Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 06:19 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
You're right; we should let them all go on instinct, and get pregnant the instant it's possible ... oh, wait. That's what we're doing now. How about teaching them how to prevent pregnancy, why to prevent it, how to minimize the risk of getting and spreading STD's, ..

LOL. Your post was specifically about masturbation.

Why are you deflecting with all this other stuff - this background noise that had absolutely nothing to do with the post?

Anyway, absolutely children have to be taught how to prevent pregnancy and STDs. We're doing that.

Quote:
how to say no, how to accept "no" for an answer .
If you're encouraging children to rub each other, I doubt they are getting this message!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 06:20 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
problem is many parents don't teach their children about sex at any age. some parents are too embarrassed to teach sex ed to their children.
your approach is to allow children to be in the dark about what is happening around them? want them to be the last kid, anywhere to understand his own body and emotions?

as I said your op is just one of many about how horrible sex education in school is. I hope you take as vigilant attitude with violence, do you? violence has harmed more young minds than information about sex.

and 5 is not to young to have appropriate talks with your child about their body. that is the age most children play doctor. wanna put your head in the sand about that?
First of all, I do take a vigilant approach with my children regarding violence. That is why we watch very little TV in our house and it is carefully monitored. And that is why I scheduled a meeting to discuss my concerns about a very violent, graphic war book my 10 year old was assigned to read in school. I was told the exceptionally violent novel was selected by the school in order to dissuade the children from following in their fathers' footsteps and joining the military. But, that type of indoctrination is not the topic of this particular thread.

Secondly, "with your child" is a critical point you have made. I agree that when and what is taught to MY CHILD regarding something as personal as sex, should be between ME and MY CHILD - not some teacher, whose agenda may be any of a number of things or put more mildly, whose values may greatly differ from our family's.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:23 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
LOL. Your post was specifically about masturbation.

Why are you deflecting with all this other stuff - this background noise that had absolutely nothing to do with the post?

Anyway, absolutely children have to be taught how to prevent pregnancy and STDs. We're doing that.
Cherry-picking. I also said that children are sexual beings. Please read all the words kthxbai.

Judging by our results, we are not doing such a great job. Abstinence-only is a poor substitute for sex ed.

Quote:
If you're encouraging children to rub each other, I doubt they are getting this message!
It's patently obvious that your have a salacious turn of mind. No one said anything about children rubbing each others' private parts. How about a nice foot massage? Or do you equate that with fetishism?

Old 06-11-2011, 06:27 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:

How about a nice foot massage? Or do you equate that with fetishism?
It IS a SEX EDUCATION class.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:27 PM

18,396 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
First of all, I do take a vigilant approach with my children regarding violence. That is why we watch very little TV in our house and it is carefully monitored. And that is why I scheduled a meeting to discuss my concerns about a very violent, graphic war book my 10 year old was assigned to read in school. I was told the exceptionally violent novel was selected by the school in order to dissuade the children from following in their fathers' footsteps and joining the military. But, that type of indoctrination is not the topic of this particular thread.

Secondly, "with your child" is a critical point you have made. I agree that when and what is taught to MY CHILD regarding something as personal as sex, should be between ME and MY CHILD - not some teacher, whose agenda may be any of a number of things or put more mildly, whose values may greatly differ from our family's.
you are to be commended for being involved with your children and what they learn. your involvement is not the norm when it comes to sex education. which is why we have it in school. the parent that is not involved won't be involved anyway and the child is better off learning from school and an approved program than out on the playground.

a child will come to his own conclusions about sex and violence once they have gathered all the information, so even if the violent book was said to be taught so children wouldn't go off to war. for some children it may make them interested enough to look further into the subject and judge for themselves.

same thing with sex ed. school, what their parents teach them and the info they get from outside sources will determine what the child does with the info. hiding it from them is never the way.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:33 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,917 times
Quote:
Cherry-picking. I also said that children are sexual beings. Please read all the words kthxbai.

Judging by our results, we are not doing such a great job. Abstinence-only is a poor substitute for sex ed.
It sure is. That's why minors have access to birth control methods. And they're free if they can't afford to pay for them.

Quote:
It's patently obvious that your have a salacious turn of mind. No one said anything about children rubbing each others' private parts. How about a nice foot massage? Or do you equate that with fetishism?
No one said anything about children rubbing each others' private parts?

LOL...maybe you didn't read the article and perhaps none of the posts.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
It IS a SEX EDUCATION class.
NEWS FLASH: The whole body is involved in sex, and no, it's not appropriate to teach kindergartners to touch each others' private parts. However, it IS appropriate to teach them that non-erotic touch feels good.

When/if you and your husband have sex, is he permitted to touch you in non-genitalia areas during sex? If he is, then you are accepting that sex is a whole-body experience.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:37 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
This is why it is important for us in the United States to maintain sovereign control over our educational system and not get signed into UNESCO, the U.N.'s educational arm. There is a concerted, sinister effort to sexualize our children. Europeans may think this is fine. Most Americans don't. We are starting to see this infiltrate into the States. Those who deny it are either blind or trying to cover it up. Stay informed. Its not good.

The Local - Sex box row: minister won't get involved

"A guide contained in the sex boxes instructs kindergarten teachers to "show that contacting body parts can be pleasurable." It also recommends having children massage each other or to rub themselves with warm sand bags, all accompanied by soft music."

WARNING: Graphic
I am happy there was no sex education when I was a kid. That is going too far in my view. I want sexuality to remain something personal and private, not just another subject taught at school like maths
It's a bit similar to religion being taught at school, that I also consider a violation of my privacy.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:41 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I am happy there was no sex education when I was a kid. That is going too far in my view. I want sexuality to remain something personal and private, not just another subject taught at school like maths
It's a bit similar to religion being taught at school, that I also consider a violation of my privacy.
You don't want the State to grab hold of your privates?

Don't fly in the U.S.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
It sure is. That's why minors have access to birth control methods. And they're free if they can't afford to pay for them.
Having access without the requisite knowledge is useless. If they are being taught that abstinence is the only way to go, along with misinformation and outright lies about other birth control methods, what do you think the results will be?

Quote:
No one said anything about children rubbing each others' private parts?

LOL...maybe you didn't read the article and perhaps none of the posts.
Perhaps YOU did not read the article. The posts are irrelevant, mostly just "ZOMG! Won't someone think of the ChILDREN" pearl-clutching. Little added to the discussion in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies