendly like check out how we totally respond and bash and call names when someone like oh my god has a different experience than like myself cuz i'm sure that whatever my life experience is living in my utah mormon bubble it must be the same for everyone, no???" LMAOOO!!!
Yeah, the LDS posters and the non-LDS posters alike are quick to point out bigotry when they see it. Why do you think you're so popular over there? Every thread you start is to bash Utah and to bash Mormons. Everybody on the Utah thread (and there are more non-LDS posters over there than there are LDS posters) has exactly the same opinion of you.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Wow someone else noticed, I guess the rich old men have all of the women.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:04 AM

20 posts, read 7,986 times
Because all the old Mormons have all the young wifes.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
I get that...but, that doesn't explain why in many other traditionalist religions, ie catholicism, islam, judaism, hinduism, there isn't this notable larger than average gay male population being birthed...(but comparing perhaps mormonism to catholic priests and the higher than average tendency there...that might be something).

I read that the LDS church preaches that sex is dirty and a sin and should only be done with wife/husband in order to procreate. They are also taught to be very ashamed of their naked bodies. I am thinking that this kind of teaching messes with the young minds in the LDS church and could be the potential catalyst for all kinds of sexual dysfunction later in life...

Gay people are born that way. Sexual repression does not result in someone "turning" gay.

And what are you saying about Catholic Priests? I want to be clear before I go for anyone's throat.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:43 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,218,473 times
Quote:
LMAO. I love how all of the mormon posters on the Utah forum that are so quick to jump all over any thread that even remotely shines a bright light on their falseness/negative aspects of Utah and/or mormon culture, but yet...now...they are nowhere to be found on this thread. LMAO. Guess it hits too close to home, eh?

Oh and love how they respond to the post Utahns are Not Friendly thread..."Oh my god, we are so like totally friendly like check out how we totally respond and bash and call names when someone like oh my god has a different experience than like myself cuz i'm sure that whatever my life experience is living in my utah mormon bubble it must be the same for everyone, no???" LMAOOO!!!
I love how all you do is assume all over this forum. I am not LDS but I call you on your BS. Some people are angry negative people who look for things to complain about, others are not.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This thread reinforces my descision to stay way far away from Utah.
You are missing out, it is a great place to live, unless your close-minded, angry, bitter and you can't accept others who are different than you.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Are there any hard statistics showing that there actually is a higher rate of homosexuals among the mormon community or in Utah? Or just that Salt Lake City has attracted large numbers of gays from around the region?

I have two friends from Utah (well, one was born and raised in Idaho, but later moved to Utah as an adult) .... both were raised in the Mormon faith (one strictly so).... they lived in Salt Lake City, but SLC appears to be the place "to go" for gays in the mountain west to live a somewhat comfortable life. Is SLC just a congregation place, sourcing its gays from the small towns and other neighboring states throughout the region?

Oh, and the one has three kids he had with a woman at a very young age when he was trying to 'conform.'
I think it is simple demographics. A certain percentage of people are gay, Utah has a higher birth rate, of all those kids a certain percentage of them are gay, so they like the area and stay in SLC. Many areas in the country have very low birthrates so the only way to increase the gay population is through migration.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times
1) SLC's apparent abundance of gay people is much more likely due to the fact that it's the only place in Mormonland that provides some acceptance. It's also the biggest city in the biggest metro area for at least 300 miles in all directions (even more to the west, north, and south). Funny, because I'm thinking of moving there myself for other reasons, but the higher percentage of gay people is certainly an additional bonus. By the way, Denver is even more gay and for probably the same reasons as there's not much else out on the plains. Here in Phoenix, I just don't think the community has as important a civic presence as in these other two western mountain cities. I wonder why? That's another thread...

2) I'm gay in this life because of karmic reasons. My advice is: don't hurt someone of the same sex for loving you, you'll end up experiencing their life as your own. Are you prepared to be on the receiving end of what you dished out? The universe always provides the ultimate justice by maintaining a perfect balance. Hormonal and biological issues might be found one day, but the real reasons will be spiritual in nature, or the person incarnating into the body may not have prepared for a life as that particular gender. Who the hell cares anyway? It's all LOVE, why bother measuring?

3) Obviously, I'm not a Mormon.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 04-28-2011 at 12:35 PM..

Old 04-29-2011, 02:55 AM

202 posts, read 353,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Absolutely not. This is total nonsense, but m92tiger appears to be convinced otherwise.

Why are you so "freaked out" by the suggestion that there is a larger than average population of gays in Utah and that, perhaps, or perhaps not, it might also have something to do with the extremely overwhelmingly large population of Mormons there.

You may not think there are any gays here (I did read on another forum that LDSers have a tendency to be in complete denial about the obvious gayness all around them...in fact one mormon women married a mormon man, they divorced however when he confessed his favoring the gay lifestyle. And her response to her friend was, "I didn't even know there were any gays in Utah." Lmao.

Wikipedia seems to be in the know, unlike you my dear katzpur. And why are you saying that I am negative and bitter and angry when I am merely making an observation about the large numbers of gays in Utah and wondering if it has anything to do with the 90% mormonism here...you are the one that is taking that as some sort of attack I spose? Or maybe the bullet is just hitting too close to your denialhome.

Well at least SLC's alt periodical, City Weekly, is in the know:
Quote:
[SIZE=2]“Utah, though it doesn’t know it yet, is one of the largest gay population areas per capita in the country,” he says. “I see Salt Lake City being one of the areas of major demonstrations in this movement, along with L.A., San Francisco and New York.” [/SIZE]

Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 AM

202 posts, read 353,114 times
This is for all you peeps that try to claim that I am full of ****, when in fact it is their own perceptions or lack of in their own perceived reality bubble, that is apparently full of ****. I observe that there seems to be more gays on average than in other places i have lived; I observe that a large number of these are ex or current mormon members and then I wonder out loud at a possible correlation between the two. What's the response from the Utah/Mormon groupies??? Name calling, of course. Cuz again, just shows how friendly and nice and open-minded those Utahn's are, no? I am called bitter, angry, negative...when I am merely making observations and speculation. But apparently these bullets of truth are hitting too close to the home of the denial lair. However, in response to all those bull**** callouts of BS, here's a HOST of MANY links, that support the Truth I Observe:
Salt Lake City Has High Gay Population

Troy Williams: The

From wikipedia:
Quote:
The city has experienced significant demographic shifts in recent years[7]. Hispanics now account for approximately 19% of residents and the city has a large gay community.[8]
Affirmation: Gay & Lesbian Mormons

There may be more gay Mormons than non-Mormons

Gay Forums - All Things Gay - Any Gay Mormons out there - RealJock

Mormons for Marriage

I can post endless links if that's what it takes for those bashing this thread and my OPINION/THEORY simply because they claim I am some lone alien that thought it up all be her little self just to "hate" on Utah because according to all those "friendly/oh so nice" Utahns, calling Utah out on its gayness, is "hate" lmao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies