Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 12:40 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,002,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I've never been to a parade mainly because they don't have any where i'm from but i've never felt the need too... i don't see anything wrong with them either.
C'mon. They're in your world not mine and I know more of them than you do? I'm sure you can youtube them and explain them to me. BTW, I lived in SF and never went to one either. Only saw news coverage. So I'm sure you're in a better position to view these parades and explain them to me than I am.

Maybe if you view one of these parades it will answer your question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 12:42 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
C'mon. They're in your world not mine and I know more of them than you do? I'm sure you can youtube them and explain them to me.
they're not in my world. i live in a small town in north dakota. I've never been too one. Why would ever gay person attend a pride parade? do all straight people go to florida for spring break? I'm seen some on youtube, i guess they have too do with having pride since unlike straight people, we are shamed on a daily basis for society for being born homosexual and it's point is too celebrate having pride in who you are.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:01 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,340,314 times
Who cares if your promiscuous or not? I rather enjoy the sexual liberation of gay culture.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:07 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,002,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Who cares if your promiscuous or not? I rather enjoy the sexual liberation of gay culture.
Are you gay yourself?

Old 07-19-2011, 03:04 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,340,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Are you gay yourself?
Yes

Old 07-19-2011, 06:02 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,715 times
I seriously believe it titialles homophobes to think about it. Human sexuality is normal and this is the only way they can around their repression.

It is no different than the Jim Crow laws. When you come down to it, those were to protect the white majority and their fear of sex between people of different races. It was an obsessin with whites and it excieted them to think of it. It proved unfounded and this straight obsession with gay sex is no different - it is a straight sexual obsession.

1955 Va Supreme Court, Naim v. Naim justified segregation: "...to preserve the racial integrity of its citizens...'' prevent "...the corruption of blood...” with “...a mongrel breed of citizens...” and “...the obliteration of racial pride...”

Conservatives need to get it on and get over it.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:21 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,502 times
Quote:
I'm 34 and i'm gay and i've only been with one guy and that was four years ago and i've been out since age 25, known i was gay since i was a child and i an NOT ugly, as a matter of fact i've been told I'm one of the best looking gay guys in my community.

I happen to believe that sex is meant to be with someone you actually love and i am deeply spiritual and believe that sex is not the main purpose in life. I do not LOOK DOWN on people who have sex with lots of people, i just think that we have different beliefs.

Yet for some reason i can't donate blood and i'm told that i'm a 'pervert' by people on discussion boards the very second i reveal that i'm gay and it's assumed that i have aids etc.
Men generally have higher sex drives than women*. So when you have a bunch of people with high(er) sex drives who are attracted to people who also have high sex drives, you tend to get people who have a lot of sex. So there is some truth in the stereotype.

But as you stated, not all gay men are promiscuous. I think a lot of the stereotype comes from social conservatives, especially the religious ones. Since they view gay sex as inherently deviant, it makes perfect sense that they would frequently indulge in this deviant behavior. Also, look at the accusations of some of the more hysterical opponents of homosexuality. They seem to constantly seem to imagine these colorful scenarios filled with gay scat orgies dripping with pee in quite elaborate detail or talk about the risk homosexuals pose to small children (either via "conversion" or molestation). In their mind there is little difference between a shy gay man and some dude who knows every gloryhole within 30 miles or stable, adult gay couple and a child molester.

*I know someone will come in here and say that women enjoy sex as much as men. This is true, however, there is a difference between enjoyment of sex and the drive to have it. There are plenty of things I really enjoy, but I don't really go out of my way to do them, but my natural instincts drive me to do comparatively less enjoyable things because it is naturally hardwired into me.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:40 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
they're not in my world. i live in a small town in north dakota. I've never been too one. Why would ever gay person attend a pride parade? do all straight people go to florida for spring break? I'm seen some on youtube, i guess they have too do with having pride since unlike straight people, we are shamed on a daily basis for society for being born homosexual and it's point is too celebrate having pride in who you are.
If you feel you are "shamed daily", the only person who can get you beyond that attitude is you, yourself. We have no control over what other people think; we can only learn to control our own attitudes. Just accept yourself for who you are and sc**w what anyone else may think. It's their problem, not yours.

As to your question, I don't think all straight people believe all male homosexuals to be promiscuous. Males, especially when they are young, have a much higher sex drive than females. When homosexual males--speaking of younger ones, here--are seeking uncommitted sexual encounters, as may occur in a gay bar, their targets are other homosexual males with the same goal--easy sex in an uncommitted encounter.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:44 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
I'm 34 and i'm gay and i've only been with one guy and that was four years ago and i've been out since age 25, known i was gay since i was a child and i an NOT ugly, as a matter of fact i've been told I'm one of the best looking gay guys in my community.

I happen to believe that sex is meant to be with someone you actually love and i am deeply spiritual and believe that sex is not the main purpose in life. I do not LOOK DOWN on people who have sex with lots of people, i just think that we have different beliefs.

Yet for some reason i can't donate blood and i'm told that i'm a 'pervert' by people on discussion boards the very second i reveal that i'm gay and it's assumed that i have aids etc.
1. Statistically, AIDS has spread among homosexual men. That is simply a fact.

2. What impression are people supposed to have? Watch any "PRIDE" parade? Look at the costumes, or lack thereof.

3. Anyone that has sex outside of marriage is promiscuous.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:46 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
I don't see a lot of heterosexuals hiding out in public restrooms or parks looking for a "quickie".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies