Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why not?

BTW...that's a pretty good piece. Didn't know about that.

Wow.
It's always been about government control but their so brazen about it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If you have pain and it takes away the pain, technically that is medicating the pain. Regardless of what medical properties marijuana has, it is stupid to make a plant illegal.
I still don't understand why folks can't get it through their thick ass heads that outlawing a natural plant is as stupid as stupid gets.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:45 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times
Quote:
I still don't understand why folks can't get it through their thick ass heads that outlawing a natural plant is as stupid as stupid gets.

A gang of outlaw cannabis and their buds went on a violent crime spree today. Local authorities believe these incidents are not random but an organized effort to bring down society as we know it by Powerful Hemp Crime Lords.

Sherriff Sam said today, "We'll get these varmints! No group of plants are going to get away with crumbling society on my watch!"

More on this developing story on News 9 Tonite.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Have anything factual to support that? For instance, why is it we hear so many chemo patients state marijuana both gives them an appetite and calms nausea like no other medication?
They say it because they like to get high. Offer them pot where THC has been removed, and they'd be using something else for the pain. Now, if the question was about patient's right to get high if that makes them happier, then we could have a serious point, but to sell pot as a medicine which cannot be replaced by something else is bogus.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
It's beyond stupid. I can understand outlawing crack or meth, but a plant that grow naturally in all 50 states? If we are going to get into the business of outlawing plants, why not poison ivy? That makes more sense.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:49 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,559 times
Default Pun intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Good, patriotic, obedient Americans will accept the decision and remain quiet.
That my friend seems like a loaded response...if you will.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:52 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,559 times
Isn't hemp, so widely used for rope and clothing, different from the super charged pot being sold today?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:52 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's beyond stupid. I can understand outlawing crack or meth, but a plant that grow naturally in all 50 states? If we are going to get into the business of outlawing plants, why not poison ivy? That makes more sense.

Very good point! I mean after all if you burn it, and inhale any of the vapors it can kill you!

Old 07-11-2011, 01:54 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
TY for that info. I didn't know the administration reversed itself on one of the few things I thought they were right about.

I'll bet many of us know people who've tried to stay legal by using the prescription THC [Marinol ?], but for some reason the real stuff works better.

Shame on the DEA.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:56 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They say it because they like to get high. Offer them pot where THC has been removed, and they'd be using something else for the pain. Now, if the question was about patient's right to get high if that makes them happier, then we could have a serious point, but to sell pot as a medicine which cannot be replaced by something else is bogus.

So they catch a buzz? Big deal. Nice perk when you're suffering. And everything else has a lot more serious side-effects, and potential for abuse or overdose. You cannot overdose on pot, but you can on just about every OTHER substance legal or illegal! Given the choice I'll settle for a buzz and the munchies with no other adverse side-effects over the other synthetic crap out there thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies