Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 03:37 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
When the woman who use to work for you now is the person in charge of counting and keeping the votes for a county...
When that woman has been reprimanded several times for keeping the voting information on HER PRIVATE COMPUTER and refusing to allow it to be examined.....
When a couple of days after an election WHERE PROSSER LOST that woman "suddenly discovers" 14,000 previously unseen, uncounted, mysterious ballots that gives the election to her former boss....
Gee....I guess that is what the corrupt right wings considers a victory.

It is like my son-in-law told his little league team yesterday. "If a team has to cheat in order to win, they already lost."
Here's one for you - "you have to fight fire with fire". The union thugs have been cheating for a looong time.

Although, in your example YOU ARE LYING. The Prosser election was NOT fraud. If you have proof otherwise, please share it. But if you don't then keep your lying conspiracy theories to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 03:39 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That was huge for an unknown candidate, that was down 33% in the primaries to just barely lose by .5% to a well known incumbent with massive financial backing (koch bros. included) is quite phenomenal.
Phenomenal financial backing for Prosser? Not sure where you're getting that incorrect info. Or maybe you're just making it up to suit your agenda.

Here are the actual facts:
High Stakes Justice: 2011 Wisconsin Supreme Court Race | Follow The Money
JAS - Press Releases

The union pukes put up a HUGE fight against Prosser, but couldn't unseat him so the WI TAXPAYERS won!

Old 06-27-2011, 03:39 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Looks like ol' Scotty doesn't have much longer in office, the people standing for liberty are still fired up

Protesters out in force at Devil

The boats at the beginning are great, also when he gets punked at 2:35 "You ought to be ashamed of yourself"

YouTube - ‪A Day At Devil's Lake With Scott Walker 6-25-11‬‏
The PEOPLE of Wisconsin are lucky (and they know it) to have Governor Walker. The rabble-rousers demonstrate, once again, their vacuous and vapid nature (and those are their good points).

When he prevails in Wisonconsin, he will then bring his virtue to the national stage for all of America to benefit.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I care about my fellow tax payers, not corrupt labor unions and if that makes me horrible then I'm proud to be horrible.

The left lost in WI and it's because the people of WI agree that labor unions are the scum of the Earth.
Apologies to scum, of course.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
The data I have found ranks Wisconsin schools as 8th best in the nation.
What data is that? I haven't seen any valid data that supports what you claim.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:06 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Yes a Masters does not directly translate into being a better teacher". That is my point. If they are not better, why do they get more money?

If it doesn't make them a better teacher, what is the point of getting it?

I suggest you re-read my comment. I thought I made it clear NOTHING changed from no Master's to having a Master's. The items you mentioned were the same before AND after.

The rest of your straw man is has nothing to do with teachers getting automatic raises because the got a master's.

I do not want to rob this thread. I was only responding to the poster who was praising teachers with master's degree.

Your other issues are for another time.
Geezus! I agreed with you on the Masters part as far as there is no direct correlation between having one and seeing student's grades rise (I don't need to re-read your post). What you made clear was that you don't believe a Masters make a better teacher based on student performance, I guess. But that possible lack of direct correlation does not mean they are not better teachers. It just may be an intangible that can't readily be measured. I think most of the general public, including yourself, over simplifies education and the challenges therein.

These education issues are relevant here in that this is about unions, and their supposed worth. If the unions don't keep better teachers (a fact we don't know) then maybe they are not useful. If they do protect better teachers, then the cost may be worth it. How on earth do you know whether they do or not?

Old 06-27-2011, 04:09 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I wonder what these nutty unions expect the next governor to do? Wisconsin can't print money so it has to make up for their budget shortfalls in some way.
Take back the tax breaks he gave the rich

Old 06-27-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
I think most of the general public, including yourself, over simplifies education and the challenges therein.
I'd like to know exactly how teachers can take normally intellectually functioning children and dumb so many of them down that 2/3 of them can't even meet basic proficiency levels.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:19 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
And give that money back to the rich labor unions so they can continue to support Democratic political candidates all over the country like they're supposed to!

Old 06-27-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You mean the tax breaks the WI DEMOCRATS criticized for being merely symbolic gestures?
Quote:
"Even though the tax cut bill he signed Monday and other agenda have garnered bipartisan support, Democratic critics say much of what Walker is doing is more symbolic than substantive."
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker signs tax cut bill into law | Appleton Post Crescent | postcrescent.com

The WI Democrats thought Walker should have granted even more tax breaks to attract businesses to WI and promote job growth. Imagine that, the WI Dems wanted the corporations' tax breaks to be more substantive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies