Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:41 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times

Advertisements

Don't blame Walker, he was only following the orders of his Koch Brother Masters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 11:15 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Don't blame Walker, he was only following the orders of his Koch Brother Masters

guess obama is only following the orders of his master george soros.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:23 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Don't forget Goldman Sachs is also Obama's master. Obama follows their orders. Can anyone say bankster bonuses?

Old 06-29-2011, 07:48 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Was that what Glenn Beck was "teaching" this week?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:51 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,991 times
Default I am not a teacher but know many through professional associations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Typical, I challenge you on your saying things I didn't and you don't like being caught.

I was talking about teacher performance and you go on and on about "other thing".

It is not my fault you can't stay on message.

I have come to believe you are either a teacher, or are very close to one.

You are used to being in control of young minds and can't take anyone not agreeing with you.

Sorry if you are offended. That is not purpose. You never really addressed my position. It is very simple. People should get raises based on performance.

Have a good day.
If you re- read my posts and you will see that I have addressed your position to some degree though perhaps not as directly as you prefer. I do agree performance should be the main factor in raises. I have tried to add my opinion that the measurement of teacher performance, is not as simple and straightforward as many people believe so it is quite problematic to come up with an equitable measure. I also believe the graduate degrees, though again perhaps not directly, can improve an educator's ability to teach so the knowledge, and experience, attained while getting one has a real concrete worth.

I am sure you would say it's because of my supposed lack of comprehension, but the offense I may or may not take from you is from your rather harsh personal angle with ridiculous stuff like "You are used to being in control of young minds and can't take anyone not agreeing with you." I mean who could have a normal civilized discussion with that attitude present.

So I will try to also keep it simple even if the issues I addressed are an integral part of the union (in this case teachers' union) / entitlement argument.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Don't forget Goldman Sachs is also Obama's master. Obama follows their orders. Can anyone say bankster bonuses?
GS was Dubya's master too. Does that concern anyone out there?

If this is true, they are the masters of all, right and left.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
GS was Dubya's master too. Does that concern anyone out there?
When were record GS profits earned and bonus payouts made? Under Obama's admin.

Goldman Sachs Poised To Earn Record Profits
Goldman Sachs breaks record with $16.7bn bonus pot | Business | The Guardian

The rest of the country struggles but Obama's master, Goldman Sachs, makes record profits and pays out record bonuses to Wall Street banksters. Hmmm...

Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 AM

Default The rich get richer?

Quote:
When were record GS profits earned and bonus payouts made? Under Obama's admin.

Goldman Sachs Poised To Earn Record Profits
Goldman Sachs breaks record with $16.7bn bonus pot | Business | The Guardian

The rest of the country struggles but Obama's master, Goldman Sachs, makes record profits and pays out record bonuses to Wall Street banksters. Hmmm...
Oh I agree. The bailouts were questionable at best. Furthermore, GS supposedly earned 16 billion for their part in the 50 plus billion AIS package.

I am suggesting that, under the assumption that GS was the largest, or one of the largest contributors to Dubya and Obama's campaign, as has been suggested, that the bigger challenge facing us is not whether a democrat or a republican is in office. No. It may be that the attention of the government goes to the money. Perhaps the uber wealthy or whoever GS is and represents. Certainly not the Joe / Jane Plumbers, or Joe / Jane Six Packs, of the world.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Oh I agree.
You agree? Then why only point out Bush when Obama is far worse?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
You agree? Then why only point out Bush when Obama is far worse?
I am not only pointing Bush at least did not intend to. I am including them both. And yes these Obama term bailouts seem unprecedented so no argument with you there. Bottom line, IMO, is that the financial challenges we face go beyond any candidate, including B and O.

And I repeat..."I am suggesting that, under the assumption that GS was the largest, or one of the largest contributors to Dubya and Obama's campaign, as has been suggested, that the bigger challenge facing us is not whether a democrat or a republican is in office. No. It may be that the attention of the government goes to the money. Perhaps the uber wealthy or whoever GS is and represents. Certainly not the Joe / Jane Plumbers, or Joe / Jane Six Packs, of the world."

Put in Michelle Bachman, Mit Romney, Obama for another term. IMO, it does not matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies