Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 05:15 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Obama extended an invitation to GWB to join him at Ground Zero Thursday, and there are reports that Bush turned him down.

Here was a FANTASTIC oportunity for the two presidents most directly involved in the hunt for Bin Laden, to stand together at the site of the attack, and put our bitter partisanship aside for a moment, in a gesture of national unity, healing and closure, and to demonstrate to the world that when the chips are down, we stand united.

And Bush turned him down?

Why???
Are sour grapes green or purple?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 05:28 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Bush hasn't done anything to undermine Obama's credibility. He doesn't speak ill of any of Obama's policies. He basically has morphed seamlessly into civilian life. He stays out of politics and political decisions, so it wouldn't surprise me that he would stay out of the limelight in this regard. (Still haven't seen any links in this thread though)

While he may not be one of our finest Presidents, he has shown class post Presidency that few other Presidents have matched.
This ^^.

Class is a word I feel most from the left do not understand.

I have been very impressed with how Bush has constantly stayed out of politics and does not comment on Obama and the mess he has made.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:43 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
This ^^.

Class is a word I feel most from the left do not understand.

I have been very impressed with how Bush has constantly stayed out of politics and does not comment on Obama and the mess he has made.
Bush has shown class by not getting involved in politics since his departure, as far as the last phrase in your sentence well he did inherit just a few pesky problems from Bush?

Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You must not know that the Bin Ladens turned their backs on Obama Bin Laden. One of Obama Bin Laden's sons bashed him in a book.
Whose Obama bin laden?

Old 05-04-2011, 06:11 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Obama extended an invitation to GWB to join him at Ground Zero Thursday, and there are reports that Bush turned him down.

Here was a FANTASTIC oportunity for the two presidents most directly involved in the hunt for Bin Laden, to stand together at the site of the attack, and put our bitter partisanship aside for a moment, in a gesture of national unity, healing and closure, and to demonstrate to the world that when the chips are down, we stand united.

And Bush turned him down?

Why???

I respect Bush for doing this, he has said he does not want to be in the limelight, it is his choice, not yours, not mine
and I will say the ONLY reason Obama is going to NY is for glory, HIS glory
not because he is cares about the families! He has shown already how distasteful they are when he wanted to bring the terroist to NY at the out cry of the families!!
so this is a stunt to try and gain points, that is all there is to it and that is clear to anyone with half a brain!
Not long ago he was hauling the CIA in on charges for crying out loud and now he is doing this??
HORSE CRAP!!

Old 05-04-2011, 06:20 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am not surprised at all that bush went right out and congratulated obama. bush ranks in the bottom 2, with obama being 1.

bush bailed out the bankers, got us into a ridiculously expensive war and spent like a drunk, distributing foreign aid all over the place. he left our borders unchecked and allowed a massive stream of under-educated workers to drive down wages.

obama did all this also, ADDED failed stimulus, and DEBASED our currency.

those two have reduced the standard of living for us and for our children, and i don't think obama is anywhere near done damaging the economy.

Obama has more than DOUBLED foreign aid to Pakistan since he has been in office and look what it got him. NOTHING!!! UBL was living there and laughing for the past two years.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:22 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I respect Bush for doing this, he has said he does not want to be in the limelight, it is his choice, not yours, not mine
not because he is cares about the families! He has shown already how distasteful they are when he wanted to bring the terroist to NY at the out cry of the families!!
so this is a stunt to try and gain points, that is all there is to it and that is clear to anyone with half a brain!
Not long ago he was hauling the CIA in on charges for crying out loud and now he is doing this??
HORSE CRAP!!

President Bush as ALREADY been to "Ground Zero". Barry has NEVER been there. He has NO TIE to the site and does not belong.

This is about a political as Bill Clinton going to Normandy Beach for the anniversary to D-Day.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:36 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,764,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
While Bush has been respectful of Obama, can the same be said in return? I dont know if I'd show up for a photo op with someone who's bad mouthed and lied about my policies for the last few years either..
No, in fact, we (as Republicans) were invited along "for the ride, but have to sit in the back of the bus".

Old 05-04-2011, 06:40 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
HORSE CRAP!!

Old 05-04-2011, 06:42 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Bush, being gracious and full of class (as he's been throughout obama's presidency, never uttering a word of criticism) probably didn't want to steal any of obama's thunder OR he possibly thought obama might use the footage in the 2012 campaign.

Obama was gracious in asking him to attend.
So you're saying a Texas Rancher knows all about those Chicago thugs and their unwillingness to do anything apolitical?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies