Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Bush hasn't done anything to undermine Obama's credibility. He doesn't speak ill of any of Obama's policies. He basically has morphed seamlessly into civilian life. He stays out of politics and political decisions, so it wouldn't surprise me that he would stay out of the limelight in this regard. (Still haven't seen any links in this thread though)

While he may not be one of our finest Presidents, he has shown class post Presidency that few other Presidents have matched.
Surely someone has provided a link on this question since I am just starting to read on it, but in case they haven't I can show you one that most from the left should accept.

Bush Declines Obama?s Invitation to Ground Zero - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I believe that's called slinking away with your tail between your legs.
I see you didn't read the link from Politico. Maybe the one from the NY Times I posted would be more to your liking.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:47 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I would presume Bush does not wish to in any way boost Obama's re-election chances.
That is the most pathetic thing I ever heard. And I think it may very well be true, as no other explanation for Bush absenting himself makes any sense at all.

Just pathetic.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
FOR THOSE WHO DON'T READ POSTS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO BUSY TRYING TO FIND A NEW WAY TO TRY TO DENIGRATE PRESIDENT OBAMA, HERE IS THE LINK AGAIN. BUSH PREFERS TO REMAIN IN THE BACKGROUND NOW THAT HIS TERMS ARE OVER. IT'S FROM FOX, SO YOU KNOW YOU CAN BELIEVE IT. OKAY? NO DOUBT HE'D BE UNCOMFORTABLE, BUT THE INVITATION WAS MADE, AND CERTAINLY PRESIDENT OBAMA WILL CREDIT BUSH WHEN THE TIME COMES. WATCH THE DARN VIDEO BEFORE POSTING!

And now you've made me yell...I hate that!
Poor baby!!!! Maybe you could read my link since I selected it just for people like you straight out of the NY Times.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:51 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You must not know that the Bin Ladens turned their backs on Obama Bin Laden. One of Obama Bin Laden's sons bashed him in a book.

Obama does one thing, and that is run for office.

If he has invited Bush to ground zero, it is for no other purpose than to milk the 9/11 tragedy for all the political benefit possible.

Obama has no class, no genuine concern for others and no purpose in the office except to indulge his messiah complex. All three character defects will be on grand display at ground zero as he turns the event into an all too predictable campaign rally. In Obama's mind, everything, to include the 9/11 tragedy, is about Obama. Bush is wise to have nothing to do with it.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Actually, the mosque would be 600 feet from Ground Zero, not on it. That's incorrect. Try reading about it in a reputable source:

A mosque at ground zero? - Boston.com (http://articles.boston.com/2010-06-06/bostonglobe/29280956_1_ground-zero-cordoba-house-mosque - broken link)
Could you supply us with a list of what you consider to be reputable sources. It would make it so much easier so we could all agree with you. You will read my link about this event since it came from the NY Times, won't you or do you not consider them any more reputable than I do.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:53 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,986,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Obama extended an invitation to GWB to join him at Ground Zero Thursday, and there are reports that Bush turned him down.

Here was a FANTASTIC oportunity for the two presidents most directly involved in the hunt for Bin Laden, to stand together at the site of the attack, and put our bitter partisanship aside for a moment, in a gesture of national unity, healing and closure, and to demonstrate to the world that when the chips are down, we stand united.

And Bush turned him down?

Why???
Bush doesn't want to be in the lime light thats why. He's not the president anymore & has not been in over 2 years...why should he go to Ground Zero with Obama?

His home in Dallas got many warm welcomes from hundreds of visitors after the news broke about Bin Laden. They tied balloons to his gate & left letters of appreciation to President Bush.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Bush will be remembered in history as the guy who invaded Iraq (which had nothing to do with 911) and who failed to catch Bin Laden.

That is why he is not showing up. Period.
So that is the story that the progressive history changers will be telling about Bush? I never wondered at all about that and still don't.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
And in addition, Manhattan voted 85.1% for Obama in 2008 (and something like 83% for John Kerry in 2004, if I recall correctly), so in essence Bush would have been going into enemy territory.

I would have avoided going too, lest he wanted another shoe thrown at him.
You mean the Muslims that Evenstar told us about in a post just a bit behind yours would throw shoes at him? I guess they must all be employed in NYC.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
That is the most pathetic thing I ever heard. And I think it may very well be true, as no other explanation for Bush absenting himself makes any sense at all.

Just pathetic.
I think you have failed the left handed test in this thread. You have had links posted in it that tell why Bush stayed away and haven't read one of them yet, or so it seems.

Here is mine that was posted at the top of this page. I say top because I use 10 posts per page. Surely you can accept a link from the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/04/us/04bush.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies