Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Well, if those middle class folks were just smart enough to get a union job, they wouldn't be in that predicament.
yeah, the have no problem bankrupting the companies they work for and history has showed us that bankruptcy leads to prosperity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 01:00 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Mr. Floyd, if you do indeed work for the state of Cali. then you know as well as I do that there are people in your agency and the others as well that have floated to the top spots and are complete idiots who couldn't manage their way out of a damn paper bag. I work for the state of NJ and see it every single day, week after week, year after year. Some kiss azz weakling gets a promotion only to have to have ANOTHER person hired to do their job because they just can't do it. Be happy you're not one of those, I'm not either. I'm under paid, working OUT OF TITLE, have been for 6 1/2 years and our union says, "I know, they are F'd up, they do what they want".
Well I do indeed work for CA and I do know that there are some idiots in the system. But they are the exception, not the rule, IMO. There are many more qualified, educated and dedicated people in comparison. Anyway, there are idiots everywhere. In private industry. In public service. In politics. But this is not the reason to overhaul things. Is it?

Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think there may have been more Tea Partiers there than union thugs but surely the thugs chanted well, just like they practiced. There weren't many people there but sure not all of them were in on the chants.
Not a chance The only tea party thug that looked like was there had (of course) a misspelled sign and paper plates on it, classy

Old 06-27-2011, 01:19 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Well I do indeed work for CA and I do know that there are some idiots in the system. But they are the exception, not the rule, IMO. There are many more qualified, educated and dedicated people in comparison. Anyway, there are idiots everywhere. In private industry. In public service. In politics. But this is not the reason to overhaul things. Is it?
I bet it's worse than you are willing to admit. What I have witnessed working for the state of NJ is that most of these state workers are borderline retarded. They have mental issues and wouldn't last a week in private sector, that's why they work here. It's the patients running the asylum here. Nothing, I mean NOTHING that gets passed down to me is EVER right! I ALWAYS have to correct mistakes and fix someone else's F up. If I'm not fixing other people's mistakes, I'm doing the job multiple times because the people in charge are just dummies that refuse to learn. Maybe Cali.is different, but I doubt it.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:32 PM

23,568 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Default perf evaluations incompatible w/ tenure..

If the teachers' union thought well of its members and the teaching profession they would not equate time on the job with a teacher's value.

The union clearly proclaims that time is the only varibale that impacts the performance of teachers. A widget factory might claim the same practice for their assembly line workers. Equating a teacher to a widget worker is an insult to the teachers.

Thus performance evaluations for teachers are being resisted by the teachers's union because tenure is incompatible with performance evaluations.

What would they do if a 15 year on the job teacher had a poor evaluation compared to a teacher on the job for 6 months? Who does the union value? the poor performer.

The Dems are losing their economic lifeline made up of conscripted union dues. Times are desperate for the unions and Dems who have institutionalized taxpayer funded quid pro quo.

To have no confidence workers will join your union, if given the choice, speaks to the lack of value unions have to offer.

WI and SW are on the right track and the taxpayers of the nation applaud the recent success of the governor's plan.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:52 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The right are hilarious in this thread with all the lies they believe
The teachers in that state who have masters and grad school degrees make on average about 25k a year to start and the veteran teachers around 47K which is just national average wages. Those greedy union thugs
You started this post with lie, then you complain about others. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Looked like a bunch of classless people to me.

A question for you since you know so much about the pay in Wisc. If the starting salary is $25k, how much does the union require?
Do they scale the dues to match salaries?
Someone at $25k shouldn't pay the same as someone making say, $75k.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:05 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The right are hilarious in this thread with all the lies they believe
The teachers in that state who have masters and grad school degrees make on average about 25k a year to start and the veteran teachers around 47K which is just national average wages. Those greedy union thugs
You need to read a little closer: "overpaid labor". Johnny can't read. Those master and grad school degrees aren't translating into doing a better job. That is not a lie.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:08 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
What a bunch of cry baby hacks on the left, I loved Walker's smile the entire time.

You lost, get over it.
Oh, the irony and hypocrisy...With the way conservatives continue to whine about Obama to the point of creating the teabagger "movement".

Old 06-27-2011, 02:14 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
I think people need to recognize that for WI to even elect a republican tells you how much public outrage there is over some of the government spending in the state.

The people of WI will again get a chance to vote soon enough.

The actions of the governor have a lot of *quiet* support in that no one wants to be the unpopular guy saying to make cuts to the public payroll but when the ballot curtain closes......

Old 06-27-2011, 02:26 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Paid union thugs do not equal the popular vote of the state...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies