Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:55 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times

Advertisements

Isn't there some law that says when your child dies, accidental or not, you can't just put them in a garbage bag and throw them into a swamp?

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 08:09 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
I am as dissatisfied as everyone else, BUT, please remember, out justice system requires guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. They were unable to show where the child was murdered, when, or even how. They rolled out a lot of theories, but in all honesty, no smoking gun, and nothing bu coincidence, and circumstance.

The true tragedy, a child is dead.. Maybe one day we will have the answers, but today, no proof, no answers.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:09 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
I heard the instructions I followed the trial. We live in a morally bankrupt nation. These jurors are representative of that morally bankrupt society. These jurors have now become criminals themselves. They are criminals in the eyes of karma. The only excuse they have is progressive dogma, soulless, or dysfunctional intelligence.
Rather than blame the jurors, blame the prosecution for not making a better case with some real evidence. The jurors had no choice but to acquit because the prosecution failed to prove guilt.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:14 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
A country which revels in the "rights" conferred by Roe vs Wade has no business criticizing a young woman who, after all, made the 'choice' to rid herself of her child, who was probably annoying her and restricting her lifestyle...

Old 07-05-2011, 08:16 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I had no opinion either way of Casey Anthony's guilt or innocence in this specific case. I did not follow the trial, therefore, I have no judgement of the jury's verdict. My comment was directed at all of those people who were glued to the coverage of this trial like it was a spectator sport when there are so many other nameless, faceless child who meet the same fate as Caylee Anthony did whether it was at the hands of a parent, caretaker or a stranger.
as you stated earlier caylee was a white girl, and people go all crazy when its a white girl or female.

this stuff happens every day.

i think it surprises some whites that it was a white person who committed the murder, even though this happens every day among whites as well.

people are naive and dumb. thats how ill sum it up.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I largely avoided most of the trial frenzy but from what I saw, I would say it's very despicable. Casey Anthony was effectively being tried in the media as well and it seemed like the media wanted to issue a guilty verdict for her. And what of the people? The people had this very dangerous mindset of guilty before innocent. To me, it shows of why we need an Electoral College for our elections, and why direct democracy is bad, dangerous, and will result in mob rule. The Founders were right when they said that the people will be subject to the whims and thoughts of society and it will intervere with fair, effective governance. This trial proved to me, that society at large, still is subject to those same whims that the Founders talked about. I'm very glad we have the Electoral College and that we're a representative democracy. Whatever you feel about the verdict, the fact that the prosecution tried to prosecute based on emotion and gut feeling is very unprofessional and tyrannical
absolutely

Old 07-05-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Rather than blame the jurors, blame the prosecution for not making a better case with some real evidence. The jurors had no choice but to acquit because the prosecution failed to prove guilt.
Exactly. It's sad that this concept is over the heads of so many.

Some around here are looking for ropes for the jurors.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Go to the MSN page and look at this little fools giggling face right now. This is one evil bit.h! Time to party!
She may be a lot of things, but the prosecution failed to prove she is guilty of first degree murder.

Jurors are bound by law, not morality.

Talk about morality all you want but I think it is immoral to convict someone without proof, which is what you are advocating.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Exactly. It's sad that this concept is over the heads of so many.

Some around here are looking for ropes for the jurors.
Let's ship them to Mexico where this kind of sham concept of justice they want is common practice

Old 07-05-2011, 08:30 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
I'm not familiar with that case but surely you don't think it has any bearing on this one, right? Different state, different jury, different judge, different circumstantial evidence, different everything, different case. If the prosecutors got Peterson without a shred of physical evidence then they were better at their job then the Anthony prosecutors were.

I realize it's an emotional thing, I'm a parent, I get it... and as I said, the circumstantial evidence is enough for me to make a judgement of guilty. But I hold the Criminal Justice System to a higher standard, as should we all.

At the end of the day, the Prosecution failed to prove her guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt. That doesn't mean she's "innocent", but that's the standard of the law and if you are ever wrongfully accused of a crime you'll be glad that is the standard.
WRONG, it's beyond a REASONABLE doubt, and they accomplished that. I think the prosecution did an outstanding job. I will forever blame the jury - who are too cowardly to face the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies