Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
He's jumped up and down screaming and throwing feces for over 2 years and now he wants to be diplomatic...

He's got about as much credibility on this one as Osama B. Decaying.
Wow, just Wow! Obama's got more class and diplomacy in his little finger than anyone who thinks like this will ever have in an entire lifetime.

Regarding the OP: I would have liked to see Bush accept the invitation as a show of unity but I understand him not wanting to get drawn back into public life. He's made his feelings well known on this in the past and I respect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 09:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I believe that's called slinking away with your tail between your legs.
Too funny. Bush has been nothing but gracious since leaving office. He hasn't uttered a negative word since leaving office. The left simply can't recognize it.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wow, just Wow! Obama's got more class and diplomacy in his little finger than anyone who thinks like this will ever have in an entire lifetime.
I'm still waiting to see some of this class and diplomacy...

Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,312,552 times
Bush knows without a speech writer he will be hopeless. No more impromptu public appearances for him!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:39 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,944 times
All Obama would do is trash him, as he tends to do, so maybe that is why he didn't want to go. I wouldn't have gone either.
If his decline offends Mr. Thin Skin, so be it!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:40 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm still waiting to see some of this class and diplomacy...
Yeah, me too. What class? Her idea of class, is Obama? That is funny.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Bascially Bush is one president who know how to leave the scene of politics.Obama could invite Clinton who would love it;but over shadow Obama with his presents. But even then why would Bush appear in a scene favorable to Obama when Obama has basically blamed everything on Bush since he got in office.Why boost a president who do not agree with or I suspect admire at all. Better to stay away and not give a photo opt to a presdient running for reelection. You really can't call people the new evil empire then expect photo opts with them. I will never understand how Obama can call people evil then ask for help or opportunity. be it business;republicans;tea party or other groups.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Obama extended an invitation to GWB to join him at Ground Zero Thursday, and there are reports that Bush turned him down.

Here was a FANTASTIC oportunity for the two presidents most directly involved in the hunt for Bin Laden, to stand together at the site of the attack, and put our bitter partisanship aside for a moment, in a gesture of national unity, healing and closure, and to demonstrate to the world that when the chips are down, we stand united.

And Bush turned him down?

Why???
Really??? You still don't get it???

Obama is Bush. Like he's wearing an IBM Blue Man suit, but it's not blue. Would explain why the *ism's continue.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Bush hasn't done anything to undermine Obama's credibility. He doesn't speak ill of any of Obama's policies. He basically has morphed seamlessly into civilian life. He stays out of politics and political decisions,)........
As a good ex-President should do (hint, hint Jimmuh)

Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
FOR THOSE WHO DON'T READ POSTS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO BUSY TRYING TO FIND A NEW WAY TO TRY TO DENIGRATE PRESIDENT OBAMA, HERE IS THE LINK AGAIN. BUSH PREFERS TO REMAIN IN THE BACKGROUND NOW THAT HIS TERMS ARE OVER. IT'S FROM FOX, SO YOU KNOW YOU CAN BELIEVE IT. OKAY? NO DOUBT HE'D BE UNCOMFORTABLE, BUT THE INVITATION WAS MADE, AND CERTAINLY PRESIDENT OBAMA WILL CREDIT BUSH WHEN THE TIME COMES. WATCH THE DARN VIDEO BEFORE POSTING!

And now you've made me yell...I hate that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies