Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 03:26 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
You really only care about yourself. You are horrible.
I care about my fellow tax payers, not corrupt labor unions and if that makes me horrible then I'm proud to be horrible.

The left lost in WI and it's because the people of WI agree that labor unions are the scum of the Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 03:27 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I care about my fellow tax payers, not corrupt labor unions and if that makes me horrible then I'm proud to be horrible.

The left lost in WI and it's because the people of WI agree that labor unions are the scum of the Earth.
Funny how someone can be so wrong and so proud of it.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Speaking as someone who actually LIVES in Wisconsin.....if you actually believe that those who are protesting are "outsiders" I would tell you to wait and see what happens when the time comes when we can actually re-call the hated Walker. I have never seen my mild-mannered fellow Wisconsinites hate anyone as much as they hate Walker.
Will it be as impressive as when you guys kicked the righties out of the Supreme Court?

Liberalism in WI = Complete utter failure, maybe the *******s should sleep in the capital for a few more months... that seemed to work.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
What a bunch of cry baby hacks on the left, I loved Walker's smile the entire time.

You lost, get over it.
Just like you lost the HC debate. Get over that.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Funny how someone can be so wrong and so proud of it.
If you weren't wrong you would have a left leaning supreme court in WI right now. I know I'm right, you just need to accept it.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Just like you lost the HC debate. Get over that.
If it had been put to a vote the health care bill would have failed because the productive people of this country are smarter than the liberal idiots who live in some dream world where everything is roses and unicorn milk. At some point some conservative people have to step in and hand out a dose of reality then clean up the problem. That'll take place in 2012 once we wipe these mongrels out of the White House for a while. The health care debate was lost by the left and they still pushed it through against the will of the American people, why do you think so many lefties were sent packing in 2010?

You do remember 2010 righ? When the left lost all the power it squandered in the first place?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:32 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
When the woman who use to work for you now is the person in charge of counting and keeping the votes for a county...
When that woman has been reprimanded several times for keeping the voting information on HER PRIVATE COMPUTER and refusing to allow it to be examined.....
When a couple of days after an election WHERE PROSSER LOST that woman "suddenly discovers" 14,000 previously unseen, uncounted, mysterious ballots that gives the election to her former boss....
Gee....I guess that is what the corrupt right wings considers a victory.

It is like my son-in-law told his little league team yesterday. "If a team has to cheat in order to win, they already lost."

Old 06-27-2011, 03:35 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,039,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Do you honestly believe that only 1/3 of WI students are not intellectually impaired?

Again, the majority of students are not intellectually impaired. Many more should be able to meet bare-minimum grade-level proficiency standards. They do not.
The data I have found ranks Wisconsin schools as 8th best in the nation. As in 42 states are doing worse. Do you really think 'union busting' is gonna make this ranking go up? Really? Good luck with that. A teachers salary should be double the figure listed. A good teacher should make triple that amount. A poor teacher should be fired. There are problems with our public education system. The biggest one is not trying to attract the best possible teachers ... i.e. offering ridiculously low wages.
You get what you pay for ... and you just asked for less. Go figure.

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
When the woman who use to work for you now is the person in charge of counting and keeping the votes for a county...
When that woman has been reprimanded several times for keeping the voting information on HER PRIVATE COMPUTER and refusing to allow it to be examined.....
When a couple of days after an election WHERE PROSSER LOST that woman "suddenly discovers" 14,000 previously unseen, uncounted, mysterious ballots that gives the election to her former boss....
Gee....I guess that is what the corrupt right wings considers a victory.
Very true and we leaned this in 2000. When a republican loses, they just resort to dirty tricks and "find" ballots.

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Yes a Masters does not directly translate into being a better teacher. Just like passing the CPA exams does not make one a tax expert. But let's not oversimplify. It is estimated, in the aftermath of Leave no Child Behind, that testing has become something like 30% of a teacher's daily routine. If this is true, that's time away from teaching. And are the teacher's getting much help for this addtional duty? From what I understand...No! Is the administration's expectation of the teacher's different? No! They are expected to teach at the same level or higher. All this in the face of budget cuts / less resources, increased legal issues and a growing student population, including an increase in ESL (English as a Second Language) students.

There are many challenges in our education systems. The union activity is just one easily identified, cost related one. To think of it as the cause in educational decline, or its dissolution the solution for a municipalities fiscal woes is short sighted.

Lastly, there is constant talk of paying teachers based on student performance. While that might make sense theoretically, implementation is problematic at best...due to the many variables that need to be considered.
"Yes a Masters does not directly translate into being a better teacher". That is my point. If they are not better, why do they get more money?

If it doesn't make them a better teacher, what is the point of getting it?

I suggest you re-read my comment. I thought I made it clear NOTHING changed from no Master's to having a Master's. The items you mentioned were the same before AND after.

The rest of your straw man is has nothing to do with teachers getting automatic raises because the got a master's.

I do not want to rob this thread. I was only responding to the poster who was praising teachers with master's degree.

Your other issues are for another time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies