Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:45 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
I hate to burst your bubble but about 90% of the men who cruise rest stops for quickies are "straight" guys. If you dont believe me, just pull up to a few cars and see how many wedding rings you spot.
So you hang out at these restrooms to know this? If a man is looking for sex with another man he is Homosexual. Straight men do not look for sex with men, thats just a Homosexual fantasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 10:46 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
Its sad that in this day and age women get called sluts for sex while men are called studs (and I say this as a man)!
To be fair, a lock that opens to any key is a bad lock, but a key that opens many locks is a good key. (And I say this as a female!)

All in all, men as species (yes, I said it) are generally more promiscuous than females. So it would only make sense that people would think gay males are overly promiscuous. However, in application, I see more promiscuity amongst my heterosexual friends over gay friends... and I see more promiscuity amongst my bisexual friends over my heterosexual friends.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:46 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
You can't donate blood because of the AIDS issue. Not because you are a pervert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm 34 and i'm gay and i've only been with one guy and that was four years ago and i've been out since age 25, known i was gay since i was a child and i an NOT ugly, as a matter of fact i've been told I'm one of the best looking gay guys in my community.

I happen to believe that sex is meant to be with someone you actually love and i am deeply spiritual and believe that sex is not the main purpose in life. I do not LOOK DOWN on people who have sex with lots of people, i just think that we have different beliefs.

Yet for some reason i can't donate blood and i'm told that i'm a 'pervert' by people on discussion boards the very second i reveal that i'm gay and it's assumed that i have aids etc.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:51 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,171,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
To be fair, a lock that opens to any key is a bad lock, but a key that opens many locks is a good key. (And I say this as a female!)

All in all, men as species (yes, I said it) are generally more promiscuous than females. So it would only make sense that people would think gay males are overly promiscuous. However, in application, I see more promiscuity amongst my heterosexual friends over gay friends... and I see more promiscuity amongst my bisexual friends over my heterosexual friends.

Then, they too will become statistics.

source

Quote:
American scientist: gays die younger than smokers
by Staff Writer, PinkNews.co.uk for PinkNews.co.uk
4 April 2007, 10:59am
In Norway, married heterosexual men died at an average age of 77 and the 31 gay men at 52.
A study says that marriage for gay men and lesbians is more dangerous than smoking.

The Family Research Institute, a Colorado based think-tank well-known for their anti-gay views, studied same-sex marriages in Denmark and Norway.

It claims that engaging in “homosexual behaviour†reduces life span by up to 24 years.

In contrast, the lifespan of a smoker is only 7 years shorter than that of a non-smoker...........

Old 07-19-2011, 11:03 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Then, they too will become statistics.

source
I'd prefer to read the study itself - along with the documentation about how the statistics were gathered and such. From various documents I've read, the gentleman who performed the study has been numerously accused of being misleading with statistics and charged as academically dishonest.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:14 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
I'm 34 and i'm gay and i've only been with one guy and that was four years ago and i've been out since age 25, known i was gay since i was a child and i an NOT ugly, as a matter of fact i've been told I'm one of the best looking gay guys in my community.

I happen to believe that sex is meant to be with someone you actually love and i am deeply spiritual and believe that sex is not the main purpose in life. I do not LOOK DOWN on people who have sex with lots of people, i just think that we have different beliefs.

Yet for some reason i can't donate blood and i'm told that i'm a 'pervert' by people on discussion boards the very second i reveal that i'm gay and it's assumed that i have aids etc.
I have never heard that gay people are promiscuous.
Donating blood has Nothing to do with them thinking you are promiscuous. It has to do with the way you have sex and the possible outcome from it that can be in your blood you are put in a high risk category. It is a Medical reason not a personal reason.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I'd prefer to read the study itself - along with the documentation about how the statistics were gathered and such. From various documents I've read, the gentleman who performed the study has been numerously accused of being misleading with statistics and charged as academically dishonest.
Of course he has. The reality is politics "taints" scientific research. The nllfs is an organization that published a study of the children of lesbian couples. Their findings were that lebian mothers are better mothers than heterosexual women. They concluded the children of lesbians are better adjusted than those raised by heterosexuals. What's more they concluded there are no issues whatsoever with lesbian raised children even in divorce. Remarkable. It was also reported "as fact" without any questioning of the data.

No one ever questioned this organization, it's researchers, it's fundings, nothing. At one point they had the research paper open on their website. It's well they no longer allow that because I read the research. It was a crappy study. To call this study junk science is something of an understatement. The control groups weren't matched for either educational attainment, social class, or region of country.

None of this was questioned because the mainstream media has already made up it's "collective mind" so to speak.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:34 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Donating blood has Nothing to do with them thinking you are promiscuous. It has to do with the way you have sex and the possible outcome from it that can be in your blood you are put in a high risk category. It is a Medical reason not a personal reason.
At least 40% of heterosexuals engage in those same high risk sexual behaviors. Why aren't heterosexuals forbidden from donating blood? Far more heterosexuals have promiscuous, unsafe sex, than gays, purely by population differences.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
It's a medical reason based not the "way" one has sex but by how many times (promiscuouity) you have sex. You haven't heard anything about all the promiscuity in the gay community because of political correctness.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:37 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:
Why do people believe the stereotype that all gay people are promiscuous?.
Heh... Ever been to Southern Decadence in New Orleans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies