Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Except Breitbart is committing fraud once again!

Breitbart publishes risqué photo, claims it’s Anthony Weiner’s wiener (UPDATED) | The Raw Story

Jesus, why do people keep taking him seriously?
Jesus, that's already been debunked. You need to go to websites other than far-left ones that don't have the latest details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Interesting article on "Weinergate". The comment section is worth reading as well.
It's "old" (3 days), been debunked about the photoshop/fake picture. That meme from the Left did NOT work.

NOT a right wing site.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/05...trates_ho.html

Quote:
During an encounter with reporters earlier today, Weiner refused to answer any questions about the incident, including whether that was his own package in the photo, why he contacted a lawyer instead of law enforcement, and why he was following the college student on Twitter in the first place. Instead, he pointed reporters to his previous statements (which don't actually address those questions) and expressed his desire to move on to more important business.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:22 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It's "old" (3 days), been debunked about the photoshop/fake picture. That meme from the Left did NOT work.

NOT a right wing site.

Anthony Weiner Is Not Doing Himself Any Favors -- Daily Intel
How about hearing from Breitbart himself.
Breitbart: Weiner having relationships with ‘girls that are quite young’*|*Raw Replay
Weiner is slime, why anybody would try to defend this piece of garbage is beyond me.
He claimed his account was hacked, which is a serious Federal crime. They don't need his permission to investigate a crime of this magnitude. Wolfe has received death threats, I hope he can get those investigated as well.

Last edited by claudhopper; 05-31-2011 at 11:50 PM..

Old 06-01-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
How about hearing from Breitbart himself.
Breitbart: Weiner having relationships with ‘girls that are quite young’*|*Raw Replay
Weiner is slime, why anybody would try to defend this piece of garbage is beyond me.
He claimed his account was hacked, which is a serious Federal crime. They don't need his permission to investigate a crime of this magnitude. Wolfe has received death threats, I hope he can get those investigated as well.
Brietbart on CNN.

Andrew Breitbart on Weinergate | Rep. Weiner Twitter | CNN Video | Mediaite

Old 06-01-2011, 06:24 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times

For those who might be interested in how Jon Stewart, a friend of Anthony Weiner's, handled the story last night..........

Distinguished Member of Congress - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/31/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Quote:
Anyway, as a comedian this is a slam dunk,” Stewart said. “’Weiner’ name, weiner picture – where’s my check? But, as a friend of his, I really hope this story is not true. I really do. I would feel terrible if this were true, as a friend of his. And I do have my doubts about its veracity, having nothing to do with the circumstantial back-and-forth about this, my thoughts stem from this:
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/01/no...#ixzz1O1mbp27R

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 06-01-2011 at 06:49 AM..

Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 AM

He's even losing the Kossacks @ DKos;

Daily Kos: CNN Report - Weiner Refuses to Answer Basic Questions

I think we can guess how Stewart handled it - NOT how he normally would handle it.

Again, we can just imagine how he would have handled it if this were a republican.

The impromptu presser has done even MORE damage to Weiner.

I think even the staunchest admirer of his with blinders on would have to admit he sure does sound and act like a guy trying to hide something.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:48 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,727,652 times
Were any crimes committed? Did it interfere with the representation of his district? Hypothetically speaking, if he did in fact cheat on his wife, then he did something horrible to his wife and women should beware. Don't date him after the divorce. Other than that, he's not a criminal.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:54 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Were any crimes committed? Did it interfere with the representation of his district? Hypothetically speaking, if he did in fact cheat on his wife, then he did something horrible to his wife and women should beware. Don't date him after the divorce. Other than that, he's not a criminal.
I guess lying to the American people is just expected when it comes to Democrats in congress.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
I said before I didn't think he was stupid enough to do this but I'm starting to have my doubts.

First off, he followed very few people on Twitter, and it turns out a number he did follow were younger women.

Second, not long ago, he stated Cyber crimes were serious threats that needed to be dealt with. Yet now he seems less inclined to take what he initially said was work of hackers, as serious.

He has refused to answer questions and refused to say he didn't send the pic.

I think he did send it but meant for it to be a private follower to follower tweet. He accident clicked the wrong button. He soon realized this and deleted it, which was why it got found out/deleted so quickly.

I could be wrong but his actions and words so far make one inclined to think he did in fact do this.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
If his accounts were hacked, that is a crime that needs to be investigated.

Just a few words - Foley, Craig, Vitter, Ensign, Sanders - Weiner needs to get the same treatment these fellows received.

Quote:
He has refused to answer questions and refused to say he didn't send the pic.
I think the most damning of the presser was his refusal to deny it was a pic of his crotch.

He's already in for a pound of lies, might as well go all the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies