Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 08:46 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times

Advertisements

Men are generally promiscious. Why would gay men be any different? No one can say "all" - but we can generalize/stereotype with great accuracy and say "Yes" Gay & Straight men are promiscious (face it, when we are young, getting laid is all we thought about). A man (again, whether gay or straight) who has had only one lover is (by far) the exception, not the rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 09:27 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm 34 and i'm gay and i've only been with one guy and that was four years ago and i've been out since age 25, known i was gay since i was a child and i an NOT ugly, as a matter of fact i've been told I'm one of the best looking gay guys in my community.

I happen to believe that sex is meant to be with someone you actually love and i am deeply spiritual and believe that sex is not the main purpose in life. I do not LOOK DOWN on people who have sex with lots of people, i just think that we have different beliefs.

Yet for some reason i can't donate blood and i'm told that i'm a 'pervert' by people on discussion boards the very second i reveal that i'm gay and it's assumed that i have aids etc.
I have always had the impression that Gay single guys, that is, those NOT involved in a monogamous relationship, were much like their Straight counterparts. Always on the hunt and racking up scores.

And I find nothing particularly wrong with that. Its fun to be promiscuous, especially when you are young.

However, there are always those, Gay or Straight, that put more energy into monogamy. Certainly nothing wrong with that.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:35 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
I need to change the fuel filter in my truck, install a new light switch in the kitchen and cut the grass... in addition to those 3 things there are about 9 million other things that I think about before I even begin to think about why gay people do things that they do. For some reason gay people, especially on CD honestly believe that the entire population of the world spends most of their day worried about what gay people do and why and that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Pay your taxes, don't drink and drive and don't try to force rules or regulations on my life... that's all I really care about.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:39 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
I'm 34 and i'm gay and i've only been with one guy and that was four years ago and i've been out since age 25, known i was gay since i was a child and i an NOT ugly, as a matter of fact i've been told I'm one of the best looking gay guys in my community.

I happen to believe that sex is meant to be with someone you actually love and i am deeply spiritual and believe that sex is not the main purpose in life. I do not LOOK DOWN on people who have sex with lots of people, i just think that we have different beliefs.

Yet for some reason i can't donate blood and i'm told that i'm a 'pervert' by people on discussion boards the very second i reveal that i'm gay and it's assumed that i have aids etc.
Can we please get a forums for discussions about human sexual relations? Some gay man gets a hang nail and we have to have a thread about it. Why? Well, because he was gay, that's why.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:43 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:

There'll always be ignorant, bigoted people in this world.....

Old 07-19-2011, 09:44 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Can we please get a forums for discussions about human sexual relations? Some gay man gets a hang nail and we have to have a thread about it. Why? Well, because he was gay, that's why.
It'll never happen because a dedicated sexual relations forum would enrage the gay CD members who are on a mission to force "gay" into every conversation and thread on this forum. A "gay" forum would be basically be a sign that homosexuality isn't normal and has to be treated differently or special... and not a good special, because special treatment is the ultimate goal.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:53 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I don't see a lot of heterosexuals hiding out in public restrooms or parks looking for a "quickie".
This is true.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
This is true.
Speak for yourselves.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:01 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:

Well, there are some activities (clubs, anonymous sex, bathhouses, and a few others) that lend support to this idea. But it's crazy to think that all gay people are involved in that kind of stuff, because there's a huge amount of diversity amongst gay people, just as is there is in any group.

You are who you are, and you know the saying about assumptions...

Old 07-19-2011, 10:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:

Maybe it is because some of our gay freinds have told us this. I doubt many have called you a pervert; some may have said you are really hung up on this gay crap though and why can't you give blood? you know the answer to that.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies