Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
they're not in my world. i live in a small town in north dakota. I've never been too one. Why would ever gay person attend a pride parade? do all straight people go to florida for spring break? I'm seen some on youtube, i guess they have too do with having pride since unlike straight people, we are shamed on a daily basis for society for being born homosexual and it's point is too celebrate having pride in who you are.
If you live in a small town in NO Dekota why don't you just move to a more diverse area?

You seem to love to post about how you feel mistreated, etc. Guess what, we all live with being mis-treated? As somenoe said: ugly people get discriminated agaist, so do fat people, old people, people from the small southern states, bible thumpers, those who do not believe in the Bible, I could go on and on. Only you can do something about you enviornment.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
The media doesn't help either. Remember ***** as Folk? That was like a propaganda for the anti-gay crowd.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:24 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
I'm 34 and i'm gay and i've only been with one guy and that was four years ago and i've been out since age 25, known i was gay since i was a child and i an NOT ugly, as a matter of fact i've been told I'm one of the best looking gay guys in my community.

I happen to believe that sex is meant to be with someone you actually love and i am deeply spiritual and believe that sex is not the main purpose in life. I do not LOOK DOWN on people who have sex with lots of people, i just think that we have different beliefs.

Yet for some reason i can't donate blood and i'm told that i'm a 'pervert' by people on discussion boards the very second i reveal that i'm gay and it's assumed that i have aids etc.
I wouldn't call you a pervert but the vast majority of your community routinely engage in a lifestyle that exposes them to substantial risk. Life is what it is.

BTW if you really are 25 and really have only had one gay relationship in your life.................what makes you sure you're gay?

source

Quote:
Dr. Neil Whitehead and Briar Whitehead state regarding various cultures: "If homosexuality were significantly influenced by genes, it would appear in every culture, but in twenty-nine of seventy-nine cultures surveyed by Ford and Beach in 1952, homosexuality was rare or absent."[1]

Dr. Tahir I. Jaz, M.D., Winnipeg, Canada states: "The increasing claims of being "born that way" parallels the rising political activism of homosexual organisations, who politicise the issue of homosexual origins . In the 1970s, approximately ten percent of homosexuals claimed to be "born homosexual" according to a large scale survey....However, in a survey in the 1980s, with the homosexual rights movement increasingly becoming active, thirty-five percent claimed to be born that way.[2]

In 1980 a study was published in the American Journal of Psychiatry which stated that eleven former homosexual men became heterosexuals "without explicit treatment and/or long-term psychotherapy" through their participation in a Pentecostal church.[3]

In regards to homosexual couples and domestic violence, a recent study by the Canadian government states that "violence was twice as common among homosexual couples compared with heterosexual couples".[4] Also, according the American College of Pediatricians who cite several studies, "Violence among homosexual partners is two to three times more common than among married heterosexual couples."[5]

Regarding homosexuality and promiscuity, in 2004 the Baptist Press reported the following: "A new study by a group of University of Chicago researchers reveals a high level of promiscuity and unhealthy behavior among that city's homosexual male population. According to the researchers, 42.9 percent of homosexual men in Chicago's Shoreland area have had more than 60 sexual partners, while an additional 18.4 percent have had between 31 and 60 partners...As a result, 55.1 percent of homosexual males in Shoreland -- known as Chicago's "gay center" -- have at least one sexually transmitted disease, researchers said."[6]

In September of 2006, the Agape Press reported the following:

“ A survey by The Advocate, a homosexual magazine, revealed that promiscuity is a reality among homosexuals. The poll found that 20 percent of homosexuals said they had had 51-300 different sex partners in their lifetime, with an additional 8 percent having had more than 300.
Unprotected homosexual sex is also a concern among health professionals. A survey in Ireland by the Gay Men's Health Project found that almost half of homosexuals said they were having unprotected sex....

The fact that many homosexuals appear to live their lives in sexual overdrive does not seem to concern leaders in the movement. In an editorial from the same issue (August 15) in which the survey results were published, The Advocate said: "[Homosexuals] have been proud leaders in the sexual revolution that started in the 1960s, and we have rejected attempts by conservatives to demonize that part of who we are."[7]

In November of 2007 the news organization One News Now reported the following regarding Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth remarks about the spread of AIDS via male homosexual promiscuity and a conference on AIDS featuring Pastor Rick Warren and Senator Hillary Clinton:

“ Pro-family activist Peter LaBarbera says he shares Pastor Warren's desire to fight the spread of HIV/AIDS but wonders what solutions a politician who is an ardent supporter of the homosexual agenda has to offer in combating the disease. "He says that he's a co-belligerent with people who he disagrees with on other issues," notes LaBarbera, "[so] I guess the question would be: does he disagree strongly with Hillary Clinton's approach to homosexuality and even the AIDS crisis?"
Although he admits he is skeptical of what solutions a defender of the homosexual lifestyle like Clinton has to offer churches for fighting the HIV/AIDS crisis, the activist is calling on Warren and Clinton to use the upcoming summit to tackle the problem of homosexual promiscuity, which often results in HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.

"We have homosexual bath houses operating in major cities across this nation," LaBarbera notes. "These are places where men go for anonymous sexual liaisons with other men. They're bringing the HIV virus back to innocent women, because some of these men do not identify as 'gay' and they're even married. So what about that aspect of the AIDS crisis?"[8]

In 2003, LifeSite reported the following regarding a Amsterdam study:

“ As Canada and several U.S. states move toward the legalization of so-called homosexual "marriage," a new study has found that homosexual partnerships last, on average, only one-and-a-half years.
The study is based on the health records of young Dutch homosexuals by Dr. Maria Xiridou of the Amsterdam Municipal Health Service and published in the May issue of the journal AIDS. It also found that men in homosexual relationships have an average of eight partners a year outside their main partnership, adding more evidence to the "stereotype" that homosexuals tend to be promiscuous.[9][10]

Regarding Homosexuality and health, of newly diagnosed HIV infections in the United States during the year 2003, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 63% were among men who were infected through sexual contact with other men.[11]

A 1997 CDC report found that among homosexuals who had unprotected anal intercourse and multiple sexual partners, 68 percent were entirely unaware of the HIV status of their partners.[12]

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated the following regarding syphilis in the United States: "While surveillance data are not available by risk behavior, a separate CDC analysis suggests that approximately 64 percent of all adult P&S syphilis cases in 2004 were among men who have sex with men, up from an estimated 5 percent in 1999...."[13]........

Old 07-19-2011, 10:28 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
The media doesn't help either. Remember ***** as Folk? That was like a propaganda for the anti-gay crowd.
The media doesn't help? What about the hundreds of pro-gay programming found on TV today? What about all of the shows today with a pro-gay theme or with only gay cast members?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:33 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I don't see a lot of heterosexuals hiding out in public restrooms or parks looking for a "quickie".
I hate to burst your bubble but about 90% of the men who cruise rest stops for quickies are "straight" guys. If you dont believe me, just pull up to a few cars and see how many wedding rings you spot.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
I wouldn't call you a pervert but the vast majority of your community routinely engage in a lifestyle that exposes them to substantial risk. Life is what it is.

BTW if you really are 25 and really have only had one gay relationship in your life.................what makes you sure you're gay?

source
And what about the AIDS crisis in third world countries that is far more pronounced and is spread by straight men from village to village? Why not bring that up as a counter-point? All unprotected sex, whether vaginal or anal, is a RISK!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:39 AM

898 posts, read 827,796 times
Wow, the gay agenda on parade! Right, "90%" of the restroom cruisers are straight. Well, if they were straight they wouldn't be cruising for homosexual sex now, would they?? And how would you know one way or the other? Are you cruising for gay sex and looking in cars for men with wedding rings???

Nothing like made up facts from a homo.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:39 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It'll never happen because a dedicated sexual relations forum would enrage the gay CD members who are on a mission to force "gay" into every conversation and thread on this forum. A "gay" forum would be basically be a sign that homosexuality isn't normal and has to be treated differently or special... and not a good special, because special treatment is the ultimate goal.
we have separate forums for car talk, sports, religion, food, exercise, even "Funny Talk" so why not "Gay Talk"????

i think you are correct, they want the gay conversations to be among other people, to spread the word of the struggles of the gay lifestyle, as if i care who anyone sleeps with, or whether the pitch, catch, or asspire to do both.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times
The deviant public antics at events like the "Up Your Alley" and "Folsom Street" Fairs don't do much towards garnering the support of John and Jane Q Public.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I'm 34 and i'm gay and i've only been with one guy and that was four years ago and i've been out since age 25, known i was gay since i was a child and i an NOT ugly, as a matter of fact i've been told I'm one of the best looking gay guys in my community.

I happen to believe that sex is meant to be with someone you actually love and i am deeply spiritual and believe that sex is not the main purpose in life. I do not LOOK DOWN on people who have sex with lots of people, i just think that we have different beliefs.

Yet for some reason i can't donate blood and i'm told that i'm a 'pervert' by people on discussion boards the very second i reveal that i'm gay and it's assumed that i have aids etc.
Hey Im a 31 year old gay man who has been in a monogamous relationship for the past 6 1/2 years. However, I did get around when I was a young man and Im not ashamed of it. Sex is a wonderful thing and if both parties are willing, are safe and are single, what is the harm? Who cares what other people think!! Isnt that what coming out of the closet is all about?

What about all the single women who are called sluts, tramps, etc. just because they dare to have pre-marital sex? The US needs to get over its sexual hang ups, whether gay or straight. Its sad that in this day and age women get called sluts for sex while men are called studs (and I say this as a man)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies