Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristycs View Post
What does that mean!
It means that the public is now realizing that there is overwhelming support for legalization/decriminalization. Things are being put into place to strike down the party lines and create one voting force to end the War on Drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 11:36 AM

4 posts, read 3,587 times
Well I bet Texas will be the last state to comply if that does happen....

Last edited by kristycs; 02-16-2013 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-16-2013, 11:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristycs View Post
Well I bet Texas will be the last state to comply of that does happen....
You can count Ohio in with that. We couldn't even get medical weed on the ballot here!

Old 02-16-2013, 11:39 AM

62 posts, read 109,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Which is the cause and which is the result? Nice or pot?

Do only nice people smoke or does smoking make average people nice?
It chills out high strung people and relaxes those that are constantly angry. I cannot grasp how it could have "no medical purpose". Even if the effects are strictly palliative, I don't see what is wrong with improving quality of life. It's not that other drugs aren't available, rather that the cocktail of different pills one needs to take to relieve multiple different symptoms can be far more dangerous than any marijuana effects. There isn't a single magic pill out there that will relieve pain, relax ones mind, get rid of nausea, stimulate appetite, and even allow one to get some sleep when they normally wouldn't be able to.

And if people want to use it for intoxication, what is wrong with having an alternative to alcohol which is much less toxic, and has a lighter set of effects? The biggest difference being their is, for all intents and purposes, no hangover from weed.

The FDA is supposed to evaluate things based on safety and effectiveness, they are not supposed to act like they are some sort of medical authority.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
It chills out high strung people and relaxes those that are constantly angry. I cannot grasp how it could have "no medical purpose". Even if the effects are strictly palliative, I don't see what is wrong with improving quality of life. It's not that other drugs aren't available, rather that the cocktail of different pills one needs to take to relieve multiple different symptoms can be far more dangerous than any marijuana effects. There isn't a single magic pill out there that will relieve pain, relax ones mind, get rid of nausea, stimulate appetite, and even allow one to get some sleep when they normally wouldn't be able to.

And if people want to use it for intoxication, what is wrong with having an alternative to alcohol which is much less toxic, and has a lighter set of effects? The biggest difference being their is, for all intents and purposes, no hangover from weed.

The FDA is supposed to evaluate things based on safety and effectiveness, they are not supposed to act like they are some sort of medical authority.
For the most part you're right about no hangover. Mixed with alcohol and there have been a few times where I woke up the next morning with my brain feeling like scrambled eggs. LOL!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post

once my head almost exploded from to much red wine , not once have i ever got a hangover from cannabis..

Old 02-17-2013, 06:33 AM

The government is a liar.

Pharmaceutical Drugs Based on Cannabis - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
PSP: Feds say marijuana has no medical purpose - Medical marijuana ruling (http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Lifes...entid=29429076 - broken link)

What diseases does pot cure? What symptoms does it treat that there are not already regulated drugs on the market to treat?

The fact is, that pot is used as a recreational drug far more than it is used medicinally. If that weren't so, it, probably would be legalized but it is so. What percentage of pot users use recreationally compared to for medical reasons?

Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I am not a pro-pot legalization proponent but I find the hypocrisy astounding that on one hand the DEA is granting licenses to Big Pharma to produce medical marijuana and on the other the FDA claiming it has no medicinal use. It's all about the $$.

DEA allows big pharma to grow pot
No it's about regulation. The fact is the #1 use for pot, by a landslide, is to get high. What needs to be done is to isolate the compounds in pot that people claim to have medicinal purposes and market those sans the ones that get you high. BUT, my guess is people won't want that because this is really about getting high.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
What diseases does pot cure? What symptoms does it treat that there are not already regulated drugs on the market to treat?

The fact is, that pot is used as a recreational drug far more than it is used medicinally. If that weren't so, it, probably would be legalized but it is so. What percentage of pot users use recreationally compared to for medical reasons?
First off, it doesn't matter if its used recreationally or for medical reasons.

As far as what it cures, nothing that I know of. What does it treat? Many things. Anxiety, depression, loss of appetite, nausea, insomnia, cancer, tumors. I'm sure there's more.

As far as why its better than pharma drugs, because there's no risk of death.

But don't worry, it'll be legal soon. Whether you like it or not. I'd love to blow a big cloud in your face. Recreationally that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies